Orlando City vs Tigres UANL Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 16/03/2023

Orlando City SC
16/03/23 - 00:15

Finished

1

-

1

Tigres UANL

Orlando City SC - Tigres UANL

CONCACAF Champions Cup - Exploria Stadium

4th Round

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Essential Orlando City vs Tigres UANL Predictions & Betting Tips

Orlando City take on Tigres UANL on the 16th of March in a can’t-miss CONCACAF Champions League game at Exploria Stadium. Make sure to check out what our experts think about the upcoming game in these professional Orlando City vs Tigres UANL betting tips.

Under 1.5 Goals

Anything other than one goal in this game will contradict our key Orlando City vs Tigres UANL predictions but considering how the two teams performed at Estadio Universitario, we rest easy knowing that our picks are a slam dunk.

Sure, the Mexican club had 22 shots in that game but coach Marco Antonio Ruiz’s boys didn’t score a single goal. The only positive for Tigres UANL is that they recorded a clean sheet, as we predicted before the kick-off.

Furthermore, Tigres UANL have singlehandedly the most impressive defensive line in Liga MX. Orlando City will have to work extra hard to penetrate the Mexican wall.

Place the bet >>

Draw

Our second Orlando City vs Tigres UANL prediction suggests the two teams will go into extra time. A draw after 90 minutes of soccer is to be expected after that lackluster goalless tie at Estadio Universitario a couple of days ago.

Orlando City will definitely opt to be a bit more aggressive up front as they barely had three shots in target in the first leg. However, as we previously mentioned, Tigres UANL’s defense has been top-notch this season.

Meanwhile, three of Orlando City’s four official 2023 games ended with draws. The only one that didn’t was the thrifty 1-0 win over old rivals New York Red Bulls on the 26th of February.

Place the bet >>

Orlando City v Tigres UANL Odds & H2H Statistics

Our Orlando City vs Tigres UANL betting tips told you what outcome you can expect, now it’s time to see the odds behind our prognosis.

Head to Head

08/03/23

CONCACAF Champions League CCL

Tigres UANL

Tigres UANL

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

0

0

Last Five - Orlando City SC

19/05/24

USA MLS USA

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

0

1

W

15/05/24

USA MLS USA

Inter Miami CF

Inter Miami CF

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

0

0

D

11/05/24

USA MLS USA

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

2

3

W

04/05/24

USA MLS USA

FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

1

0

L

27/04/24

USA MLS USA

Toronto FC

Toronto FC

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

2

1

L

Last Five - Tigres UANL

13/05/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Monterrey

Monterrey

Tigres UANL

Tigres UANL

1

1

D

10/05/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Monterrey

Monterrey

Tigres UANL

Tigres UANL

2

1

L

28/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Tijuana

Tijuana

Tigres UANL

Tigres UANL

1

4

W

21/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Necaxa

Necaxa

Tigres UANL

Tigres UANL

2

5

W

14/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Monterrey

Monterrey

Tigres UANL

Tigres UANL

3

3

D

Orlando City odds: -105- 49.0%

Draw odds: +230 – 29.0%

Tigres UANL odds: +320 – 22.0%

Orlando City are the favorites at -105 (49.0%) while Tigres UANL’s odds at +320 make them underdogs with a 22.0% likelihood of winning. As we stated in our Orlando City vs Tigres UANL predictions, a draw at +230 (29.0%) is our top pick as the first game between the two teams ended with a goalless tie.

Orlando City vs Tigres UANL Lineups & Team News

Orlando City

A passionate manager like Oscar Pareja is undoubtedly displeased by his boys’ attitude since the start of the season. Three draws and one draw with only two goals scored is a somewhat acceptable result but Orlando City’s attacking performance has been dreadful and it’s only thanks to the sturdy defensive line that the Lions are still in contention with Tigres UANL.

Predicted lineup – Gallese (GK), Petrasso, Jansson, Schlegel, Halliday, Pereyra, Ojeda, Araujo, Angulo, Torres & Enrique

Tigres UANL

Tigres UANL’s display this season has been a rather impressive one. With six victories, three draws, and two losses since the start of the Clausura, coach Marco Antonio Ruiz’s boys are currently in 3rd place in Liga MX. That being said, we’re confident that our Orlando City vs Tigres UANL predictions are safe as the two teams seem evenly matched.

Predicted lineup – Guzman (GK), Aquino, Lichnovsky, Samir, Angulo, Gorriaran, Rafael Carioca, Vigon, Quinones, Ibanez & Gignac

Starting Lineups

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC
4-5-1
1
Pedro Gallese
pe
26
Michael Halliday
us
15
Rodrigo Schlegel
ar
6
Robin Jansson
se
20
Luca Petrasso
ca
10
Mauricio Pereyra
uy
5
Cesar Araujo
uy
17
Facundo Torres
uy
11
Martin Ojeda
ar
77
Ivan Angulo
co
7
Ramiro Enrique
ar
Substitutes
22
Gaston Gonzalez
ar
3
Rafael Santos
br
28
Abdi Salim
us
14
Shak Mohammed
gh
24
Kyle Smith
us
23
Dagur Dan Thorhallsson
is
13
Duncan McGuire
us
31
Mason Stajduhar
us
16
Wilder Cartagena
pe
25
Antonio Carlos
br
8
Felipe Martins
br

Tigres UANL

Tigres UANL
4-5-1
1
Nahuel Guzman
ar
20
Javier Aquino
mx
3
Samir
br
27
Jesus Angulo
mx
8
Fernando Gorriaran
uy
5
Rafael Carioca
br
17
Francisco Cordova
mx
23
Luis Quinones
co
19
Guido Pizarro
ar
9
Nicolas Ibanez
ar
Substitutes
46
Leonel Prieto
mx
43
Sebastian Fierro
mx
35
Arturo Delgado
mx
13
Diego Reyes
mx
22
Raymundo Fulgencio
mx
32
Vladimir Lorona
mx
15
Eduardo Tercero
mx
6
Juan Vigon
mx
16
Diego Lainez
mx
30
Miguel Ortega
mx
14
Jesus Garza
mx

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to Watch: Andre-Pierre Gignac

Andre-Pierre Gignac appeared in both of Tigres UANL’s last two games. In fact, he wasn’t even subbed out as it was expected. After all, he did have a nasty injury in early February that took him out for two weeks. That’s exactly how important he is to his team. He’s the top scorer for Tigres UANL this season and we should keep an eye on his attacking movement on Thursday.

Frequently Asked Questions About Our Orlando City vs Tigres UANL Predictions:

Orlando CIty vs Tigres UANL Prediction

  • Will David Ayala play on Thursday? – Sadly, no. Tigres UANL’s key midfielder is out with a cruciate ligament rupture.
  • Whom do the bookies favor? – They give the edge to the Lions.
  • Where will the game be played? – The Orlando City vs Tigres UANL clash will be held at Exploria Stadium.

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.