LA Galaxy vs Chicago Fire Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 27/08/2023

LA Galaxy
27/08/23 - 03:30

Finished

3

-

0

Chicago Fire

LA Galaxy - Chicago Fire

USA MLS - Dignity Health Sports Park

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Exclusive LA Galaxy vs Chicago Fire Betting Tips

Coach Greg Vanney’s LA Galaxy simply has to defeat Chicago Fire on the 27th of August at home if the team is to contain a chance of participating in the final series. Let’s see if the home team will succeed, according to these LA Galaxy vs Chicago Fire predictions.

Check out our website for more MLS predictions.

LA Galaxy to Win

  • LA Galaxy are the bane of Chicago Fire’s existence, as the last 10 games ended in six victories for the team from LA and four draws.
  • Coach Frank Klopas has a horrible 0-1-3 record against LA Galaxy.
  • Chicago Fire’s last victory over LA Galaxy was recorded over a decade ago – back in 2010.

Over 2.5 Goals

  • Three of the last five LA Galaxy vs Chicago Fire head-to-heads saw over 2.5 goals.
  • In five of LA Galaxy’s last six games in all tournaments, we had over 2.5 goals.
  • With 37 goals conceded throughout 22 league fixtures, LA Galaxy have the 3rd-weakest backline in the Western Conference.

Top LA Galaxy vs Chicago Fire Odds and Head-to-Head Statistics

Make sure to give this section of our article a thorough read, as this is where you’ll find interesting LA Galaxy vs Chicago Fire head-to-head stats and match facts.

Head to Head

17/04/22

USA MLS USA

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

0

0

22/02/20

World Club Friendlies World

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

1

1

03/03/19

USA MLS USA

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

2

1

14/04/18

USA MLS USA

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

0

1

07/05/17

USA MLS USA

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

2

2

Last Five - LA Galaxy

17/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

0

2

W

14/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

New York City FC

New York City FC

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

2

2

D

11/02/24

World Club Friendlies World

Austin FC

Austin FC

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

3

1

L

11/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Austin FC

Austin FC

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

3

1

L

07/02/24

World Club Friendlies World

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

3

0

L

Last Five - Chicago Fire

17/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

1

2

W

14/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

0

4

W

11/02/24

World Club Friendlies World

Los Angeles FC

Los Angeles FC

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

3

1

L

11/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Los Angeles FC

Los Angeles FC

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

3

1

L

07/02/24

World Club Friendlies World

Austin FC

Austin FC

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

0

1

W

LA Galaxy odds: +102 – 49.5%

Draw odds: +245 – 28.5%

Chicago Fire odds: +275 – 22.0%

LA Galaxy are the expected winners ahead of Sunday’s game, with a 49.5% win probability in front of coach Vanney’s boys. A draw is the second-most likely outcome of this clash, as there’s an approximately 28.5% likelihood that the two teams will share the spoils. Unsurprisingly, Chicago Fire are far less likely to get three points this week. Coach Klopas’ boys have a 22.0% shot at the three points, which we consider too much.

LA Galaxy vs Chicago Fire Lineups & Team News

LA Galaxy

If our LA Galaxy vs Chicago Fire predictions succeed, it would be because coach Vanney has taken the necessary precautions. LA Galaxy no longer have the watertight backline we remember and that has proven problematic over the course of this Major League Soccer campaign.

Predicted lineup – Micovic (GK), Calegari, Neal, Vazquez, Aude, Aguirre, Rossell, Puig, Costa, Joveljic & Boyd

Chicago Fire

Now that coach Ezra Hendrickson left the club, we started seeing improvement in how Chicago Fire play. Led by manager legend Frank Klopas, Chicago Fire now have eight victories, eight draws, and eight losses for the Eastern Conference ranking.

Predicted lineup – Richey (GK), Dean, Pineda, Teran, Navarro, Doumbia, Gimenez, Haile-Selassie, Shaqiri, Gutierrez & Koutsias

Player to Watch: Riqui Puig

With team captain Chicharito, defender-in-chief Martin Caceres, and Gaston Brugman injured, we have Riqui Puig down as the player to watch in our LA Galaxy vs Chicago Fire prediction. The former Barcelona starlet has already proven his worth, and we believe coach Vanney would be a fool not to rely on him in the starting XI for LA Galaxy. Riqui scored three goals and assisted on four occasions. His sheer numbers alone make him the most important player at Vanney’s disposal.

Starting Lineups

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy
4-3-3
1
Jonathan Bond
gb
2
Calegari
br
4
Maya Yoshida
jp
15
Eriq Zavaleta
sv
44
Raheem Edwards
ca
20
Edwin Cerrillo
us
16
Oriol Rosell
es
6
Riqui Puig
es
11
Tyler Boyd
us
9
Dejan Joveljic
rs
10
Douglas Costa
br
Substitutes
35
Novak Micovic
rs
27
Billy Sharp
gb
93
Tony Alfaro
us
3
Julian Aude
ar
37
Daniel Aguirre
us
18
Kelvin Leerdam
sr
14
Diego Fagundez
uy
8
Marky Delgado
us

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire
4-2-3-1
34
Christopher Brady
us
24
Robert Jonathan Dean Jr
us
5
Rafael Czichos
de
4
Carlos Teran
co
6
Miguel Navarro
ve
31
Federico Navarro
ar
30
Gaston Gimenez
py
23
Kei Kamara
sl
10
Xherdan Shaqiri
ch
17
Brian Gutierrez
us
21
Fabian Herbers
de
Substitutes
25
Jeff Gal
us
26
Ousmane Doumbia
ci
3
Daniel Aceves
mx
18
Spencer Richey
us
19
Georgios Koutsias
gr
7
Maren Haile-Selassie
ch
20
Jairo Torres
mx
16
Wyatt Omsberg
us
2
Arnaud Souquet
fr

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

LA galaxy vs Chicago Fire Prediction


Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.