18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
The top goalscorer award is something all forwards dream of achieving at least once in their career, and competition for the acclaimed titles across Europe's top five leagues is often so strong. We're taking a look at the top goalscorer markets across the Premier League, La Liga, the Bundesliga, Serie A, and Ligue 1 and providing you with all the latest odds. Here are the best tips to claim the top goalscorer award in each of the five major European leagues.
|Leagues||Top Goalscorer Pick & Best Odds||Bookmaker||Bet here|
|Robert Lewandowski @ 8/11||
||ADD TO BETSLIP >|
|Lionel Messi @ 4/6||
||ADD TO BETSLIP >|
|Mohamed Salah @ 7/2||
||ADD TO BETSLIP >|
|Cristiano Ronaldo @ 11/5||
||ADD TO BETSLIP >|
|Kylian Mbappe @ 11/10||
||ADD TO BETSLIP >|
All odds are subject to change, and you should always check with each bookmaker before placing a bet.
Premier League Top Goalscorer Predictions
The Premier League Golden Boot has been won by some prestigious names over the years including, three-time winner Alan Shearer, four-time winner Thierry Henry, and Cristiano Ronaldo. Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy are the only English players to have won the Premier League Golden Boot since Kevin Phillips back in 2000. 34-goals in one Premier League season remains the record held by Andy Cole in 1993/94 and Alan Shearer in 1994/95, both when the league consisted of more teams.
Vardy claimed the title last season with 23-goals in 35 appearances for Leicester City and is one of the likely candidates to contest the award in 2021. However, there are plenty of familiar names, as well as one new one, that will surely be challenging for the prestigious award this season. Finding good value bets for the Premier League Golden Boot award can be tricky, but here is a list of the best current odds available and the top contenders for the title.
- Mohamed Salah of Liverpool @ 7/2 with Bet365
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of Arsenal @ 9/2 with Bet365, BetFred & Skybet
- Harry Kane of Tottenham Hotspur @ 9/1 with Bet365
- Timo Werner of Chelsea @ 9/1 with William Hill
- Sergio Aguero of Manchester City @ 12/1 with Bet365, Skybet & PaddyPower
- Jamie Vardy of Leicester City @ 12/1 with Bet365, BetFred & PaddyPower
- Raheem Sterling of Manchester City @ 14/1 with BetFred, BetVictor & William Hill
Interestingly, Danny Ings, who netted 22-goals in the Premier League last season for Southampton, is only priced @ 28/1 with Bet365. We're not convinced that Werner and Aguero should be that high up in the list considering it is the Chelsea man's first season in the Premier League and Aguero is 32-years old, and struggles with injuries.
La Liga Top Goalscorer Predictions
The top goalscorer award in Spain's top flight is known as the ‘Trofeo Pichichi' and is named after the Atletic Bilbao forward Rafael ‘Pichichi' Moreno. The award has been won by some of world football's most famous names, icons of the sport. Di Stefano has claimed the award five times, Puskas have earned it four times, Kempes and Hugo Sanchez have also won it multiple times, as have Messi and Ronaldo.
Last season Messi claimed the Trofeo Pichichi for the seventh time in his illustrious career after netting 25-goals in 33 games for Barcelona. Messi is joined by the likes of Benzema, Griezmann, Hazard, and Morata as the favourites to win the award in the early markets. Real Madrid striker Benzema finished second in the goalscoring charts last season, finishing 4-goals behind Messi's total of 25. Gerard Moreno scored 18 league goals for Villarreal and claimed the third spot but doesn't make it into the top five contenders as things stand.
- Lionel Messi of Barcelona @ 4/6 with Bet365 is the favourite to claim the Trofeo Pichichi
- Karim Benzema of Real Madrid @ 11/2 with Bet365 is the clear second favourite
- Antoine Griezmann of Barcelona @ 10/1 with PaddyPower & William Hill is next in line
- Eden Hazard of Real Madrid @ 16/1 with BetFred & Bet365 is the fourth favourite
- Alvaro Morata of Atletico Madrid @ 33/1 with Betfair & PaddyPower is the best priced Spanish player
- Gerard Moreno of Villarreal @ 40/1 with PaddyPower & Betfair is considered an outsider
Luis Suarez and Gareth Bale are way down the list due to their current situations at Barcelona and Real Madrid, respectively. The Uruguayan striker has been told he can leave the Catalonians by new manager Ronald Koeman, despite scoring 16-goals in La Liga last season. Bale is deemed surplus to requirements at Real Madrid and only featured in 16 league games last season, netting a mere 2-goals. Edinson Cavani‘s name could soon be added to the list if he gets the transfer to Barcelona that he is so desperately hoping for.
