Netherlands to win
Under 2.5 Goals
The third edition of the UEFA Nations League is underway and we're going to take a closer look at the top division, otherwise known as League A. Who are the favourites to win the Nations League title? How have the draws for the group stage played out? And who are the main players to watch out for?
The Nations League will run from 1st June 2022 with the opening group game between Poland and Wales all the way through to the final in June 2023. In March 2024, the teams vying for promotion from League B, League C and League D will face-off in the play-offs.
Football Whispers' Free Betting Tips
We've picked three of the big games taking place in the opening week of the Nations League and made a prediction for each one, of course, accompanied by the latest and best odds available.
- 1 Football Whispers' Free Betting Tips
- 2 The Nations League: League A Group Stage
- 3 Nations League: Outright Predictions
- 4 Nations League: Players to Watch Out For
- 5 UEFA Nations League – Other Types of Bets to Try Out
- 6 Best Bookmakers for Betting on the UEFA Nations League
- 7 FAQ about Betting on the UEFA Nations League
Croatia vs Spain: Croatia or Draw @ 4/5 (1.80)
The Nations League final is where we start our tips and we’re backing Croatia to take this game into extra time – at the very least. They arrive here having put together a four game unbeaten run and their double chance odds of 4/5 (1.80) offer insanely good value. Spain haven’t exactly been flying lately with two wins from their last five games and their head to head record against Croatia leaves a lot to be desired too. Croatia have lost just one of the last four meetings.
Kick-Off: 19:45 GMT, 18/06/2023
Croatia vs Spain: BTTS @ 4/5 (1.80)
We stick with the final in our second tip but now we focus on the both teams to score market and we’re betting on the ‘yes’ outcome. Spain have scored a total of six goals across their last five matches whilst conceding an average of 1.0 per game in that period. As for Croatia, they’ve seen both teams score in three of their last four matches. The head to head record looks good on the BTTS front too; both teams have scored in three of the last four meetings.
Kick-Off: 19:45 GMT, 18/06/2023
Netherlands vs Italy: Netherlands to win @ 5/4 (2.25)
We end our tips with a match result prediction from the third place playoff match up between Netherlands and Italy. Our prediction is that Netherlands win. Not only do they arrive here in better form having lost just one of their past five games compared to Italy, who have lost three of their last five, but they will also have a heavily Dutch crowd cheering them on with De Grolsch Veste the stadium hosting this clash. Those factors together make the odds on offer very attractive!
Kick-Off: 14:00 GMT, 18/06/2023
The Nations League: League A Group Stage
The Nations League is split up into four leagues, League A, League B, League C and League D, and within those divisions, we have four groups, Group 1, Group 2, Group 3 and Group 4. Each teams will play the other three teams in their selected group twice, once at home and once away.
League A: Group 1
League A: Group 2
- Czech Republic
League A: Group 3
League A: Group 4
Nations League: Outright Predictions
Even before a ball has been kicked, the bookmakers have picked their favourites to go all the way and win the latest installment of the Nations League,
France @ 3/1
France claimed the third-place trophy in the 2020/21 Nations League by defeating Spain 2-1 with goals from Benzema and Mbappe. This time around the French are the bookmakers' current favourites to win the competition and with the team Didier Deschamps has brought together, who can blame them?
Spain @ 6/1
Spain finished 4th last time out despite not being considered much of a threat before the tournament began, but have become one of the favourites to win the Nations League this time around. Luiz Enrigue is looking to guide the Spanish to their first trophy wince the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup but question marks surround his side's ability to score enough goals due to a distinct lack of a natural No.9.
Belgium @ 6/1
Roberto Martinez has been given another opportunity to end Belgium's trophy drought and for their ‘Golden Generation' of players, the chances of ending their careers with a major international trophy under their belts are getting slimmer and slimmer with each year that passes, but will 2023 see the Red Devils go one step further and win the Nations League after that 2-1 defeat to Italy in the last final?
England @ 8/1
England made it all the way to the semi-finals in the first-ever Nations League competition and Gareth Southgate has seen his young side improve since then, so can he guide England to their first trophy since the 1966 World Cup? Surely the three lions stand a good chance given how well the Premier League is performing right now and with his young talented squad gaining some much-needed experience as they made it through to the Euro 2020 Final.
Nations League: Players to Watch Out For
Here is our list of players to watch out for in the upcoming Nations League. The players that we have mentioned have all had impressive seasons in 2021/22 and should all get selected for their countries during this tournament.
- Conor Gallagher – Impressed on loan at Crystal Palace and offers Southgate a little something different in his midfield providing both goals and assists.
- Cristiano Ronaldo – proved that age is just a number by scoring 18-goals in the Premier League this season. The veteran Man Utd striker won this competition with Portugal a few years ago and would love to guide his homeland to glory nice again.
