Here is the result of our in-depth comparison of the best mobile applications for sports betting in the UK:
|Betting Apps 2021||Bonus offer||Download Link|
||£20 free bets||GET CORAL APP >|
|18+ New Online UK+IRE players. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + T&Cs apply.|
||Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365.||GET BET365 APP >|
|Min deposit £5. Bet credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.|
||£20 free bets||GET LADBROKES APP >|
|18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.|
||£20 risk-free first bet||GET BETFAIR APP >|
|New customers only. Min odds 1/5 (1.2). If you place a multiple at least one selection must meet the min odds requirement. Max £20 refund. Payment restrictions apply. Qualifying bet must be placed and settled within 30 days of account opening. T&Cs apply.|
| WILLIAM HILL
||Exclusive £40 free bets on mobile||GET WILLIAM HILL APP >|
|18+. Play Safe. When you sign-up via Mobile using promo code N40 and place a bet of £10/€10 or more we will give you 4x £10/€10 free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.|
| PADDY POWER
||£20 risk-free bet||GET PADDY POWER APP >|
|New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. T&Cs apply.|
||£30 in free bets + 60 free spins||GET BETFRED APP >|
|New UK & NI customers only. promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet of £10+ in one bet transaction, at odds of Evens (2.0) +. settled within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets credited within 48 hours of bet settlement, 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS validation may be required. Max 60 Free Spins on Justice League Comics. 7-day expiry.Full T&Cs apply.|
Which are the Top Six Betting Apps in the UK?
Our top six choices for betting apps are as follows:
- William Hill App
- Bet365 App
- Betfair App
- Betfred App
- Paddy Power App
- Genting Bet App
Below, you can read a little more about each bookie and their app and see the iOS and Android apps' average user ratings.
1. William Hill Betting App – 4.8/5
William Hill has recently updated its mobile platform, and its mobile app is receiving more positive appraises. They offer their customers a user-friendly platform with straightforward access to all the app's features. Their welcome offer depends on whether you are using a mobile app or site and which promo code you enter, so watch out if you are a new customer, so you don't mix-up your codes.
18+. Play Safe. When you sign-up via Mobile using promo code N40 and place a bet of £10/€10 or more we will give you 4x £10/€10 free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.
2. Bet365 Betting App – 4.7/5
Bet365 is the most popular bookmaker in the world. They have an extensive array of markets and sports to choose from, and they offer plenty of football and other types of coupons. Their app is easy-to-use, and it looks almost like the mobile site, so you won't get confused about where everything is once you download and open it. Check the latest mobile bonuses at Bet365.
Min deposit $10. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to the value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.The bet365 bonus code SPORTSMAX can be used during registration. However, it does not change the offer amount in any way.
3. Betfair Betting App – 4.7/5
The Betfair mobile app is а natural way to access the diverse and fulfilling betting options they offer, especially for football matches. They also have regular odds boosts, and accessing their features is as easy as pie. Their popular betting exchange platform is on a different app, so if you want to try it out, you will have to download a second app.
New customer offer. Place 5 x €/£10 or more bets to receive €/£20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum €/£100 bonus.
Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
4. Betfred Betting App – 4.6/5
Betfred's mobile app is optimized to be faster and easy-to-navigate. Their unique website design was transformed into a high-end user-friendly mobile platform. The app provides all the available markets and sports, and you can access other features, like live-streaming or cash-out. The bookie offers regular promo codes to all of its customers and continuously attracts new ones.
New UK & NI customers only. promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet of £10+ in one bet transaction, at odds of Evens (2.0) +. settled within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets credited within 48 hours of bet settlement, 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS validation may be required. Max 60 Free Spins on Justice League Comics. 7-day expiry.Full T&Cs apply.
5. Paddy Power App – 4.5/5
Paddy Power has been around for many years. The Irish bookmaker offers its customers many chances to benefit from the plethora of bonuses and promotions, the many sections they provide besides the Sportsbook, and the unique features that help punters like the bet calculator, news page, and more. The available live bets and cash-out markets are impressive, and the streams are high-quality.
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using Cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. T&Cs apply.
6. Genting Bet App – 3.6/5
Genting Bet is an established name in the UK, but it isn't famous for its sports wagering. They introduced it later on but started as a land-based casino operator. Some of you might ask yourself, ‘why are they on this list?' but there is no mistake. The bookmaker has evolved very much and is one of the best out there, their mobile app is high-end and is one of the easiest to navigate. They also provide everything available to their mobile customers. The welcome offer and other promotions are the same as those on the desktop platform, so you won't miss anything if you only play on the app.
£10 Free Bet If Your First Settled Bet Doesn't Win: New Customers, first losing settled single bet £10+ (£10+ E/W) at odds 2.00+ qualifies.
Free bet credited within 24 hours, 7 days to use. Stake not included in returns. Valid only for accounts tracked from an eligible referring website.
Other good apps you could try out
There are many trustworthy operators out there, and this list is only the top of the top when it comes to a mobile sports betting app. Several other bookmakers provide reliable mobile apps, and we thought that we should at least mention their names and acknowledge them.
- 888 Sport
- Smarkets (for exchange) or SBK (for sportsbook)
What we took into consideration when choosing the Best Mobile App for you
Placing bets on a mobile device is trendy these days, and many bookmakers have that option available. There are two kinds of mobile betting – via a mobile site and a mobile app. The first bookmaker to introduce mobile wagering was Coral, and the first official mobile app was Betfair's. Since then, many other bookmakers have released their mobile apps, and nowadays, they even release exclusive bonuses for mobile app customers. Technology has made possible a lot of unique features available on mobile devices, and bookies instantly introduced them on their platforms.
