Monterrey vs Guadalajara Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 08/01/2023

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Essential Monterrey vs Guadalajara predictions and odds for Liga MX

Liga MX commences with a thrilling Clausura battle between two of the most prolific Mexican teams – Monterrey and Guadalajara. Who’ll grab the three points at Estadio BBVA? Let’s find out together.

First half – Monterrey

The bookies agree with us that Monterrey are heavy favorites to grab much-needed three points on the 8th of January and the odds for a comfy victory in the first half are even sweeter. Nevertheless, coach Victor Vucetich’s boys should be careful as they don’t have the head-to-head advantage here.

The last 10 games between the two clubs finished with four Guadalajara victories, three draws, and only three Monterrey wins. It’s promising that the last impressive victory was Monterrey’s victory on the 14th of April when they trashed Guadalajara 1:3.

Place the bet >>

Both teams to score – Yes

Everyone knows that seven of the last 10 events ended with both teams scoring. Monterrey and Guadalajara are two equal teams and neither one of them will accept an underdog role in this fight. We’re certain that the two managers would want to show off their strategic skills as well and this is a tremendous stepping stone for a BTTS prediction in this game.

Place the bet >>

Top Monterrey vs Guadalajara betting odds, H2H, and markets

In the next few lines, you’ll find information regarding Monterrey vs Guadalajara’s betting odds and information about the last few games:

Monterrey odds: -121 – 55.0%%

Draw odds: +260 – 25.0%

Guadalajara odds: +350 – 20.0 %

You see it in the -121 Monterrey odds for victory. The bookies give a 55.0% chance for the home team to win this event compared to Guadalajara’s +350 which amounts to around a 20.0% chance of victory. The draw is the 2nd-most likely outcome at 25.0%. At 54.5% and -121, it’s more likely for us to see both teams scoring on the 8th of January than one of them securing a clean sheet.

Predicted lineups, team news, and last result


Rayados certainly defended their name in the Apertura race this year as they finished 2nd in the regular part of the season trailing by three points to Club America. Yes, that 2:5 beating they took by Pachuca was a nightmare experience but we’re certain that coach Victor Vucetich’s boys have a champion’s mentality and we’re convinced that they’ll show their true colors in the Clausura this season.

Predicted lineup – Andrada (GK), Medina, Montes, Vegas, Gallardo, Meza, Kranevitter, Gonzalez, Ortiz, Berterame & Aguirre


Guadalajara didn’t get far in Apertura’s title race as they couldn’t qualify for the final series. After 17 games played, Guadalajara had five victories, seven draws, and five losses – a mediocre display by a mediocre team. We weren’t too surprised to see coach Veljko Paunovic’s players get beaten by Puebla for a place in the final series.

Predicted lineup – Jimenez (GK), Sanchez, Olivas, Sepulveda, Beltran, Flores, Calderon, Orozco, Brizuela, Alvarado & Vega

Starting lineups

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to watch: Alexis Vega

The Mexico men’s international team was certainly better with Alexis Vega in it. The 25-year-old Guadalajara winger is undoubtedly coach Veljko Paunovic’s biggest star.

There were rumors about a possible bid from Chelsea in the English Premier League but for now, there hasn’t been made any transfer progress.

And how could the best teams in the World not fight over Alexis Vega? The player has been dragging his team through the mud for a while now and we can only imagine how Guadalajara would look without him in their starting XI.

Liga MX standings

In the next graphic, you will see the very interesting Clausura ranking:

Frequently asked questions about the Monterrey vs Guadalajara clash:

Monterrey vs Guadalajara Prediction

  • Where will this game be played? – The Monterrey vs Guadalajara clash will be played at one of the most beautiful venues in the World – Estadio BBVA.
  • Whom do the bookies favor? – They predict a somewhat effortless victory for Monterrey.
  • Are there any injured players on Monterrey’s roster? – Yes, Joao Rojas won’t make it for the game against Guadalajara.
  • Which Guadalajara players won’t partake in the game versus Monterrey on the 7th of January? – Jose Juan Macias is the only injured player as his cruciate ligament rupture continues to plague him.