Toluca vs Tijuana Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 02/25/2024

Toluca
25/02/24 - 18:00

Finished

2

-

0

Tijuana

Toluca - Tijuana

Mexico Liga MX - Estadio Nemesio Diez

8th Round

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Essential Toluca vs Tijuana Predictions

The match between Toluca and Club Tijuana will be held on the 25th of February at one of the most prolific Liga MX venues – Estadio Nemesio Diez. Finding out the top Toluca vs Tijuana betting tips is essential if you want to make a successful Liga MX bet. Luckily, Football Whispers’ soccer experts came prepared.

The key Liga MX predictions can be found on our website.

BTTS

  • Four of the last five Toluca vs Tijuana head-to-heads resulted in goals galore.
  • Toluca have the best attacking record in the league, with 16 goals scored.
  • Tijuana’s backline lacks quality, as Herrera’s players conceded on 11 occasions.

Draw

  • Coach Renato Paiva has a 0-1-0 record against the Pack.
  • We have a stalemate in the head-to-head department, as the last five matches resulted in two victories for Toluca, two for Club Tijuana, and one draw.
  • Coach Miguel Herrera’s record against Toluca, consisting of 17 victories, 13 draws, and 18 losses, also suggests that the two teams might share the spoils this week.

Toluca vs Tijuana Statistics & Betting Odds

Making sure to check out all the latest stats is important, but you should also check out the following Toluca vs Club Tijuana odds before you make a bet on this game.

Head to Head

16/09/23

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Tijuana

Tijuana

Toluca

Toluca

2

1

18/03/23

Mexico Clausura Mexico

Tijuana

Tijuana

Toluca

Toluca

3

3

07/08/22

Mexico Apertura Mexico

Toluca

Toluca

Tijuana

Tijuana

3

1

02/03/22

Mexico Clausura Mexico

Toluca

Toluca

Tijuana

Tijuana

1

2

07/08/21

Mexico Apertura Mexico

Tijuana

Tijuana

Toluca

Toluca

0

2

Last Five - Toluca

25/02/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Tijuana

Tijuana

Toluca

Toluca

0

2

W

22/02/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Santos Laguna

Santos Laguna

Toluca

Toluca

0

1

W

19/02/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Monterrey

Monterrey

Toluca

Toluca

0

0

D

16/02/24

CONCACAF Champions League CCL

Herediano

Herediano

Toluca

Toluca

3

2

L

10/02/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Necaxa

Necaxa

Toluca

Toluca

3

3

D

Last Five - Tijuana

25/02/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Toluca

Toluca

Tijuana

Tijuana

2

0

L

17/02/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Atletico San Luis

Atletico San Luis

Tijuana

Tijuana

3

3

D

10/02/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Queretaro

Queretaro

Tijuana

Tijuana

1

1

D

04/02/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Pachuca

Pachuca

Tijuana

Tijuana

3

2

L

31/01/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

mx

Cruz Azul

Tijuana

Tijuana

1

0

L

Toluca odds: -125 – 55.1%

Draw odds: +275 – 25.9%

Tijuana odds: +330 – 19.0%

As you see, Toluca are the bookmakers’ expected winners this week. The home team at Estadio Nemesio Diez stands a massive 55.1% chance of picking the three points, with alluring odds at -125. Meanwhile, Tijuana are on the other extreme. Coach Miguel Herrera’s players have a 19.0% chance of being victorious, but we believe Toluca a draw at +275 (25.9%) is the likeliest outcome of this brawl.

Toluca vs Tijuana Lineups & Team News

Toluca

Three of Toluca’s last five Liga MX showdowns resulted in draws, which is, of course, nothing but good news for our Toluca vs Tijuana prediction. Coach Renato Paiva doesn’t have any injury or suspension issues to deal with, so he will be able to put Club Tijuana’s capabilities to the test.

Predicted lineup – Volpi (GK), Araujo, Huerta, Pereira, Garcia, Baeza, Ruiz, Belmonte, Meneses, Vega & Lopez

Tijuana

Coach Miguel Herrera has more losses than victories against Toluca, but the Pack overall have a head-to-head advantage, as they emerged victorious on more occasions in the last 10 games. Similar to his rival, Miguel Herrera will also enjoy a full squad ahead of the kick-off, which benefits our Toluca vs Tijuana predictions greatly.

Predicted lineup – Rodriguez (GK), Contreras, Diaz, Balanta, Montoya, Madrigal, Rivera, Rodriguez, Alvarez, Blanco & Gonzalez

Player to Watch: Lucas Rodriguez

Coach Miguel Herrera needed a difference-maker in last week’s match versus Atletico San Luis at Estadio Alfonso Lastras and Lucas Rodriguez didn’t disappoint. He produced top-notch stuff at the famous soccer venue by scoring a lovely brace. His goals came in the 38th and 88th minutes of the game and helped him earn the MOTM Award at the end of the game. We are convinced that if Rodriguez performs at his lethal best, our Toluca vs Tijuana predictions have a fighting chance.

Starting Lineups

Toluca

Toluca
4-2-3-1
1
Tiago Volpi
br
17
Brian Garcia
mx
6
Federico Pereira
uy
24
Juan Escobar
py
8
Carlos Orrantia
mx
25
Alexis Vega
mx
5
Tomas Belmonte
ar
7
Juan Dominguez
mx
14
Marcel Ruiz
mx
16
Jean Meneses
cl
19
Edgar Lopez
mx
Substitutes
198
Victor Arteaga
mx
12
Mauricio Isais
mx
11
Maximiliano Araujo
uy
190
Isaias Violante
mx
27
Adrian Mora
mx
3
Jesus Pinuelas
mx
22
Luis Garcia
mx
21
Antonio Figueroa
mx
23
Claudio Baeza
cl
10
Ricardo Angulo
mx

Tijuana

Tijuana
4-2-3-1
2
Jose Rodriguez
mx
19
Eduardo Armenta
mx
35
Kevin Balanta
co
4
Nicolas Diaz
cl
15
Diego Zaragoza
mx
8
Fernando Madrigal
mx
14
Christian Rivera
co
27
Domingo Felipe Blanco
ar
11
Lucas Rodriguez
ar
20
Francisco Contreras
mx
32
Carlos Gonzales
py
Substitutes
28
Jesus Gomez
mx
18
Aaron Mejia Montoya
mx
187
Carlos Galicia
mx
6
Joe Corona
us
30
Jose de Jesus Corona
mx
3
Rafael Fernandez
mx
9
Ake Arnaud Loba
ci
10
Kevin Castaneda
mx
13
Jose Raul Zuniga
co
203
Jaime Alvarez Murrieta
mx

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Toluca vs Tijuana Prediction


Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.