* Betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.
Slovakia vs Luxembourg Best Predictions and Top Odds
The Slovaks will be looking to get their Euro 2024 campaign on track with a win against Luxembourg who could prove to be a tricky opponent at the start of the qualifiers.
Check out our Euro 2024 predictions page with plenty of suggestions and recommendations for your picks.
- 1 Slovakia vs Luxembourg Best Predictions and Top Odds
- 2 Statistics with Latest Market Odds for Slovakia vs Luxembourg prediction
- 3 Current form
- 4 Team News, Preview, and Slovakia vs Luxembourg Lineups
- 5 Player to Watch: Matus Bero
- 6 FAQs about Slovakia vs Luxembourg prediction
Slovakia to Win
First Slovakia vs Luxembourg prediction is giving the home team the nod for this tie that will be played in Trnava. The Slovaks have enough firepower to produce a good display and start their qualifying session in good spirits. These teams played five times in their history, Slovakia won four matches while Luxembourg took home a single victory in 2011 which was a friendly match. Their last encounter was played during Euro 2016 qualifiers and Slovakia won 4-2 away from home. Both teams played UEFA Nations League last year, and in their last three games, Luxembourg won once while drawing twice. Slovakia had a disappointing competition losing to Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan in the process.
Both Teams to Score – Yes
Even though their last couple of h2h encounters produced some big-scoring games, the odds of that happening for Thursday's Slovakia vs Luxembourg duel don't look high. However, that doesn't mean both teams can't score a goal. Luxembourg has found some good players in recent times and in their last five matches they had three BTTS games while Slovakia had four in their past five. The only time the Slovaks didn't have a game with both teams scoring was in their last match, a friendly against Chile which ended in a goalless draw.
Statistics with Latest Market Odds for Slovakia vs Luxembourg prediction
These are the latest stats for the match:
Slovakia's last five matches: LLDDD
Luxembourg's last five matches: DDWDD
Here is the way the bookmakers have set the odds:
Slovakia odds: 1/2 (1.50) – 66.7%
Draw odds: 10/3 (4.33) – 23.1%
Luxembourg odds: 9/2 (5.50) – 18.2%
Slovakia vs Luxembourg odds are putting the home team at in advantage, and while there are reasons to suggest that makes enough sense, the probability of their win remains somewhat curious. You can always check our latest football betting tips today if you are unsure how to invest your money. These are some other suggestions you might consider: Draw at Halftime is priced at 11/8 (2.38) – 42.1%, while going for a Goal Range of 2-3 will award you with odds of 1/1 (2.00) – 50%.
Team News, Preview, and Slovakia vs Luxembourg Lineups
The Slovaks will look to qualify for their third straight EURO finals after finishing 14th in 2016 and four places worse in the last competition that was played a couple of years ago. The top two sides from each group will move to the Finals that will be played in 2024 with Germany as the host, and Slovakia will look to be one of those teams next to probable group winner Portugal. As of now, there is no news about injuries to Slovakia's players.
Potential lineup: Dubravka, Skriniar, Hancko, De Marco, Tomic, Lobotka, Bero, Benes, Suslov, Mak, Bozenik.
Gone are the times when Luxembourg was a team full of journeymen who suffered some ugly losses across European qualifying competitions. Luxembourg most likely won't qualify for the showdown in Germany, but they won't be an easy opponent either. The national team has most of its players performing across European leagues, and that fact is showing in their recent results. The team is in full health in advance of the showdown on Thursday.
Potential lineup: Moris, Chanot, Carlson, Pinto, Jans, Pereira, Bareiro, S. Thill, Sinani, Rodrigues, Sanches.
Player to Watch: Matus Bero
One of Slovakia's best players Matus Bero has been playing a key role this season for Dutch Eredivisie side Vitesse scoring four goals and assisting on three occasions from his position in the central midfield. He played 25 times for Slovakia scoring a single goal.
FAQs about Slovakia vs Luxembourg prediction
- When is the match scheduled? -Thursday, March 23rd at 19:45 BST (20:45 CET)
- Where is the match venue? – City Arena Trnava, Slovakia
- Who will referee the match? – Rade Obrenovic from Slovenia will officiate the match
- Where can you watch the game? – British viewers can tune into Viaplay to watch the match
- Who is the favorite according to the bookmakers? – The bookies favor Slovakia as the winner
- What are the current FIFA rankings for Slovakia and Luxembourg? Slovakia is currently position 54 in the FIFA rankings after climbing one spot while Luxembourg is in the 92nd spot, which they have retained based on the latest FIFA ranking data.
- Who is the hosting coach and how has he performed so far? Italian tactician, Francesco Calzona is the head coach for the Slovakian national soccer team. The Italian will be in charge of his 5th game. So far, he averages 0.75 points after 3 draws and 1 loss since he was hired for the role in July last year.
- How is the current head coach for Luxemborg's national soccer team? Loc Holtz is the Luxemborg head coach as they prepare for this clash with Slovakia. Holtz averages 0.85 points in 119 matches of 26 wins, 23 draws and 70 defeats. He previously coached Luxemborg's U21 team.