* Betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change
The first round of UEFA Conference League brings us a duel between Legia Warsaw and Aston Villa, scheduled for Thursday, September 21st. We will now take a closer look at this game and provide you with our favourite football betting tips for it.
Our top Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa predictions and betting picks
If you're looking for dependable Conference League predictions, like our Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa tips, we can help you out:
- 1 Our top Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa predictions and betting picks
- 2 Best odds, stats, and more for Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa
- 3 Legia Warsaw – Aston Villa preview: News, recent form, and probable lineups
- 4 Player to watch: Mousa Diaby
Our first Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa prediction: Aston Villa to win
- Aston Villa won five of their seven matches this season in all competitions
- Legia Warsaw only reached the group stage of Conference League after penalty shootout against Midtjylland
- The difference in quality between these two teams is also evident if UEFA rankings, where Aston Villa is 80th, while Legia is 148th
Our second Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa prediction: Over 2.5 total goals
- Aston Villa went over 2.5 total goals in all seven matches they played this season in all competitions
- Legia Warsaw went over 2.5 total goals in five of their six games in Conference League qualifiers
- Aston Villa averaged 4.20 goals per game in Premier League this season, while Legia averaged 2.50 goals per game in Ekstraklasa
Best odds, stats, and more for Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa
If you are looking for the top Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa odds and stats, you can find them here, on our site:
Legia Warsaw last five: DWDDW
Aston Villa last five: WLWWW
Now we can take a closer look at the top odds and markets for this duel:
Legia Warsaw odds: 11/2 (6.50) – 15.40% probability
Draw odds: 15/4 (4.75) – 21.10% probability
Aston Villa odds: 6/11 (1.55) – 64.70% probability
It is obvious from the odds that Aston Villa are the expected winners in this match with a 64.70% win probability. In addition to that, the top candidate to become the first goalscorer in this game is Ollie Watkins at 17/4 (5.25) odds, which is equal to a 19.00% probability.
Legia Warsaw – Aston Villa preview: News, recent form, and probable lineups
Check out the latest information on both teams right here, including the most likely Legia Warsaw vs Aston Villa lineups:
After getting through three rounds of Qualifiers, Legia Warsaw finally made it to the group stages of Europa Conference League, although their last matchup against Midtjylland had to be decided after penalties. Meanwhile, Legia has four wins and two draws in Polish league so far, so they are in good form overall. Bartosz Kapustka, Blaz Kramer, and Rafal Augustyniak are out with injuries right now.
Legia Warsaw predicted lineup:
Tobiasz – Ribeiro, Jedrzejczyk, Pankov – Wszolek, Josue, Elitim, Slisz, Kun – Pekhard, Muci
With three wins in the first five rounds of Premier League, Aston Villa had a solid start, especially since they started the new season with a heavy 5-1 loss to Newcastle and managed to turn things around quickly. When it comes to team news, Emiliano Buendia, Kortney House, Diego Carlos, Tim Iroegbunam, Tyrone Mings, Bertrand Traore, and Jacob Ramsey are all on Aston Villa's injury list ahead of the next game.
Aston Villa predicted lineup:
Martinez – Cash, Lenglet, Konsa, Moreno – Kamara, Tielemans, McGinn – Duran, Bailey, Diaby
Teams usually announce their lineups one hour before the kickoff
Player to watch: Mousa Diaby
Since we can see the guests winning this match, our player to watch comes from Aston Villa and it is their latest summer signing and currently one of the key offensive weapons, Mousa Diaby.
The French forward had a very good start to the season with his new team, with two goals and two assist in his first five matches in Premier League, so Legia will have to keep a close eye on Diaby in this duel.