Stoke City vs Wigan Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 18/04/2023

Stoke
18/04/23 - 19:45

Finished

0

-

1

Wigan

Stoke - Wigan

England Championship - bet365 Stadium

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Essential Stoke City vs Wigan Predictions & Tips

Lackluster Wigan is going up against Stoke City on the 18th of April at Bet365 Stadium. The Stoke City vs Wigan betting tips aren’t the only ones our football experts compiled for you this week! We have plenty of more Championship predictions for free on our website.

Stoke City to Win

With four victories for coach Alex Neil’s side and one loss in the last five games between the two teams, it’s fair to consider the Potters the dominant force in this rivalry. Wigan’s last success over Stoke City came on the 30th of June, 2020, when they emerged victorious at home.

However, time hasn’t been too kind on Wigan and it seems like the visitors will spend the 2023/24 season in League One as they are at the bottom of the table with 34 points to their name.

Over 3.5 Bookings

Desperate Wigan will try anything out to get the three points. To do so, they probably won’t shy away from a challenge at Bet365 Stadium on Tuesday. With four yellow cards in the Blackpool game a couple of days ago, coach Shaun Maloney’s boys are certainly not going to go easy on Stoke either.

The latter are one of England’s famous defensive-oriented teams. That’s why we got to see five yellow cards and one red card for Stoke City’s players in the match against West Bromwich Albion on the 15th of April. The visitors also got booked twice. Surely, Tuesday’s clash will be a gladiator fight between Stoke and Wigan as well.

Stoke City vs Wigan Odds, H2H Stats, and Bookies

After reviewing our key Stoke City vs Wigan predictions, you’d be wise to check out some of our other key football betting tips today located on our website.

Head to Head

02/11/22

England Championship CHA

Wigan

Wigan

Stoke

Stoke

0

1

05/02/22

England FA Cup FA Cup

Stoke

Stoke

Wigan

Wigan

2

0

27/07/21

UK Friendlies UK

Wigan

Wigan

Stoke

Stoke

2

1

30/06/20

England Championship CHA

Wigan

Wigan

Stoke

Stoke

3

0

23/11/19

England Championship CHA

Stoke

Stoke

Wigan

Wigan

2

1

Last Five - Stoke

24/02/24

England Championship CHA

Cardiff

Cardiff

Stoke

Stoke

2

1

L

17/02/24

England Championship CHA

Coventry

Coventry

Stoke

Stoke

1

0

L

14/02/24

England Championship CHA

QPR

QPR

Stoke

Stoke

0

1

W

10/02/24

England Championship CHA

Blackburn

Blackburn

Stoke

Stoke

3

1

L

03/02/24

England Championship CHA

Leicester

Leicester

Stoke

Stoke

5

0

L

Last Five - Wigan

27/02/24

England League 1 League 1

Bolton

Bolton

Wigan

Wigan

0

1

W

23/02/24

England League 1 League 1

Cheltenham

Cheltenham

Wigan

Wigan

1

1

D

17/02/24

England League 1 League 1

Shrewsbury

Shrewsbury

Wigan

Wigan

0

1

W

13/02/24

England League 1 League 1

Oxford Utd

Oxford Utd

Wigan

Wigan

4

2

L

10/02/24

England League 1 League 1

Exeter

Exeter

Wigan

Wigan

2

1

L

Stoke City odds: 57/100 (1.57) – 62.0%

Draw odds: 3/1 (4.00) – 21.0%

Wigan odds: 22/5 (5.40) – 17.0%

Seeing as Wigan are at the bottom of the table in the Championship, the 22/5 (5.40) that suggests a 17.0% win probability on Tuesday should tempt no one. Stoke City are the expected winners with a massive 62.0% likelihood of securing the three points while a draw is valued at 3/1 (4.00)21.0% likelihood.

Stoke City vs Wigan Lineups & Team News

Stoke City

The Potters’ last Championship game was a disgrace for a couple of reasons. First of all, coach Alex Neil’s boys were doing great in the first 45 minutes. They were leading West Bromwich Albion 1-0 on the stroke of halftime but a lovely Jayson Molumby brace in the second half of the game turned the tides for a come-from-behind 1-2 victory for the visitors.

