Atlas vs Olimpia Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 15/03/2023

Atlas
15/03/23 - 02:15

Finished

4

-

0

CD Olimpia

Atlas - CD Olimpia

CONCACAF Champions Cup - Estadio Jalisco

4th Round

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Exclusive Atlas vs Olimpia Predictions & Picks

The match on the 15th of March between Atlas and Olimpia will answer plenty of questions regarding coach Benjamin Mora’s future in the club. Stay tuned to find out more about it in these Atlas vs Olimpia picks.

BTTS

Atlas’ last game was a bit of a letdown as it ended with a lackluster 0-1 loss versus Club Leon at Estadio Jalisco. Still, coach Benjamin Mora’s boys were nail-bitingly close to a goal as they had 21 shots at target. It’s actually a miracle that Leon nullified Atlas’ attack on the 12th of March but we highly doubt Olimpia have the required arsenal to achieve that in this CONCACAF Champions League match.

Sure, the first leg ended with a massive 4-1 home win at Estadio Olimpico Metropolitano, and while we think Olimpia will score again, Atlas will outscore them as they are quite intimidating at Estadio Jalisco in recent years.

Place the bet >>

Draw

The 4-1 win on the 9th of March was as far from our current Atlas vs Olimpia prediction as it could’ve possibly been. Nevertheless, we’re convinced that the foundation stones for a draw at Estadio Jalisco are all there. Yes, according to the bookies Atlas are favorites to win this game but they are trailing by three goals. Coach Benjamin Mora’s boys will have to go all-out and providing Olimpia with spaces to exploit is definitely not going to help Atlas win the game.

Furthermore, Atlas are one of the teams with the highest number of draws in Liga MX. With six draws since the start of the Clausura, Atlas find it hard to win their games and the CONCACAF Champions League match against Atlas will be a struggle as well.

Place the bet >>

Exclusive Atlas vs Olimpia Betting Odds & H2H Statistics

Now that you’re done with our Atlas vs Olimpia predictions, make sure to quickly go through the odds section as it will be your best friend when making a CONCACAF Champions League bet.

Head to Head

09/03/23

CONCACAF Champions League CCL

CD Olimpia

CD Olimpia

Atlas

Atlas

4

1

Last Five - Atlas

28/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Chivas Guadalajara

Chivas Guadalajara

Atlas

Atlas

1

0

L

22/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Cruz Azul

Cruz Azul

Atlas

Atlas

2

2

D

15/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Atletico San Luis

Atletico San Luis

Atlas

Atlas

1

2

W

07/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Toluca

Toluca

Atlas

Atlas

4

1

L

31/03/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Queretaro

Queretaro

Atlas

Atlas

3

2

L

Last Five - CD Olimpia

02/04/23

Honduras Liga Nacional Honduras

Motagua

Motagua

CD Olimpia

CD Olimpia

1

3

W

15/03/23

CONCACAF Champions Cup CCL

Atlas

Atlas

CD Olimpia

CD Olimpia

4

0

L

12/03/23

Honduras Liga Nacional Honduras

CD Marathon

CD Marathon

CD Olimpia

CD Olimpia

2

0

L

09/03/23

CONCACAF Champions Cup CCL

Atlas

Atlas

CD Olimpia

CD Olimpia

1

4

W

05/03/23

Honduras Liga Nacional Honduras

Honduras Progreso

Honduras Progreso

CD Olimpia

CD Olimpia

0

0

D

Atlas odds: -109 – 54.0%

Draw odds: +230 – 25.0%

Olimpia odds: +340 – 21.0%

As you can see from the Atlas vs Olimpia odds below, coach Benjamin Mora’s boys are clear favorites to win at -109 (54.0%). While Olimpia’s odds are alluring at +340 (21.0%), a draw is most likely at +230 (25.0%), according to our Atlas vs Olimpia predictions.

Atlas vs Olimpia Lineups and Team News

Atlas

Atlas haven’t won a game since the 13th of January when coach Benjamin Mora’s side pipped the underdogs Mazatlan 2-1 at Estadio Jalisco. With an unbeaten run consisting of 11 games, Atlas’ fans are desperate for a little joy as their team will hardly even partake in the Liga MX final series.

Predicted lineup – Vargas (GK), Nervo, Gomez, Santamaria, Abella, Flores, Marquez, Rocha, Lozano, Furch & Herrera

Olimpia

While everyone pegged the Mexicans to be the favorites on the 9th of March, it was coach Pedro Troglio’s boys were the ones to take a massive home victory. They were hammering away at Estadio Olimpico Metropolitano and could’ve easily scored more.

Predicted lineup – Menjivar (GK), Nunez, Garcia, Beckles, Sanchez, Lopez, Alvarez, Pineda, Pinto, Benguche & Bengston

Starting Lineups

Atlas

Atlas
5-3-2
2
Hugo Nervo
ar
5
Anderson Santamaria
pe
13
Gaddi Aguirre
mx
14
Luis Reyes
mx
15
Diego Zaragoza
mx
26
Aldo Rocha
mx
33
Julian Quinones
co
7
Jonathan Herrera
mx
Substitutes
20
Jesus Ocejo
mx
8
Anibal Chala
ec
57
Brayan Trejo
mx
6
Edgar Zaldivar
mx
4
Jose Abella
mx
41
Jorge Guzman
mx
18
Angel Marquez
mx
17
Jaziel Martinez
mx
23
Jesus Gomez
mx

CD Olimpia

CD Olimpia
3-5-2
1
Edrick Eduardo Menjivar Johnson
hn
2
Maylor Alberto Nunez Flores
hn
6
Brayan Antonio Beckeles
hn
21
Jose Mario Pinto Paz
hn
23
Jorge Alvarez
hn
31
Carlos Alfredo Sanchez
hn
32
Carlos Pineda
hn
9
Jorge Benguche
hn
27
Jerry Bengtson
hn
Substitutes
5
Juan Pablo Montes Montes
hn
20
Jamir Jamir Maldonado Manzanares
hn
36
Alex Guity
hn
10
Yan Maciel Dos Santos
br
15
Jack Jean Baptiste
hn
29
German Noe Mejia Briceno
hn
8
Edwin Rodriguez
hn
30
Edwin Solany Solano Martinez
hn
17
Jonathan Josue Paz Hernandez
hn

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to Watch: Jorge Benguche

What a cracking player Jorge Benguche is! Defying all odds to score a brace versus Olimpia on the 9th of March was definitely not what the experts expected yet here we are. We anticipate another strong performance by the 26-year-old finisher and as long as he’s on the pitch, we feel comfortable with our Atlas vs Olimpia predictions.

FAQs About Our Atlas vs Olimpia Picks:

Atlas vs Olimpia Prediction

  • Where will the game be played? – The Atlas vs Olimpia match will be held at Estadio Jalisco on the 15th of March.
  • Are there any injured players for coach Benjamin Mora to take care of? – Luckily for the 43-year-old manager, there aren’t any injured Atlas players.
  • Who is Olimpia’s top scorer this season? – Jorge Benguche. He scored five goals in the Liga Nacional alone.
  • Whom do the bookies favor? – BetMGM and FanDuel predict an effortless win for Atlas on the 15th of March.

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.