The final has come and the contenders for the MLS Cup are Portland Timbers and New York City. In this article, we will check out the data to see who will be the most likely winner for Sunday's main event.
Latest Odds and Free Betting Tips for Saturday's Match
Here, you can check out the latest predictions and top free betting tips suggested by our betting experts for the MLS Cup final.
- Football Whispers US Prediction one: Both Teams to Score – Yes @ -147
- Football Whispers US Prediction two: Match Result – Portland Timbers to win @ +160
- Football Whispers US Prediction three: Total Goals – Over 2.5 Goals @ -117
The odds you see here are from BetMGM and are subject to change. Make sure to double-check all the prices before wagering.
Both Teams to Score – Yes
There have been some BTTS outcomes recently, especially for New York City. Two of the last three matches in the playoffs for New York City ended with both teams scoring goals. Also, the last time these two clubs played together the match ended with a BTTS outcome.
Match Result – Portland Timbers to Win
Portland Timbers have surprised us with perfect recent form in the last six matches they played in the MLS. They also have a head-to-head advantage over New York City because they won four of the last five matches they played against them. New York City only managed to win against Portland Timbers only once in all six of the games these two played together, so we don't think they would start winning now, especially after drawing two of the last five matches they played before extra time.
Total Goals – Over 2.5 Goals
Three of the last five times that Portland Timbers and New York City played against each other, the matches ended with over 2.5 total goals scored. Also, for both teams, three of the last five matches they played in the MLS ended the same way. That's why we think that the match will end with a high-scoring outcome.
Match Data and Statistics for Portland Timbers vs New York City
You should check out the latest match statistics and bookmaker odds for the upcoming Portland Timbers vs New York City fixture.
08.02.2020 – New York City vs Portland Timbers – 1:3
07.08.2019 – New York City vs Portland Timbers – 0:1
04.23.2018 – Portland Timbers vs New York City – 3:0
Match Preview & Injury Reports for Portland Timbers vs New York City
Portland Timbers have a significant advantage over New York City because they won most of the matches they played against them in the past. For Saturday's fixture, they have a total of five injured players on the roster that are sidelined. Attinella and Jome are out with tendon injuries, while Williamson and Polo have knee injuries. Sulte is out with a concussion for the match. New York City has only two injured players – Parks and Tinnerholm.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Match on Saturday
- Where is the venue for the match? – The match will be hosted by Portland Timbers at Providence Park.
- When is the match going to begin? – The official starting time of the match is 21:00 on the 11th of December (Saturday).
- Where can I watch the match live? – You can check out the match live via Univision Now, UniMas, Sirius XM FC, ABC, and TUDN in the USA. You can also watch it online via ABC's mobile app and TUDN's online platforms.