Portland Timbers vs Sporting KC prediction, odds & betting tips – 05/26/2024

Portland Timbers
26/05/24 - 03:30

Finished

2

-

1

Sporting Kansas City

Portland Timbers - Sporting Kansas City

USA MLS - Providence Park

Portland Timbers vs Sporting KC Prediction
Photo by Icon Sport

Point-hungry Timbers will host Sporting Kansas City and their manager Peter Vermes on the 26th of May. Is coach Neville going to find the winning recipe in this dire situation or will the visitors crush Portland’s dreams? Find out the answer in our exceptional Portland Timbers vs Sporting KC betting tips listed below. Don’t miss out!

For more exclusive MLS predictions, visit our website.

Portland Timbers vs Sporting KC prediction: Providence Park will host a show

Portland Timbers vs Sporting KC predictions
Our pick

🔥Hot tip

Draw

⚽ Correct score prediction

Portland Timbers 2-2 Sporting KC

⬆️ Over 2.5 second-half goals

Yes

Key Stats

  • We saw over 3.5 goals in six of the last 10 Portland Timbers vs Sporting KC head-to-heads.
  • Three of the last eight matches between the two sides resulted in ties.
  • Sporting Kansas City won only two of their 13 league outings so far this season.

Pre-game odds and win probability: Can’t-miss chance for Neville

  • HOME: +100 – 50.0%
  • DRAW: +175 – 24.0%
  • AWAY: +150 – 26.0%

*These Portland Timbers vs Sporting KC odds are subject to change

We believe the bookies were wrong to pick Portland Timbers as the expected winners in this match. Neville’s boys have a 50.0% shot at the three points, while Sporting KC’s odds at +150 imply a disappointing 26.0% chance of securing a win. However, given how the two teams played recently, we believe the visitors will surely avoid defeat. A draw is valued at +175, which means the two sides have a 24.0% chance of sharing the spoils at Providence Park.

Last five H2Hs: Portland doing better

USA MLS 07/04/24

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

3
Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

3

USA MLS 28/05/23

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

4
Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

1

USA MLS 28/02/23

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

1
Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

0

America Friendlies 21/01/23

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

1
Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

0

USA MLS 22/08/22

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

4
Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

1

Check out the Portland Timbers vs Sporting Kansas City statistics and you will see that Neville’s side is doing a tad better in the direct games.

Portland Timbers team news and form: Inconsistent defensive work ruining Neville’s season

Portland Timbers haven’t done well in defense this season. The team conceded 29 goals since the start of the season. The only other Western Conference team with worse defensive statistics is Luchi Gonzalez’s San Jose Earthquakes, with 33 goals in 2024.

Predicted lineup: Crepeau (GK), Miller, Zuparic, Araujo, Paredes, Mosquera, Ayala, Evander, Asprilla, Mora & Rodriguez

USA MLS 14/07/24

W

Real Salt Lake

Real Salt Lake

0

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

3

USA MLS 08/07/24

W

Nashville SC

Nashville SC

1

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

4

USA MLS 05/07/24

L

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

3

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

2

USA MLS 30/06/24

W

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

2

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

3

USA MLS 23/06/24

W

Vancouver Whitecaps

Vancouver Whitecaps

0

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

2

Sporting KC team news and form: Vermes happy with U.S. Open Cup win

After losing 3-2 to Austin in the previous round of MLS soccer, Sporting Kansas City bounced back with a lovely 4-0 win against FC Tulsa in the U.S. Open Cup a couple of days ago. Vermes’ boys were simply the better of the two teams on the pitch, but we have to keep in mind that Tulsa is nowhere near Portland Timbers’ class, so Vermes’ boys won’t have it as easy on the 26th of May.

Predicted lineup: Melia (GK), Fontas, Castellanos, Davis, Bassong, Thommy, Radoja, Rodriguez, Russell, Pullido & Salloi

USA MLS 18/07/24

L

Vancouver Whitecaps

Vancouver Whitecaps

2

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

1

USA MLS 14/07/24

W

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

1

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

2

USA US Open Cup 11/07/24

W

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

1

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

2

USA MLS 08/07/24

W

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

2

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

3

USA MLS 05/07/24

L

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

2

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

1

Player to watch: Maxime Crepeau

Maxime Crepeau will do his best to help his team earn points in the match against Vermes’ side on the 26th of May. However, it doesn’t seem like the former LAFC star is performing well these days, as he concedes goals way too frequently.

Portland Timbers Player
Photo by Icon Sport

Crepeau must prove his worth

Yes, Maxime is an MLS champion, but he can’t rely on old accomplishments to cement a place among the starters for Portland Timbers. With 29 goals conceded since the start of the season, Crepeau is bound to take some of the blame.


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.