Predicted lineup – Bonham (GK), Hoever, Wilmot, Fox, Sterling, Pearson, Laurent, Brown, Smallbone, Campbell & Gayle

Wigan

With only a couple more games yet to be played, Wigan’s survival chances are almost non-existent. The team is at the bottom of the table with barely 34 points accumulated throughout eight victories, 13 draws, and 21 losses. That’s the sort of lackluster display that forced us to provide you with these Stoke City vs Wigan predictions.

Predicted lineup – Amos (GK), Rekik, Whatmough, Hughes, Nyambe, Power, Naylor, Aasgaard, McClean, Keane & Lang

Starting Lineups

Stoke

Stoke
15
Jordan Thompson
gb
3
Morgan Fox
gb
8
Lewis Baker
gb
28
Josh Laurent
gb
20
Dujon Sterling
gb
25
Nick Powell
gb
23
Bersant Celina
xk
13
Jack Bonham
ie
14
Josh Tymon
gb
9
Jacob Brown
gb
32
Connor Taylor
gb
Substitutes
17
Ki-Jana Hoever
nl
6
Phil Jagielka
gb
18
William Smallbone
ie
10
Tyrese Campbell
gb
47
Kahrel Azariah Reddin
gb
11
Dwight Gayle
gb
34
Frank Fielding
gb

Wigan

Wigan
1
Jamie Jones
gb
11
James McClean
ie
24
Omar Rekik
tn
22
Christ Tiehi
ci
19
Callum Lang
gb
28
Josh Magennis
gb
5
Jack Whatmough
gb
27
Tendayi Darikwa
zw
8
Max Power
gb
2
Ryan Nyambe
na
10
Will Keane
ie
Substitutes
3
Tom Pearce
gb
48
Abdulrahman Sharif
gb
4
Tom Naylor
gb
30
Thelo Aasgaard
no
40
Sam Tickle
gb
23
Ashley Fletcher
gb
29
Steven Caulker
sl

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to Watch: Lewis Baker

With Ben Pearson out for Tuesday’s game due to his suspension, coach Alex Neil’s team will have a hole at the center of the park. That is if Lewis Baker didn’t play either. The latter is in formidable form this season. Not only is he bossing the midfield with his relentless composure but he’s also one of the top scorers on the team.

With seven goals and five assists to his name, Lewis Baker is truly a key part of our Stoke City vs Wigan predictions and we’re sure he’ll have a great game on the 18th of April.

Championship Standings

Stoke City vs Wigan – Questions and Answers:

Stoke City vs Wigan Prediction

  • What’s the venue? – This match will be held at Bet365 Stadium at Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.
  • Are there any injured players? – None for Stoke City but Wigan’s Jordan Cousins and Jason Kerr are going to miss this match.
  • Where can I watch Stoke City vs Wigan Athletic? – You can watch Stoke City vs Wigan Athletic on Sky Sports Red Button.
  • Will Ben Pearson play on Tuesday? – Sadly, no. Stoke City’s defensive midfielder is out for this game due to his red card suspension.
  • What was the last H2H result? The Potters earned the points on the road in the reverse fixture. Defender Josh Tymon scored the only goal of the game to give Stoke the three points on offer.
  • Who has won more in H2H matches? Stoke has the upper hand in their last five competitive meetings, winning four and losing once. Overall, it is the Latics who are leading with six wins, 9 draws and five matches finishing in favour of Stoke
  • What was Stoke's last result? Stoke suffered a 1-2 defeat at the hands of West Brom in their last outing. Alex Neil was left fuming as the Potters went into the break with the lead thanks to Jacob Brown. However, they lost the plot in the final 45 minutes with Jayson Molumby scoring a ten-minute brace.

Avatar of Ash Munson
Ash Munson

Ash an experienced sports writer who has an extensive background in data analytics. Here, he combines those skills to provide you, the reader, with engaging and well researched content. Oh, and Ash is an Ipswich Town fan!