Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney prediction and tips

The 2014 AFC Champions League winners are going up against Newcastle Jets in the A-League on the 22nd of January. Let’s see if they have what it takes to cause an upset.

Under 2.5 goals

Sure, four of the last 10 games between Newcastle Jets and Western Sydney ended with Under 2.5 goals but we peg this match on Sunday to be a rather dull affair. Considering how poor Western Sydney’s attack was this season, we can’t help but give a Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney prediction for under 2.5 goals.

After all, the lackluster Western Sydney attack managed to score only 13 goals but it’s the defense that is getting the job done with only nine goals conceded!

Place the bet >>

Western Sydney to win

Currently, in 3rd place, Western Sydney are big favorites to win this game against the struggling Newcastle Jets who are in 10th place at the moment with only a few points above the bottom of the table.

After a solid performance in the head-to-head department which resulted in three victories for Western Sydney, three draws, and only one Newcastle Jets success in the last seven games, it’s completely logical for everyone to expect the visitors to get an effortless win on the 22nd.

Place the bet >>

Top Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney betting odds, markets, and bookmakers

The best advice we can give you for Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney is to don’t rush your bet-making process. Get the most info before you proceed!

Head to Head

28/10/22

Australia A-League Australia

Western Sydney Wanderers

Newcastle Jets

2

0

20/04/22

Australia A-League Australia

Western Sydney Wanderers

Newcastle Jets

3

2

23/02/22

Australia A-League Australia

Newcastle Jets

Western Sydney Wanderers

1

0

28/11/21

Australia A-League Australia

Western Sydney Wanderers

Newcastle Jets

2

2

29/01/21

Australia A-League Australia

Western Sydney Wanderers

Newcastle Jets

1

1

Last Five - Newcastle JetsNewcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

04/02/23

Australia A-League Australia

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Perth Glory

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Newcastle Jets

2

2

D

27/01/23

Australia A-League Australia

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Brisbane Roar

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Newcastle Jets

0

4

W

22/01/23

Australia A-League Australia

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Western Sydney Wanderers

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Newcastle Jets

1

1

D

15/01/23

Australia A-League Australia

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Western United FC

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Newcastle Jets

1

1

D

08/01/23

Australia A-League Australia

macarthur

Macarthur FC

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Newcastle Jets

2

0

L

Last Five - Western Sydney WanderersNewcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

05/02/23

Australia A-League Australia

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Western United FC

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Western Sydney Wanderers

0

1

W

28/01/23

Australia A-League Australia

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Central Coast Mariners

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Western Sydney Wanderers

2

2

D

22/01/23

Australia A-League Australia

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Newcastle Jets

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Western Sydney Wanderers

1

1

D

15/01/23

Australia A-League Australia

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Melbourne City

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Western Sydney Wanderers

1

1

D

06/01/23

Australia A-League Australia

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Perth Glory

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/01/2023

Western Sydney Wanderers

1

0

L

Newcastle Jets odds: 39/20 (2.95) – 32.0%

Draw odds: 51/20 (3.55) – 27.0%

Western Sydney odds: 27/20 (2.35) – 41.0%

As you can clearly see from the Ladbrokes odds above, at 27/20 (2.35), Western Sydney have about a 41.0% chance of winning this game compared to Newcastle Jets’ 32.0% at 39/20 (2.95). The draw is the least likely outcome at 51/20 (3.55) with only a 27.0% possibility.

Predicted lineups, team news, and last result

Newcastle Jets

The four victories, one draw, and seven losses are certainly not enough for you to make it in the A-League. There’s no other A-League club that has so many losses and we are certain that the manager knows his position in the club isn’t very stable.

Newcastle Jets need momentum, period. The Jets can’t afford to lose any more games and perhaps that 1:1 draw versus Western United on the 15th of January is a good stepping stone to greater things. Newcastle Jets had more shots, more shots on target, more possession, and better pass accuracy. Basically, more of everything.

Predicted lineup – Duncan (GK), McGarry, Jurman, Jenkinson, Ingham, Dartsmelia, Sotirio, Thurgate, Stynes, Buhagiar & Milkeltadze

Western Sydney

Maybe predicting Western Sydney to win the A-League this season would be a bit of a stretch but with five victories, four draws, and only three losses so far, coach Mark Rudan’s boys definitely deserved their 3rd place in the ranking. And with only nine goals conceded in the 2022/23 race so far, the manager can be justly proud of his players’ work at the back.

Robust and unyielding in defense, Western Sydney managed to get a commendable result in the game against the favorites to win the A-League this season. Nullifying the best attack in the league was not an easy task but the 1:1 draw at CommBank Stadium speaks for itself.

Predicted lineup – Thomas (GK), Tongyik, Mrcela, Marcelo, Traore, Bozanic, Niuwenhof, Amalfitano, Najjarine, Borrello & Blair

Starting lineups

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to watch: Marcelo

We could’ve picked some of Western Sydney’s goalscorers but having two goals this season hardly qualifies you to be the most interesting player to watch. We like Western Sydney’s captain, Marcelo. He’s been rock-solid at the back and it’s no wonder why coach Mark Rudan’s side achieved so many clean sheets this season. Despite his age, the 35-year-old proves to be a valuable asset and we’re certain that he’ll be ever-present for his manager in the game against Newcastle Jets as well.

A-League standings

A-League 22/23
# Team P W D L +/- Points
1

Melbourne City

10 8 1 1 16 25
2

Central Coast Mariners

11 6 1 4 10 19
3

Western Sydney Wanderers

11 5 3 3 4 18
4

Brisbane Roar

10 3 6 1 2 15
5

Adelaide United

11 4 3 4 -1 15
6

Wellington Phoenix

11 3 5 3 1 14
7

Macarthur FC

10 4 2 4 -2 14
8

Sydney FC

11 4 1 6 -3 13
9

Newcastle Jets

10 4 0 6 -8 12
10

Western United FC

11 3 2 6 -9 11
11

Melbourne Victory

10 3 1 6 -3 10
12

Perth Glory

10 3 1 6 -7 10

Key Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney questions and answers:

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Prediction

  • Whom do the bookies favor? – They predict a victory for Western Sydney.
  • Are there any injuries or suspensions? – Western Sydney’s Rhys Williams is out with a hamstring injury.
  • Who’s Western Sydney’s top scorer? – Brandon Borrello. The winger has two goals and two assists this season.