Bundesliga Top Goalscorer Predictions
The Torjagerkanone, as is it known in Germany, has been claimed by Polish Striker Robert Lewandowski in five of the last seven Bundesliga campaigns. It should come as no surprise to see Lewandowski's name at the top of the markets for the Torjagerkanone this season, but he does have some competition.
Young Norwegian forward, Erling Haaland was the closet challenger to Lewandowski's Champions League Golden Boot last season. Haaland netted 13-goals in the Bundesliga last season and is seen as the most likely challenger to Lewandowski for the Toragerkanone in 2021. Timo Werner finished second on 28-goals, six behind the Polish forward, but has since signed for Premier League side Chelsea and Jadon Sancho, who claimed third spot, is constantly being linked with a move to Manchester United. Here's a list of the Torjagerkanone main contenders in what looks set to be a two-horse race.
- Robert Lewandowski of Bayern Munich @ 8/11 with PaddyPower
- Erling Haaland of Borussia Dortmund @ 9/2 with Bet365
- Jadon Sancho of Borussia Dortmund @ 20/1 with Skybet & PaddyPower
- Serge Gnabry of Bayern Munich @ 20/1 with Bet365
- Marco Reus of Borussia Dortmund @ 22/1 with Skybet
- Wout Weghorst of Wolfsburg @ 28/1 with Skybet
- Alassane Plea of Borussia Monchengladbach @ 40/1 with Bet365 & Skybet
Thomas Muller was the assist king in the Bundesliga last season, setting up 21-goals, but remains a rank outsider for the Torjagerkanone @ 50/1, having failed to score double figures in the Bundesliga since the 2015/16 campaign. Jhon Cordoba netted 13-goals in the league for Cologne last season and has since signed for Hertha Berlin and is priced @ 66/1 to finish as the Bundesliga top scorer this season.
Serie A Top Goalscorer Predictions
In Serie A, the top goalscorer award is called the Capocannoniere and has been won by some of football's icons such as John Charles, Paolo Rossi, Michel Platini, Diego Maradona, Marco van Basten, Andriy Shevchenko, Alessandro Del Piero, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Last season Lazio's Ciro Immobile claimed the Capocannoniere with 36-goals ahead of Juventus' Cristiano Rondalo, who finished on 31-goals in his second season in Turin. Former Everton and Manchester United striker, Romelu Lukaku, came third with 23-goals. Sassuolo's Francesco Caputo was the only other player to score into the 20s, with 21-goals to his name.
All of those names feature in the current markets for Serie A's Capocannoniere, and there are a few more we have the latest prices for as well.
- Cristiano Ronaldo of Juventus @ 11/5 with Bet365
- Romelu Lukaku of Inter Milan @ 4/1 with PaddyPower & William Hill
- Ciro Immobile of Lazio @ 7/1 with Betfair & PaddyPower
- Duvan Zapata of Atalanta @ 10/1 with Bet365 & William Hill
- Lautaro Martinez of Inter Milan @ 16/1 with Bet365 & PaddyPower
- Alexis Sanchez of Inter Milan @ 18/1 with Bet365
- Arkadiusz Milik of Napoli @ 22/1 with Betfair & PaddyPower
Other outside tips include Luis Muriel of Atalanta, Roma's Edin Dzeko, and Josip Llicic of Atalanta all @ 22/1, while Juve's Paulo Dybala is at 25/1, and the above mentioned Francesco Caputo is currently priced at 33/1.
Ligue 1 Top Goalscorer Predictions
The Ligue 1 Golden Boot was shared by PSG's Kylian Mbappa and Wissam Ben Yedder, both of whom netted 18-goals for PSG and Monaco, respectively. Other famous winners of the Ligue 1 Golden Boot include Just Fontaine, five-time winner Jean-Pierre Papin, Sonny Anderson, Pauleta, Karim Benzema, Olivier Giroud, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and Edinson Cavani.
Lyon's Moussa Dembele pushed his fellow Frenchmen all the way in the scoring charts last season, netting 16-goals, while Neymar of PSG and Victor Osimhen of Lille both scored 13 Ligue 1 goals. Not all of the above players are considered the top contenders for the Ligue 1 Golden Boot this season, but here are the best prices available right now.
- Kylian Mbappe of PSG @ 5/6 with William Hill
- Neymar of PSG @ 5/1 with William Hill
- Memphis Depay of Lyon @ 8/1 with William Hill
- Florian Thauvin of Marseille @ 50/1 with William Hill
- Mbaye Niang of Rennes @ 150/1 with William Hill
Victor Osimhen has moved to Serie A side Napoli while Mauro Icardi is yet to be priced but will surely be in the running for the Ligue 1 Golden Boot this season.