Dallas vs Charlotte Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 22/07/2023

FC Dallas
22/07/23 - 02:00

Finished

2 (1)

-

2 (4)

Charlotte FC

FC Dallas - Charlotte FC

Leagues Cup - Toyota Stadium

1st Round

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Dallas vs Charlotte Predictions and Leagues Cup Betting Tips

Coach Estevez’s Dallas hosts Lattanzio’s Charlotte on the 22nd of July in a gladiator Leagues Cup game. The stakes are high and neither side would like to lose this game. Perhaps a draw is a fair expectation? Let’s find out what the experts have to say in these Dallas vs Charlotte betting tips!

Dallas to Win

  • Dallas recorded two prestigious victories at home in their last three games – versus St. Louis City and 2022 champions Los Angeles.
  • Charlotte have only six victories in 23 Major League Soccer games.
  • Coach Lattanzio’s boys didn’t win in six consecutive visits.

Over 2.5 Goals

  • Four of Charlotte’s last seven games in Major League Soccer ended in over 2.5 goals.
  • Charlotte have the weakest backline in the Eastern Conference, as coach Lattanzio’s troops conceded 40 goals in 23 league games.
  • One of Dallas’ last two games at Toyota Stadium saw over 2.5 goals.

Top Dallas vs Charlotte Odds, H2H Statistics, and Leagues Cup Info

If you go through this section of our Dallas vs Charlotte prediction, you’ll find essential head-to-head knowledge and match odds.

Last Five - FC Dallas

14/07/24

USA MLS USA

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

0

2

W

11/07/24

USA US Open Cup USA

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

2

1

L

08/07/24

USA MLS USA

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

3

2

L

05/07/24

USA MLS USA

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

2

3

W

30/06/24

USA MLS USA

FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

1

0

L

Last Five - Charlotte FC

13/07/24

USA MLS USA

FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

1

3

W

03/07/24

USA MLS USA

Inter Miami CF

Inter Miami CF

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

2

1

L

30/06/24

USA MLS USA

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

1

0

L

22/06/24

USA MLS USA

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

0

2

W

19/06/24

USA MLS USA

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

2

2

D

Dallas odds: +102 – 49.5%

Draw odds: +230 – 29.5%

Charlotte odds: +265 – 21.0%

Dallas are the bookies’ expected winners ahead of Saturday’s game with a massive 49.5% win probability. Meanwhile, Charlotte’s odds at +265 barely give them a 21.0% chance at victory. Even a draw (29.5% likelihood) seems far-fetched, as there’s nothing good we can say about the visiting team’s display these days.

Dallas vs Charlotte Lineups & Team News

Dallas

As mentioned in our key Dallas vs Charlotte predictions, coach Nico Estevez has been doing wonders with the Hoops. Dallas rank 8th at the moment, but a watertight backline is what might bring more positives for the team in the future. Dallas conceded only 26 goals in Major League Soccer this year. Surely, coach Estevez wants a sturdy display in the Leagues Cup as well.

Predicted lineup – Paes (GK), Farfan, Tafari, Ibeagha, Jesus, Smith, Quignon, Cerrillo, Junqua, Velasco & Endeley

Charlotte

With six victories, eight draws, and nine disappointing losses, Charlotte are sinking lower and lower in the ranking. Currently, in 11th, coach Lattanzio’s boys can’t possibly do any worse, can they? With Inter Miami snapping Lionel Messi and Sergio Busquets on free transfers, it certainly seems like Charlotte can get beaten up even more in the Eastern Conference.

Predicted lineup – Kahlina (GK), Tuiloma, Corujo, Jones, Lindsey, Swiderski, Westwood, Bender, Meram, Copetti & Vargas

Player to Watch: Jesus Ferreira

We believe fan-favorite Ferreira will be on the bench for this one, as coach Estevez needs to preserve his top goalscorer’s energy for the more important Major League Soccer games ahead of Dallas. However, we do hope to see Ferreira make an appearance in the second half of the game on the 22nd. And 20-30 minutes is all an established finisher such as Ferreira needs to prove our Dallas vs Charlotte predictions correct.

Starting Lineups

FC Dallas

FC Dallas
4-2-2-2
1
James Maurer
us
2
Geovane Jesus
br
25
Sebastien Ibeagha
us
17
Nkosi Tafari
us
4
Marco Farfan
us
12
Sebastian Lletget
us
5
Facundo Quignon
ar
77
Bernard Kamungo
tz
20
Alan Velasco
ar
8
Jader Obrian
co
10
Jesus Ferreira
us
Substitutes
19
Paxton Pomykal
us
3
Jose Antonio Martinez
es
6
Edwin Cerrillo
us
11
Dante Sealy
us
31
Eugene Ansah
gh
24
Amet Korca
al
7
Paul Arriola
us
29
Sam Junqua
us
16
Tsiki Ntsabeleng
za
13
Antonio Carrera
us
22
Ema Twumasi
gh

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC
4-3-3
1
Kristijan Kahlina
hr
24
Jaylin Lindsey
us
22
Justin Meram
iq
2
Jan Sobocinski
pl
14
Nathan Byrne
gb
8
Ashley Westwood
gb
13
Brandt Bronico
us
37
Scott Arfield
ca
7
Kamil Jozwiak
pl
11
Karol Swiderski
pl
34
Andrew Privett
us
Substitutes
33
Patrick Agyemang
gh
32
Hamady Diop
sn
36
Brandon Cambridge
ca
18
Kerwin Vargas
co
25
Harrison Afful
gh
15
Benjamin Bender
us
31
George Marks
us
28
Joseph Mora
cr
19
Christopher Hegardt
us
39
Jack Neeley
us

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Dallas vs Charlotte Prediction


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.