Tottenham vs West Ham prediction, odds & betting tips 07/12/2023

Tottenham
07/12/23 - 20:15

Finished

1

-

2

West Ham

Tottenham - West Ham

England Premier League - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

* Betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change

We're bringing you our Premier League predictions for Tottenham vs West Ham on Thursday night. Tottenham will be hoping to have turned the corner following their 3-3 draw at Man City last time out but they go up against an in-form West Ham side on Thursday in what should be a closely fought match.

Tottenham vs West Ham prediction – Betting tips & odds

Hot Tip – Both Teams to Score & Over 2.5 Goals

  • Both teams have scored in four of the last five meetings between these two clubs.
  • Over 2.5 goals have been produced in three of the last five head-to-heads between Tottenham and West Ham.

Another reason that we have backed BTTS and Over 2.5 Goals as our main Tottenham vs West Ham prediction is that each of Spurs' last five fixtures have ended with at least three goals and both teams finding the back of the net.

Latest odds

Head to Head

05/12/23

England Premier League EPL

Tottenham

Tottenham

West Ham

West Ham

0

0

18/07/23

Europe Friendlies Europe

Tottenham

Tottenham

West Ham

West Ham

2

3

19/02/23

England Premier League EPL

Tottenham

Tottenham

West Ham

West Ham

2

0

31/08/22

England Premier League EPL

West Ham

West Ham

Tottenham

Tottenham

1

1

20/03/22

England Premier League EPL

Tottenham

Tottenham

West Ham

West Ham

3

1

Last Five - Tottenham

02/03/24

England Premier League EPL

Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace

Tottenham

Tottenham

1

3

W

17/02/24

England Premier League EPL

Wolverhampton

Wolverhampton

Tottenham

Tottenham

2

1

L

10/02/24

England Premier League EPL

Brighton

Brighton

Tottenham

Tottenham

1

2

W

03/02/24

England Premier League EPL

Everton

Everton

Tottenham

Tottenham

2

2

D

31/01/24

England Premier League EPL

Brentford

Brentford

Tottenham

Tottenham

2

3

W

Last Five - West Ham

02/03/24

England Premier League EPL

Everton

Everton

West Ham

West Ham

1

3

W

26/02/24

England Premier League EPL

Brentford

Brentford

West Ham

West Ham

2

4

W

17/02/24

England Premier League EPL

Nottm Forest

Nottm Forest

West Ham

West Ham

2

0

L

11/02/24

England Premier League EPL

Arsenal

Arsenal

West Ham

West Ham

6

0

L

04/02/24

England Premier League EPL

Man Utd

Man Utd

West Ham

West Ham

3

0

L

Win probability

  • HOME: 4/5 (1.80) – 55.6%
  • DRAW: 10/3 (4.33) – 23.1%
  • AWAY: 33/10 (4.30) – 23.3%

Tottenham are the expected winners of this game with a probability of 55.6%, but we are expecting this game to be close and competitive throughout. For more football betting tips on Thursday's match, check out the Anytime Goalscorer market. Heung-Min Son is the favourite to score in this game at 5/4 (2.25) which has a probability of 44.4%, but you can also back Brennan Johnson at 2/1 (3.00) with a probability of 33.3%, or West Ham's Jarrod Bowen at 11/4 (3.75) who has a probability of 26.7%.

Tottenham vs West Ham prediction – Other tips

Correct Score: 2-1

  • Three of Tottenham's last five matches have produced scorelines of 2-1.
  • Both Tottenham and West Ham have scored in each of their last six matches in all competitions.

Tottenham to Win

  • Tottenham have won three of their last four competitive matches against West Ham.
  • Each of those three Tottenham victories have arrived at home.

Tottenham vs West Ham team news

Tottenham

Tottenham claimed a point away at Manchester City last weekend and will be hoping to build on that result this Thursday. Son Heung-Min put the visitors in front and then put the ball into the back of his own net to get Man City back onto level terms. Pep Guardiola's men went in at the break 2-1 up but Giovani Lo Celso equalised for Spurs in the sixty-ninth minute. Man City looked like they had done enough to win the game when they scored a third goal nine minutes from time, only for Tottenham to hit back late on through Dejan Kulusevski whose goal wrapped up a 3-3 draw. Cristian Romero returns from suspension this week but Eric Dier, Pape Sarr, Manor Solomon, Ryan Sessegnon, James Maddison, Micky van de Ven, Rodrigo Bentancur and Ivan Perisic are all injury concerns.

Predicted Lineup: Vicario (GK), Davies, Royal, Porro, Udogie, Lo Celso, Bissouma, Kulusevski, Son, Gil & Johnson 

West Ham

Despite taking the lead at home to Crystal Palace through Mohammed Kudus, the Hammers had to settle for a share of the spoils following a second-half equaliser from Odsonne Edouard. David Moyes will be hoping to welcome back Michail Antonio and Kurt Zouma ahead of the trip to Tottenham. Antonio has been out with a knee injury while Zouma had personal reasons for missing the draw with Crystal Palace.

Predicted Lineup: Areola (GK), Coufal, Emerson, Aguerd, Mavropanos, Ward-Prowse, Souček, Paquetá, Álvarez, Kudus & Bowen

Tottenham

Tottenham
4-2-3-1
13
Guglielmo Vicario
it
23
Pedro Porro
es
17
Cristian Romero
ar
33
Ben Davies
gb
38
Iyenoma Destiny Udogie
it
8
Yves Bissouma
ml
5
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
dk
22
Brennan Johnson
gb
18
Giovani Lo Celso
ar
21
Dejan Kulusevski
se
7
Son Heung-min
kr
Substitutes
63
Jamie Donley
gb
9
Richarlison
br
36
Alejo Veliz
ar
4
Oliver Skipp
gb
12
Emerson
br
11
Bryan Salvatierra
es
29
Pape Matar Sarr
sn
65
Alfie Dorrington
gb
20
Fraser Forster
gb

West Ham

West Ham
4-2-3-1
1
Lukasz Fabianski
pl
5
Vladimir Coufal
cz
4
Kurt Zouma
fr
27
Nayef Aguerd
ma
33
Emerson
it
19
Edson Alvarez
mx
7
James Ward Prowse
gb
14
Mohammed Kudus
gh
28
Tomas Soucek
cz
10
Lucas Paqueta
br
20
Jarrod Bowen
gb
Substitutes
8
Pablo Fornals
es
45
Divin Mubama
gb
21
Angelo Ogbonna
it
49
Joseph Anang
gb
3
Aaron Cresswell
gb
18
Danny Ings
gb
22
Said Benrahma
dz
24
Thilo Kehrer
de
15
Konstantinos Mavropanos
gr

*Lineups are usually announced 1hr before kick-off

Player to Watch: Heung-Min Son

Son has been Tottenham's stand-out player this season with nine Premier League goals and six assists.

The 31-year-old has had to take on more responsibility since Harry Kane left the club in the summer and so far the South Korean international is doing a fantastic job.

We're backing Son to continue his excellent form on Thursday night which has seen the forward score seven goals in his last ten matches for club and country.


Avatar of James Kelbrick
James Kelbrick

A lifelong Evertonian, James started writing for an Everton fan site in the mid-2000s and then developed his own blog covering football transfers from across Europe's big leagues before becoming a regular match preview and betting tips writer for Biggest Free Bets. James moved to Free Super Tips next, and then Racing Post, where he worked as a full-time writer for a few years, taking on extra responsibilities such as creating the schedule and assigning out work. Following that, James wrote for a number of websites including Fore Bet before joining Football Whispers in December 2020.