We took into consideration the prevalent features any sports wagering mobile app would need to satisfy its customers and came up with a list of features any reliable mobile sports betting app should have.
- In-play wagering – live betting has become viral ever since it was created. Customers enjoy the possibility of placing wagers after the event already started, and bookmakers made that possible. The feature is best, coupled with other features like cash-out and live streaming. The combination of those features can get you a sizeable profit, then if you simply wagered on the game before it started.
- Variety of betting options – a good Sportsbook should have a wide range of sports and markets for their customers to choose from. If the mobile app doesn't feature all the available options, what is the point of having it? Customers should have access to everything the Sportsbook has to offer on both the website/mobile site and the mobile app. Having plenty of markets for the different spots is also necessary because more punters are diving into the diversity of bets available. They are also exploring more and more market types outside of match results.
- Cash-out – different bookies have different names for this feature, but mostly it does the same thing. You can settle your wager early (before the end of the match) at odds calculated by the bookmaker. This feature is especially useful whenever the team you place a stake on to win is down by three goals after the first half. Another situation when you can use this feature would be to be uncertain of the outcome of the match and prefer to secure what you won until now.
- Live streaming – being able to watch the games you bet on is always a great option to have. Many punters enjoy watching sports even if they don't plan on betting on them. A bookmaker's live streaming option allows you to view all the games they stream n their platform for free. Only Horse Racing or Greyhound Racing requires you to place at least £1 on the race before you can watch it, but all other sports are free-to-watch, as long as you have a verified account and funds in it.
- Same Game Multi/Bet builder – the feature allows you to combine wagers on the same match (in most cases) is called a “Bet Builder,” but all bookmakers have different names for it. The feature is mostly available for Football matches, but some bookies offer Tennis and other sports, although they aren't that many.
- Bookmaker promotions and mobile-only bonuses – bonuses and promotions are significant when it comes to online wagering. Bookies offer different types of bonuses that vary between free bets, cash prizes, odds boosts, risk-free bets, Acca insurance, etc. The most popular promos are welcome offers. Usually, they are the same for both online and mobile platforms, but some bookies also offer mobile-only bonuses for new and existing customers.
How to download iOS and Android sports betting apps
Apps are efficient, and that's why people love them. Getting the sports wagering apps for all the bookies mentioned in this article is free, and you can follow the same steps when downloading them. We only described how to get them on the most popular mobile platform – iOS and Android.
Downloading Apps for iOS Devices
Getting a bookie's mobile app on iOS devices (iPhones and iPads) is more accessible than on Androids. The fastest way is to open your App Store and type in the name of the bookmaker you want to start betting with or already have an account with. Find their sports wagering app from the search options below (some bookmakers offer different apps for betting andother services they might provide), and install it on your device. After the process is complete, you can open the app and login or register for a new account.
Downloading Apps for Android Devices
Downloading the betting app on Androids is harder but don't worry once you follow the steps below you would have no trouble with it. Before you do anything else complete these settings changes on your device first:
- Open your Settings->Security menu.
- Find the “unknown sources” button and toggle it, so it's turned on.
This allows you to download apps from sources besides Google Play. This is required because Google doesn't allow any real-time gambling apps to be distributed. The next step is to open your mobile browser and type in the address of the bookmaker. Open their mobile site and navigate to the mobile apps page (some mobile betting sites have a link to download the app on top of the page which slides down once you open it). Find the app you want to download if there is more than one and click on it. Once the download is complete, you can open your files and navigate to the folder where your downloads are stored. You would have to click on the.APK file and open it for the installation process to begin. Once it's done, you can go ahead and open the app.
What are the positive and negative aspects of mobile wagering (vs desktop)?
There are pros and cons to everything once you think about it. Mobile wagering has made many people's lives more convenient, and some of the advantages of mobile wagering are:
- You can place bets on-the-go and from the palm of your hand.
- You can access the apps/sites from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.
- You don't need to continually stay close to a computer to know what's happening on the bookie platform.
- You can enjoy some special offers (free bets, inplay boosted odds)
- You can get notifications (odds change for instance)
- You don’t necessarily need wi-fi, you can wager via 3G too.
There are also some disadvantages to placing bets on mobile platforms, but they are way less than the advantages, like:
- Mobile wagering isn't as convenient or fast when you place in-play bets like a computer is.
- Having access to the app/mobile site 24/7 could be distracting or interfere with your work.
- 3G connections aren't as consistent or fast like wi-fi, and sometimes you may experience disconnects or failure to place wagers.
You may be wondering which mobile options are better – an app or mobile site. In our opinion, a mobile app is faster and easier to use than a mobile site. Another advantage is that mobile apps come with push notifications, which is a great way to keep yourself informed of the latest developments like when your bet is settled, when you receive a bonus, etc. But if you don't want to download an app, you can choose to play via the mobile site. Another fact to think about is that some older devices don't go well with mobile apps, and you may experience bugs, while if you use a mobile site, it won't matter how old your device is.
Our Final Conclusion on the top betting apps
Choosing the best mobile apps isn't an easy task, and we took into consideration many factors. The most important ones are listed in the article. Still, there are other ones we also looked at before we made out choice, like mobile platform interface, security, popularity, and user opinions. The apps listed above and their ratings aren't the only things you should be looking at before deciding which app to download. Just because the average user rating is below four stars, it doesn't mean that the app is a bad choice. Since it's made our list, you can be sure that the app deserves to be called one of the best. If you are a new customer who spends most of their time on the phone, then playing via a mobile app is the best option. Whichever bookie you choose our list, you won't regret it.