Port Vale vs Reading Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 12/08/2023

Port Vale
12/08/23 - 15:00

Finished

1

-

0

Reading

Port Vale - Reading

England League 1 - Vale Park

2nd Round

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Port Vale vs Reading Predictions, Tips, and More

After a slow start to the season, both Port Vale and Reading will be raring to go on Saturday. The game is scheduled to be held at Vale Park, but does the home-field advantage give the Valiants the edge? Find out in the Port Vale vs Reading betting tips below!

The rest of our key football betting tips this week are found on our designated page.

Over 4.5 Bookings

  • Simon Mather showed 10 yellow cards in the Reading vs Peterborough clash last week.
  • The last game between Port Vale and Reading was held 20 years ago, but it was still a bloodbath that had seven yellow cards.
  • There have been eight yellow cards in Port Vale’s opening match against Barnsley last week.

0-1 to Reading

  • Reading won four consecutive games against Port Vale.
  • The Valiants’ last win over Reading was recorded on the 7th of March, 1998.
  • Port Vale got thrashed 7-0 in their opening 2023/24 League One game.

Essential Port Vale vs Reading Head-to-Head Statistics and Betting Info

The charts below contain key insight into the Port Vale vs Reading odds ahead of Saturday’s game. Give them a thorough read before placing your bet.

Last Five - Port Vale

10/07/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Leek Town

Leek Town

Port Vale

Port Vale

1

0

L

10/07/24

UK Friendlies UK

Leek Town

Leek Town

Port Vale

Port Vale

1

0

L

06/07/24

UK Friendlies UK

Kidsgrove Ath

Kidsgrove Ath

Port Vale

Port Vale

0

1

W

05/07/24

UK Friendlies UK

Newcastle Town

Newcastle Town

Port Vale

Port Vale

1

3

W

27/04/24

England League 1 League 1

Cambridge Utd

Cambridge Utd

Port Vale

Port Vale

0

0

D

Last Five - Reading

06/07/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Watford

Watford

Reading

Reading

0

2

W

27/04/24

England League 1 League 1

Blackpool

Blackpool

Reading

Reading

2

3

W

20/04/24

England League 1 League 1

Burton Albion

Burton Albion

Reading

Reading

3

2

L

13/04/24

England League 1 League 1

Barnsley

Barnsley

Reading

Reading

2

2

D

09/04/24

England League 1 League 1

Bristol Rovers

Bristol Rovers

Reading

Reading

0

2

W

Port Vale odds: 7/5 (2.40) – 40.0%

Draw odds: 23/10 (3.30) – 28.4%

Reading odds: 37/20 (2.85) – 31.6%

As you can see from the odds in our Port Vale vs Reading prediction, we have Port Vale down as the expected winners, with a 40.0% win probability at 7/5 (2.40). Meanwhile, Reading have a 31.6% shot at the three points while a draw priced at 23/10 (3.30) has a 28.4% likelihood. If you are looking for something safer, we offer the Over 4.5 Bookings with a probability set at 40.48%.

Port Vale vs Reading Lineups & Team News

Port Vale

The Valiants became the laughingstock of League One after getting obliterated 7-0 at the start of the campaign. Nothing worked for coach Andy Crosby and his troops at Oakwell Stadium, as Barnsley scored seven goals from eight attempts on target. This definitely gives our Port Vale vs Reading predictions a fighting chance.

Predicted lineup – Ripley (GK), Jones, Smith, Cass, Ojo, Garitty, Grant, Clark, Sang, Harrison & Massey

Reading

Similar to Port Vale, Reading lost their first game as well. However, the game against Peterborough could’ve ended differently had coach Ruben Selles’ players been a tad more precise with their shooting. After all, they made 16 shots at target, only five of which troubled the goalkeeper.

Predicted lineup – Bouzanis (GK), Yiadom, Holmes, McIntyre, Guinness-Walker, Areez, Hutchinson, Savage, Knibbs, Ehibhatiomhan & Carroll

Player to Watch: Dean Bouzanis

True, Reading lost the game against Peterborough, but you can easily make the argument that goalkeeper-in-chief was the key player on the pitch at Madejski Stadium. The 32-year-old veteran made five crucial saves for Reading. Nullifying the top League One goalscorer last season is definitely an achievement to take pride in, and we are sure that Dean Bouzanis would like to continue with the fine display, proving our Port Vale vs Reading predictions right.

Starting Lineups

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Port Vale vs Reading Prediction


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.