Austin vs Portland Timbers Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 09/18/2023

Austin FC
18/09/23 - 01:30

Finished

1

-

2

Portland Timbers

Austin FC - Portland Timbers

USA MLS - Q2 Stadium

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Free Austin vs Portland Timbers Betting Tips and Picks

Matchday 29 in Major League Soccer closes with a thrilling Austin vs Portland Timbers head-to-head at Q2 Stadium. The match on the 18th of September is further analyzed in the Austin vs Portland Timbers predictions below.

Make sure to get the full scoop on our MLS predictions by visiting our designated page.

Over 2.5 Goals

  • The six games in total between the two clubs resulted in four over 2.5 Goals events.
  • Austin conceded 43 goals this season, meaning coach Wolff’s defense is the 2nd-worst in the Western Conference.
  • Portland Timbers have the weakest backline in the Western Conference, with 44 goals conceded throughout 28 league fixtures.

Draw or Portland Timbers

  • The last five head-to-heads saw three victories for Portland Timbers, one draw, and only one Austin win.
  • Portland Timbers won two of their last three games in Major League Soccer.
  • The last three games in MLS for Austin resulted in two losses and a draw.

Top Austin vs Portland Timbers Odds and Key H2H Facts

Make sure to give this portion of our Austin vs Portland Timbers prediction a thorough read. You’ll get more knowledge on the Austin vs Portland Timbers head-to-heads this way.

Head to Head

07/05/23

USA MLS USA

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

Austin FC

Austin FC

2

2

01/09/22

USA MLS USA

Austin FC

Austin FC

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

1

2

13/03/22

USA MLS USA

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

Austin FC

Austin FC

1

0

07/11/21

USA MLS USA

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

Austin FC

Austin FC

3

0

22/08/21

USA MLS USA

Austin FC

Austin FC

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

3

1

Last Five - Austin FC

14/04/24

USA MLS USA

St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

Austin FC

Austin FC

1

0

L

07/04/24

USA MLS USA

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

Austin FC

Austin FC

3

4

W

31/03/24

USA MLS USA

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

Austin FC

Austin FC

1

2

W

23/03/24

USA MLS USA

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

Austin FC

Austin FC

2

0

L

17/03/24

USA MLS USA

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

Austin FC

Austin FC

2

2

D

Last Five - Portland Timbers

13/04/24

USA MLS USA

Los Angeles FC

Los Angeles FC

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

2

2

D

07/04/24

USA MLS USA

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

3

3

D

31/03/24

USA MLS USA

Vancouver Whitecaps

Vancouver Whitecaps

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

3

2

L

24/03/24

USA MLS USA

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

3

1

L

17/03/24

USA MLS USA

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

1

0

L

Austin odds: +102 – 49.0%

Draw odds: +260 – 25.5%

Portland Timbers odds: +260 – 25.5%

You might be interested to know that Austin are the bookmakers’ expected winners at +102. Coach Wolff’s boys have a 49.0% win probability ahead of Monday’s game, while Portland Timbers’ odds at +260 imply a 25.5% success chance. The likelihood of the 22 on the pitch sharing the points amounts to 25.5% as well.

Austin vs Portland Timbers Lineups & Team News

Austin

After a last-second goal against New England Revolution, Austin managed to chip a point away from coach Bruce Arena’s hands. The match at Gillette Stadium was a show and a half, with the two teams scoring four goals in total. We believe we’ll get to see more top-notch stuff from coach Wolff’s boys, in accordance with our Austin vs Portland Timbers predictions.

Predicted lineup – Stuver (GK), Lundqvist, Vaisanen, Cascante, Lima, Ring, Valencia, Pereira, Gallagher, Driussi & Rigoni

Portland Timbers

Despite a turbulent August, Portland Timbers managed to pick themselves up and cause a massive MLS shock by defeating 2022 Major League Soccer Champions Los Angeles. The match at Providence Park went exactly as the home team’s manager planned it, as Los Angeles failed to produce anything valuable.

Predicted lineup – Bingham (GK), Miller, McGraw, Mabiala, Bravo, Paredes, Chara, Moreno, Evander, Y. Chara & Mora

Player to Watch: Sebastian Driussi

Goalscorer-in-chief Sebastian Driussi deserves a shoutout in this Austin vs Portland Timbers prediction. Austin’s top finisher last season was also the best one in Major League Soccer. He managed to beat Philadelphia Union’s Daniel Gazdag in the last possible moment of last season’s campaign, and while he’s a couple of goals short of reaching 1st place in the 2023 MLS Top Goalscorer race, we believe that a good display in the match against the Timbers could give him the chance to defend his award.

Starting Lineups

Austin FC

Austin FC
4-3-3
Substitutes
30
Memo Rodriguez
us

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers
4-2-3-1
18
Zac McGraw
ca
Substitutes
7
Franck Boli
ci

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Austin vs Portland Timbers Prediction


Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.