- Diogo Jota – enjoyed a very successful season with Liverpool lifting the FA Cup and League Cup, scoring 15-goals in the league alone.
- Bukayo Saka – was part of the England side that made it to the final of Euro 2020, Saka has improved again this season and is still only 20-years-old. Could the Arsenal man lead England to glory?
- Declan Rice – continues to be linked with big moves away from West Ham following another excellent season in the heart of the Hammers' midfield. A dead cert to start for Southgate's side.
- Virgil van Dijk – continues to lead from the back for Liverpool, enjoying another flawless season in the Reds backline. His experience and ability will surely make the Netherlands are hard team to beat.
- Rodri – what a fantastic season the Spaniard has had with Man City, culminating in him scoring one of the three goals City needed on the final day of the season to clinch the title. Spain are one of the big favourites to win the trophy and you can see why.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold – picked up an injury just before Euro 2020 and who knows how England would have fared in the final had he been playing at full fitness. An assist machine for Liverpool and improving defensively as well.
- Kevin De Bruyne – a classy playmaker who played a huge part in Man City's title success of 2021/22 but can he finally lead Belgium to their first-ever major trophy?
- Rafael Leao – picked up the player of the season award in Serie A after helping to guide AC Milan to the title. A forward that assists as many goals as he scores, Portugal will be looking to get him into their starting eleven on a regular basis.
- Jules Kunde – the French centre-back has impressed at Sevilla this season and looks like he could be on his way to the Premier League this summer. France are going to be hard to beat and it's no wonder they are the bookmakers' favourite to lift the Nations League trophy.
- Pedri – this young Spanish international is developing well at Barcelona and will surely be one of the next big stars of world football. The 19-year-old helped Barcelona to the runners-up spot in La Liga following the departure of Messi.
- Karim Benzema – surely the most consistent and lethal striker in the 2021/22 season, Benzema will be a huge threat for France in the Nations League after top-scoring in both La Liga and the Champions League this season.
UEFA Nations League – Other Types of Bets to Try Out
In addition to the basic types of bets and betting markets for Nations League, you can also try some of the more exotic bets, such as:
- Live Betting – Betting on live events is becoming more and more popular, so you may want to wait for the Nations League semi-finals to start before you decide on the best bet. This will give you a chance to see how the games are developing and track the live stats before you place a bet.
- Accumulator Bets – Accumulator or Acca bets are bets that consist of more than one selection. For example, you can bet on Italy to win their match and on France to win their game and the odds for both selections will multiply to give you better overall odds. Some bookies also offer single-game Accas, which is another interesting option for betting on the Nations League.
- Special Markets – In addition to the basic markets like match result, half time result, over/under, both teams to score, and others, you can also find special markets for Nations League. For example, you can bet on the goalscorers, number of corners, yellow cards, and many other things.
Best Bookmakers for Betting on the UEFA Nations League
There are many good bookies out there and choosing the right one may not always be easy. So, here are a few of our favourite bookies for betting on the Nations League:
- Grosvenor Sports – With a classy sportsbook rich with sports and markets and a variety of promotions for new and active players, Grosvenor Sports is one of the top choices for betting on the Nations League.
- William Hill – A well known name in the betting industry for a reason, William Hill has many great features, including different bonuses and promotions, variety of sports and markets, and pretty competitive odds.
- Bet365 – This bookie has been one of the favourites for bettors for many years thanks to their great live betting section, unparalleled selection of sports and leagues, and attractive design and graphics for live stats. See the Bet365 bonus code.
- Ladbrokes – In addition to the variety of betting options on many sports, Ladbrokes also offers a unique betting experience on their own betting exchange and various interesting features and benefits on The Grid. Discover the Ladbrokes sign up offer.
- Paddy Power – Building a reputation in the world of online sports betting is not easy, but Paddy Power rose to the top thanks to their generous promotions and bonuses, early payouts, rewards club, and a variety of sports and markets. See the Paddy power sign up offer.
FAQ about Betting on the UEFA Nations League
How to Know Whether a Bookie Is Reliable?
Before you make an account on a betting website, make sure that they have the appropriate licenses for operating. Also, check the online reviews of other players to get a better picture.
How to Choose the Best Bookie for Betting on the Nations League?
There are many factors to consider when you choose a bookie, such as bonuses and promotions, selection of sports and betting markets, quality of odds, payment options, in-play betting section, live streaming options, etc.
Can Anybody Claim the Welcome Offer?
Only new players can claim a welcome offer on a betting website. Depending on the site, there may be other conditions involved.
What Is the Cash Out Feature?
Most bookmakers offer the Cash Out feature, which allows you to get out of your bet early, before the event is over. This way, you can control the faith of your bet to some extent and minimize the risk of losing the entire amount you wagered.