Austin vs Philadelphia Union prediction, odds & betting tips – 03/17/2024

Austin FC
17/03/24 - 00:30

Finished

2

-

2

Philadelphia Union

Austin FC - Philadelphia Union

USA MLS - Q2 Stadium

Austin vs Philadelphia Union Prediction
Photo by Icon Sport

The historic first clash between Austin and Philadelphia Union is going to be played on the 17th of March at Q2 Stadium. We anticipate a packed stadium and world-class soccer from the 22 on the pitch. How will the points be distributed? The answer is located in our Austin vs Philadelphia Union betting tips below.

Check out the rest of our essential MLS predictions on our website.

Austin vs Philadelphia Union prediction: Rivals to share the spoils

Austin vs Philadlephia Union predictions
Our pick

🔥Hot tip

Draw

⚽ Correct score prediction

1-1 Draw

💥 Both teams to score

 

BTTS

Key Stats

  • The visitors were otherwise occupied this week, facing Pachuca in the CONCACAF Champions Cup, which surely benefits our Austin vs Philadelphia Union predictions.
  • Four consecutive Philadelphia Union games resulted in ties.
  • In four of Philly’s last five games in all competitions, we saw goals galore.

Pre-game odds and win probability: Narrow advantage for Wolff

  • HOME: +157 – 38.7%
  • DRAW: +245 – 27.0%
  • AWAY: +180 – 34.3%

*These Austin vs Philadelphia Union odds are subject to change

According to the above-mentioned odds, Austin are the expected winners, as they have slightly higher odds of winning. The win probability for Austin is set at 38.7%, while Philadelphia Union’s odds at +180 give them a sturdy 34.3% chance of securing the three points. Perhaps a victory at +245 (27.0%) is the logical result here.

One thing is certain – we will see goals galore. BTTS is priced at -150, giving our favorite Austin vs Philadelphia Union prediction a 59.87% chance of success.

Last five H2Hs: First game ever

Friendlies 23/01/24

Austin FC

Austin FC

1
Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

1

America Friendlies 21/01/23

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

3
Austin FC

Austin FC

2

The match between Austin and Philadelphia on the 17th of March will be their first, that’s why you don’t see much going on in this chapter of our article.

Austin team news and form: Coach Wolff needs a win

After three league games played, Austin still have no victories. Coach Josh Wolff will demand the three points against Philadelphia Union this week, but as you saw in our Austin vs Philadelphia Union prediction, we believe Austin will have trouble achieving that.

Predicted lineup: Stuver (GK), Cascante, Galagher, Hedges, Kolmanic, Ring, Valencia, Finlay, Rubio, Zardes & Obrian

USA MLS 07/07/24

W

New York City FC

New York City FC

1

Austin FC

Austin FC

2

USA MLS 30/06/24

L

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

2

Austin FC

Austin FC

0

USA MLS 23/06/24

W

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

0

Austin FC

Austin FC

1

USA MLS 20/06/24

D

Los Angeles FC

Los Angeles FC

1

Austin FC

Austin FC

1

USA MLS 16/06/24

L

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

2

Austin FC

Austin FC

0

Philadelphia Union team news and form: Two-front war for Philly

Coach Jim Curtin’s players have to juggle between Major League Soccer and the CONCACAF Champions Cup. The games against Liga MX’s Pachuca have certainly drained some of the energy away from Philly’s player, which is a plus in favor of our Austin vs Philadelphia Union predictions.

Predicted lineup: Blake (GK), Mbaizo, Glesnes, Harriel, Wagner, Bedoya, Martinez, McGlynn, Sullivan, Gazdag & Uhre

USA MLS 06/07/24

D

New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

0

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

0

USA MLS 04/07/24

L

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

4

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

3

USA MLS 29/06/24

L

CF Montreal

CF Montreal

4

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

2

USA MLS 22/06/24

L

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

2

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

0

USA MLS 19/06/24

L

FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati

4

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

3

Player to watch: Daniel Gazdag

Daniel Gazdag is among the most lethal finishers in Major League Soccer, so it’s understandable why we have him down as the player to watch in our article. After all, Daniel even managed to open his score tab for the 2024 campaign.

Austin vs Philadelphia Union Player
Photo by Icon Sport

Daniel Gazdag scoring for fun in Major League Soccer

In 2023, he bagged a total of 15 goals whilst providing teammates with seven valuable assists. Prior to that, he scored a sensational 24 goals in 37 league appearances in the 2022 MLS campaign.


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.