Austin vs Montreal Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 05/03/2023

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Essential Austin vs Montreal Predictions for MLS & Betting Tips

In this article, you’ll familiarize yourself with our key Austin vs Montreal picks for this week’s clash at Q2 Stadium.

Under 2.5 Goals

The first and only game between the two teams was played on the 19th of June, 2022. It ended with a thrifty 0-1 victory for Austin in front of 15,045 people at Saputo Stadium. This time, Montreal return the visit and the game at Q2 Stadium isn’t going to be much more glamorous than the one in Montreal.

We expect to see very few good goalscoring opportunities in the two penalty boxes and even with Sebastian Driussi on the pitch, our key Austin vs Montreal prediction remains the same – under 2.5 goals. After all, Montreal’s first visit this season against Inter Miami ended with a 2-0 loss and while there could’ve been more goals if the players were bore composed when taking the goalkeeper one-on-one, it’s the end result that counts.

Place the bet >>

Sebastian Driussi to Score Anytime

Averaging 0.68 goals per game, Sebastian Driussi deservedly won the top goalscorer award in MLS last year. With 25 goals to his name, he was certainly an impressive performer. Our Austin vs Montreal prediction certainly took into account the fact that he had a whopping 3150 minutes of playtime last year. The sheer fact that injuries avoid Sebastian Driussi so much gives him a higher chance to score these days.

He opened his goalscoring tab for Austin in the match against newly-promoted St. Louis City with a well-crafted shot in the first half’s stoppage time.

Place the bet >>

Top Austin vs Montreal Head-to-Head News & Odds

After checking out our key Austin vs Montreal predictions, it’s time to take a look at the head-to-head charts to get a better understanding of where the two teams are at:

Austin odds: +112 – 47.0%

Draw odds: +250 – 27.0%

Montreal odds: +240 – 26.0%

A Montreal win is valued at +240 (26.0%), an Austin success is expected at +112 (47.0%), and for the two teams to share the spoils on Sunday, we have an outstanding BetRivers-provided odds at +250 (27.0%).

Predicted Lineups, Team News, and Last Result

Austin

Our key Austin vs Montreal picks took into account the fact that Austin had a miserable start. How else would you describe losing 2-3 at home against a newly-established club? However, we consider St. Louis City’s success a fluke. Coach Josh Wolff will rally the troops for Sunday and we’re confident that the players will give Montreal a run for their money just like they did back in 2022.

Predicted lineup – Stuver (GK), Gallagher, Vaisanen, Keller, Lima, Ring, Pereira, Fagundez, Driussi, Rigoni & Zardes

Montreal

Speaking of disappointments, Montreal’s visit to Inter Miami can only be described as a false start. Getting thrashed 2-0 in Miami is definitely not what the fans were hoping for and considering the team had 56% possession and six shots on target, perhaps the result on the scoreboard after 90 minutes of soccer was a bit unfair.

Predicted lineup – Pantemis (GK), Camacho, Herrera, Miller, Lappalainen, Piette, Wanyama, Brault-Guillard, Saliba, Ibrahim & Quioto

Starting Lineups

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to Watch: Jon Gallagher

With his lung-bursting runs down the left, Jon Gallagher was an ever-present danger for newly-promoted St. Louis City to handle. Despite losing 2-3 against the new kid on the block, Austin’s manager should be happy with Jon Gallagher’s display as not only did he do well to supply some outstanding crosses to the penalty box, but he also scored a goal in the 72nd minute of the game.

MLS Western Conference Standings

Q&As Regarding Our Austin vs Montreal Predictions:

Austin vs Montreal Prediction

  • Which team has a higher market value? – At €53.80m, Austin’s market value is almost twice as higher as Montreal’s.
  • What’s coach Josh Wolff’s record against Montreal? – the 46-year-old Austin manager has a 1-0-0 record over Montreal.
  • Where can I watch the game? – You can watch Austin vs Montreal live on Apple TV.

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.