Empoli vs Lecce prediction, odds & betting tips 11/12/2023

Empoli
11/12/23 - 17:30

Finished

1

-

1

Lecce

Empoli - Lecce

Italy Serie A - Carlo Castellani

Empoli welcome Lecce to the Stadio Carlo Castellani – Computer Gross Arena to contest a Serie A fixture on Monday, December 11th. Can struggling Empoli aid their survival bid with a victory over Lecce this week? Read our Serie A predictions and betting tips along with the latest odds for the fixture below in our detailed match preview.

Empoli vs Lecce – Betting tips & odds

Hot Tip – Lecce Double Chance (1/2)

  • Lecce avoided defeat in each of their last three Serie A fixtures.
  • Empoli have failed to win seven of their last eight league assignments on home soil.

Empoli have the worst home record in Serie A and their nasty habit of dropping the ball at the Stadio Carlo Castellani – Computer Gross Arena could hamper their chances against Lecce. The visitors have avoided defeat in six of their last eight away league games.

Latest odds

Head to Head

03/04/23

Italy Serie A Serie A

Empoli

Empoli

Lecce

Lecce

1

0

28/08/22

Italy Serie A Serie A

Lecce

Lecce

Empoli

Empoli

1

1

10/05/21

Italy Serie B Italy

Empoli

Empoli

Lecce

Lecce

2

1

24/01/21

Italy Serie B Italy

Lecce

Lecce

Empoli

Empoli

2

2

Last Five - Empoli

24/02/24

Italy Serie A Serie A

Sassuolo

Sassuolo

Empoli

Empoli

2

3

W

18/02/24

Italy Serie A Serie A

Fiorentina

Fiorentina

Empoli

Empoli

1

1

D

09/02/24

Italy Serie A Serie A

Salernitana

Salernitana

Empoli

Empoli

1

3

W

03/02/24

Italy Serie A Serie A

Genoa

Genoa

Empoli

Empoli

0

0

D

27/01/24

Italy Serie A Serie A

Juventus

Juventus

Empoli

Empoli

1

1

D

Last Five - Lecce

25/02/24

Italy Serie A Serie A

Inter Milan

Inter Milan

Lecce

Lecce

4

0

L

16/02/24

Italy Serie A Serie A

Torino

Torino

Lecce

Lecce

2

0

L

11/02/24

Italy Serie A Serie A

Bologna

Bologna

Lecce

Lecce

4

0

L

02/02/24

Italy Serie A Serie A

Fiorentina

Fiorentina

Lecce

Lecce

2

3

W

28/01/24

Italy Serie A Serie A

Genoa

Genoa

Lecce

Lecce

2

1

L

Win probability

  • HOME: 6/4 (2.50) – 40%
  • DRAW: 21/10 (3.10) – 32.3%
  • AWAY: 19/10 (2.90) – 34.5%

Empoli have been given the edge in the markets this week and the expected winners have been handed a 40% implied probability of success. With a tight game possibly in the works, a bet on under 2.5 goals might be worth considering out at 4/6 (1.67), an outcome that has an implied probability of 60%. View more of our Empoli vs Lecce betting tips below.

Empoli vs Lecce prediction – Other tips

Empoli 0-1 Lecce: Correct score (7/1)

  • Lecce scored exactly once in three of their last five away games in Serie A.
  • Empoli failed to score in six of their last eight matches on their own patch.

First Half Result – Draw (10/11)

  • Seven of Lecce’s first 14 Serie A fixtures this season have been level at half time.
  • Four of Empoli’s seven home tussles this term have been all square at the break.

Empoli vs Lecce prediction

Empoli vs Lecce Team News

Empoli

Tomasso Baldanzi and Giuseppe Pezzella are out of action for Empoli. The relegation candidates drew 1-1 at Genoa in their last league assignment and moved out of the bottom three on goal difference shortly after.

Predicted Lineup for Empoli: Berisha – Bereszynski, Ismajli, Luperto, Cacace – Fazzini, Ranocchia, Maleh – Cambiaghi, Maldini, Caputo

Lecce

Jeppe Corfitzen is out of action with a shoulder problem while Mohamed Kaba is a slight doubt and could also miss out. Lecce picked up a point at home to Bologna last time out thanks to an equalizer in the 100th minute.

Predicted Lineup for Lecce: Falcone – Gendrey, Pongracic, Baschirotto, Dorgu – Gonzalez, Ramadani, Strefezza, Oudin, Banda – Krstovic

Confirmed lineups will appear here around 60 minutes before kickoff.

Empoli

Empoli
4-3-3
99
Etrit Berisha
al
19
Bartosz Bereszynski
pl
34
Ardian Ismajli
al
33
Sebastiano Luperto
it
30
Simone Bastoni
it
8
Viktor Kovalenko
ua
5
Alberto Grassi
it
29
Youssef Maleh
ma
28
Nicolo Cambiaghi
it
9
Francesco Caputo
it
20
Matteo Cancellieri
it
Substitutes
27
Daniel Maldini
it
22
Filippo Ranocchia
it
21
Jacopo Fazzini
it
4
Sebastian Walukiewicz
pl
7
Steven Shpendi
al
13
Liberato Cacace
nz
25
Elia Caprile
it
1
Samuele Perisan
it
18
Razvan Marin
ro
23
Mattia Destro
it
11
Emmanuel Gyasi
gh
24
Tyronne Ebuehi
ng

Lecce

Lecce
4-3-3
30
Wladimiro Falcone
it
17
Valentin Gendrey
fr
5
Marin Pongracic
hr
6
Federico Baschirotto
it
13
Patrick Dorgu
dk
10
Remi Oudin
fr
20
Ylber Ramadani
al
16
Joan Gonzalez
es
11
Nicola Sansone
it
91
Roberto Piccoli
it
22
Lameck Banda
zm
Substitutes
26
Zinedin Smajlovic
se
55
Kastriot Dermaku
al
40
Jasper Samooja
fi
18
Medon Berisha
al
23
Giacomo Faticanti
it
29
Alexis Blin
fr
9
Nikola Krstovic
me
19
Marcin Listkowski
pl
8
Hamza Rafia
tn
59
Ahmed Touba
dz
27
Gabriel Strefezza
br
21
Federico Brancolini
it
12
Lorenzo Venuti
it
25
Antonino Gallo
it
77
Mohamed Kaba
fr

Make sure to view our football betting tips page for more free predictions and picks.

Player to Watch – Wladimiro Falcone

Wladimiro Falcone has been a solid performer in goal for Lecce this season and the stopper could have a big part to play again when he featured against Empoli. The 28-year-old has been an ever-present in Serie A this season and he is in line to start for the 15th game in a row on Monday.


Avatar of Simon Winter
Simon Winter

Simon Winter is a professional football tipster and sports journalist with over ten years in the industry. Best known for his time with Racing Post, Simon has also had work published by Freesupertips, Bloomberg Sports, bet365, Paddy Power, Colossus Bets, These Football Times and more. Simon covers the Bundesliga and Serie A for Football Whispers.