Cincinnati vs Seattle Sounders Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 12/03/2023

FC Cincinnati
12/03/23 - 00:30

Finished

1

-

0

Seattle Sounders

FC Cincinnati - Seattle Sounders

USA MLS - TQL Stadium

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Cincinnati vs Seattle Sounders Predictions & Betting Lines

Both sides are doing terrific in their MLS Conferences and the game on the 12th of March will be a can’t-miss showdown.

Brandon Vazquez to Score Anytime

Neither Brandon Vazquez nor his partner in crime in the attack, Bremmer, managed to open their 2023 MLS score tabs in the opening two games. However, we feel that the time is right for the 24-year-old American to show some of that 2022 MLS mojo we saw last year.

With 19 goals in 35 MLS games, Brandon Vazquez was the 4th-best finisher in the league last year averaging 0.54 goals per game. The sheer fact that he appeared in 45 games is enough for us to consider our Cincinnati vs Seattle Sounders prediction a slam dunk.

Place the bet >>

BTTS

Sure, the head-to-head history between the two clubs is quite brief but to be fair, both games ended with the two teams scoring. The first-ever clash between Cincinnati and Seattle Sounders ended with a spectacular 4-1 victory for Seattle Sounders while the rematch ended with a fair 1-1 tie.

Considering how good the two teams seem to be at the moment, we have faith in our Cincinnati vs Seattle Sounders prediction and we expect to see goals galore at Paycor Stadium. Seattle Sounders were lucky to have two back-to-back games at home as they didn’t concede a single goal but the clash on the 12th of March is going to be a tad more difficult for them.

Place the bet >>

Key Cincinnati vs Seattle Sounders Odds & H2H Statistics

BetMGM provided us with these superior Cincinnati vs Seattle Sounders betting odds. Make sure to double-check them before placing your wager and check out the other free MLS predictions this week.

Head to Head

28/09/22

USA MLS USA

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati

1

1

03/03/19

USA MLS USA

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati

4

1

Last Five - FC Cincinnati

20/04/24

USA MLS USA

Atlanta United

Atlanta United

FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati

1

2

W

13/04/24

USA MLS USA

CF Montreal

CF Montreal

FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati

2

1

L

06/04/24

USA MLS USA

New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati

2

1

L

30/03/24

USA MLS USA

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati

1

1

D

23/03/24

USA MLS USA

New York City FC

New York City FC

FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati

0

1

W

Last Five - Seattle Sounders

21/04/24

USA MLS USA

Vancouver Whitecaps

Vancouver Whitecaps

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

2

0

L

14/04/24

USA MLS USA

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

0

0

D

07/04/24

USA MLS USA

CF Montreal

CF Montreal

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

0

5

W

31/03/24

USA MLS USA

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

1

0

L

24/03/24

USA MLS USA

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

3

2

L

Cincinnati odds: +110 – 46.0%

Draw odds: +265 – 26.0%

Seattle Sounders odds: +230 – 28.0%

Seattle Sounders have a 28.0% win probability on Sunday, as the +230 odds suggest, while Cincinnati’s odds at +110 imply a solid 46.0% chance to win. A draw could be the best way to go as it has a decent likelihood of 26.0%.

Predicted Lineups, Team News, and Last Result

Cincinnati

If we had to pinpoint a major positive sign in Cincinnati’s performance in the first two MLS games this season, it has to be the fact that coach Pat Noonan’s boys seem big at the back. Conceding only once in 180 minutes of soccer is what makes you a favorite to perform well in your third game but the US manager shouldn’t underestimate Seattle Sounders as they won two back-to-back games since the start of the season.

Predicted lineup – Celentano (GK), Barreal, Mosquera, Miazga, Hagglund, Gaddis, Acosta, Moreno, Nwobodo, Vazquez & Bremmer

Seattle Sounders

With a goal record of 6-0, Seattle Sounders deserve to be sitting comfortably at the top of the table in the Western Conference with newly-promoted St. Louis City being the only team to match their number of points. Our key Cincinnati vs Seattle Sounders predictions are heavily dependent on the hope that coach Brian Schmetzer’s boys will continue scoring in a third consecutive game but there aren’t any indications of a change of pace.

Predicted lineup – Frei (GK), Tolo, Gomez, Ragen, Roldan, Paulo, Rusnak, Morris, Lodeiro, Roldan & Heber

Starting Lineups

FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati
5-3-2
18
Roman Celentano
us
28
Raymon Gaddis
us
4
Nick Hagglund
us
21
Matt Miazga
us
15
Yerson Mosquera
co
31
Alvaro Barreal
ar
5
Obinna Nwobodo
ng
10
Luciano Acosta
ar
93
Junior Moreno
ve
19
Brandon Vazquez
us
9
Brenner
br
Substitutes
17
Sergio Santos
br
8
Marco Angulo
ec
29
Arquimides Ordonez
us
32
Ian Murphy
us
14
Dominique Badji
sn
26
Malik Pinto
us
2
Alvas Powell
jm
7
Yuya Kubo
jp
1
Alec Kann
us

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders
4-2-3-1
24
Stefan Frei
ch
16
Alex Roldan
sv
28
Yeimar Gomez Andrade
co
25
Jackson Ragen
us
5
Nouhou Tolo
cm
11
Albert Rusnak
sk
6
Joao Paulo
br
7
Cristian Roldan
us
10
Nicolas Lodeiro
uy
13
Jordan Morris
us
12
Fredy Montero
co
Substitutes
77
Sota Kitahara
us
9
Raul Ruidiaz
pe
84
Josh Atencio
us
45
Ethan Dobbelaere
us
3
Xavier Arreaga
ec
30
Stefan Cleveland
us
23
Leo Chu
br
22
Kelyn Rowe
us

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to Watch: Jordan Morris

Surprisingly or not, Jordan Morris is topping the MLS goalscoring chart at the moment. Having scored 50% of Seattle Sounders’ goals since the start of the season, Jordan Morris is certainly the player to watch on Sunday. He’s the focal point of Seattle Sounders’ attack and he’s on penalty duty. What more does he need to have a solid performance against Cincinnati?

MLS Eastern Conference Standings

Common Questions About Our Cincinnati vs Seattle Sounders Prediction:

Cincinnati vs Seattle Sounders Prediction

  • What’s the venue for this game? – Cincinnati hosts Seattle Sounders at Paycor Stadium on the 12th of March.
  • Is the game going to be broadcasted? – Apple TV exclusively broadcasts all MLS games this season.
  • Are there any key injured players? – Seattle Sounders’ Obed Vargas is the only key player out with an injury.
  • Whom do the two teams face next? – Seattle Sounders take on Los Angeles FC at home while Cincinnati will travel to Illinois to face Chicago Fire.

Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.