We are going to witness the first match for Uruguay in this year’s Copa America while it will be the second clash for Argentina. Does this mean that one side has an edge over the other? We will take a look at the betting opportunities that this game presents us with and will show you where we see some value.
Argentina vs Uruguay: The top free betting tips for the match
Below you will see the top three predictions that our crew has put together. They also come with write-ups and rationale.
- Football Whispers Prediction One: Match Betting – Draw @ 11/5
- Football Whispers Prediction Two: First Team to score – Argentina @ 8/11
- Football Whispers Prediction Three: First Goalscorer – Lionel Messi @ 23/10
Odds are true at the time of publishing. Make sure they haven’t changed before placing a wager. Our recommended bookmaker for this match is Netbet.
- 1 Argentina vs Uruguay: The top free betting tips for the match
- 2 Some extra stats and detailed numbers
- 3 Argentina vs Uruguay: A quick form check of the two teams.
- 4 Argentina vs Uruguay: the most common questions for the clash
Match Betting – Draw
Both teams have only drawn in 2021 so far. Argentina has played 3 matches and Uruguay has been part of 2 clashes this year and all 5 games finished without a winner. This Argentina squad lacks explosiveness and star power, and we also see Uruguay being aggressive enough to score a goal but not win in their first match of the tournament.
First Team to Score – Argentina
Regardless of the outcome, Argentina is a relatively safe bet to go with when it comes to predicting who will score the first goal of the match. La Albiceleste have managed to put the ball in the net before the other team in 4 of their last 5 matches. If you want some extra something here, you can also go with Argentina to score first in the first half. This will land you an even better price but at a higher risk.
First Goalscorer – Lionel Messi
Messi has been the first goalscorer for Argentina in 3 of their last 7 games. What’s more curious is that this has been the case in 2 of their last 3 matches. Tie it to the fact that it’s typically Argentina that scores the first goal and you get a very decent value bet.
Some extra stats and detailed numbers
If you look at the table below, you will find some H2H stats as well as some compared odds for the match.
Argentina vs Uruguay: A quick form check of the two teams.
While the 1-1 draw versus Chile in Round 1 doesn’t come as a surprise, it is a little bit underwhelming if you are an Argentina fan. The last time the team lost was in July 2019 when they faced Brazil. The fans are hoping to get their first victory since November 2020 and so do the players. There is a sense of urgency in the Argentina squad, and this rarely bodes very well.
Uruguay has scored a grand total of 0 goals over their last 3 matches. They will definitely try to push hard for a score and a key player to watch would be Luis Suarez. Along with him Edinson Cavani will try to convince us that he still belongs on the national team.
Argentina vs Uruguay: the most common questions for the clash
- Where can I bet the match? – we recommend betting at Netbet.
- Will there be goals in the game? – We expect that at least Argentina will score but nothing says that Uruguay can’t do the same as well.
- Who is favoured in the match? – Argentina is a slight favourite at 21/20 while Uruguay sits at 29/10.