* Betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.
One of the most exciting matchups in the second round of Euro U21 Championships is the Portugal U21 vs Netherlands U21 duel, scheduled for Saturday, June 24th. Here is our preview of the game, followed by some of our favourite betting tips for it.
Portugal U21 vs Netherlands U21 Predictions and Betting Picks
If you're looking for the best football betting tips, including our top Portugal U21 vs Netherlands U21 tips, we can help you out:
- 1 Portugal U21 vs Netherlands U21 Predictions and Betting Picks
- 2 Best Odds and Stats for Portugal U21 vs Netherlands U21
- 3 Portugal U21 – Netherlands U21 Preview: News, Form, and Probable Lineups
- 4 Player to Watch: Pedro Neto
Our First Portugal U21 vs Netherlands U21 Prediction: Draw
- Netherlands U21 drew in four of their last five matches, including their first game at the tournament
- Portugal U21 lost to Georgia U21 in the first round, so they can't afford another loss
- The two teams are pretty similar in terms of quality and a draw sounds realistic
Our Second Portugal U21 vs Netherlands U21 Prediction: Under 2.5 Total Goals
- Netherlands U21 have gone under 2.5 total goals in four of their last five games
- Only two of the last five h2h duels between these two teams have gone under 2.5 total goals
- We believe that the importance of the match for both teams will lead to a low-scoring affair
Best Odds and Stats for Portugal U21 vs Netherlands U21
If you're looking for the top Portugal U21 vs Netherlands U21 odds and stats, you can check them all here, on our site:
Portugal U21 odds: 7/4 (2.75) – 36.40% Probability
Draw odds: 12/5 (3.40) – 29.40% Probability
Netherlands U21 odds: 33/20 (2.65) – 37.70% Probability
This is a close match and the bookies acknowledge this if we look at the odds, but Netherlands U21 are the expected winners in this game with a small margin and a 37.70% win probability. Meanwhile, we can also see that the most likely Correct Score is a 1-1 draw at 11/2 (6.50) odds, which is the same as a 15.4 probability%.
Portugal U21 Last Five: LWWLW
Netherlands U21 Last Five: DDDWD
Portugal U21 – Netherlands U21 Preview: News, Form, and Probable Lineups
Read all of the latest updates and team news for this match here, including our predicted Georgia U21 vs Belgium U21 lineups.
While they were handed a tough group with Belgium U21 and Netherlands U21 in it, Portugal U21 was still seen as one of the favourites to get out of the group. However, their surprising loss to the outsiders of the group Georgia U21 in the first round puts them in a tough spot ahead of the remaining two matches, in which they will likely have to get at least four points to have a chance to go through.
Portugal U21 Predicted Lineup:
Biai – Carlos, Amaro, Penetra, Tavares – Neves, Dantas, Almeida – Conceicao, Araujo, Neto
With a scoreless draw against Belgium U21 in the first round of the tournament, Netherlands U21 is hoping to beat Portugal U21 in the next game and push them out of the contention for the next stage. That being said, Netherlands U21 have only managed to win once in their last five games, so they will have to do better than that if they want to get the three points here.
Netherlands U21 Predicted Lineup:
Verbruggen – Rensch, Van Hecke, Van de Ven, Hartman – Timber, Gravenberch – Ekkelenkamp, Taylor, Summerville – Brobbey
Teams often release starting lineups an hour before the kickoff.
Player to Watch: Pedro Neto
While we can see this being a close game, there are many player who could stand out and make a difference, from both teams. Our choice is Pedro Neto, who has a lot of experience at the highest level already.
The winger has been playing in Premier League for Wolves for more than three years now and Netherlands U21 need to keep a close eye on him in this match.