Pachuca vs Pumas UNAM prediction, odds & betting tips – 05/03/2024

Pachuca
03/05/24 - 04:15

Finished

0 (3)

-

0 (5)

Unam Pumas

Pachuca - Unam Pumas

Mexico Liga MX - Estadio Hidalgo

Pachuca vs Pumas UNAM Prediction
Photo by Icon Sport

Estadio Hidalgo will host the thrilling Pachuca vs Pumas UNAM head-to-head on the 3rd of May, and we believe it will be a very tight clash. Coach Guillermo Almada’s boys are the expected winners, but the three points will definitely come easy. Find out more about it in the following Pachuca vs Pumas UNAM betting tips.

The key Liga MX predictions can be found on our website.

Pachuca vs Pumas UNAM prediction: Pachuca to get a vital win

Pachuca vs Pumas UNAM predictions
Our pick

🔥Hot tip

Pachuca to win

⚽ Correct score prediction

Pachuca 2-1 Pumas UNAM

⬆️ Over 1.5 Pachuca goals

Yes

Key Stats

  • The home team has the second-best attacking record in the league, with 34 goals scored across 17 league fixtures.
  • Coach Almada’s boys did beautifully in the CONCACAF Champions League, which is surely a plus in favor of our Pachuca vs Pumas UNAM predictions.
  • Pumas UNAM conceded 22 goals this season.
  • Pachuca lost only one of the last four games in the Clausura campaign.

Pre-game odds and win probability: Pachuca can win this

  • HOME: +132 – 42.1%
  • DRAW: +240 – 26.0%
  • AWAY: +205 – 31.9%

*These Pachuca vs Pumas UNAM odds are subject to change

At +112, there seems to be a 47.17% chance for us to see over 1.5 Pachuca goals on the 3rd of May. Pachuca are the expected winners, with a staggering 42.1% win probability at +132. Meanwhile, Pumas UNAM are the underdogs, with a laughably low 31.9% chance of securing a win at Estadio Hidalgo. A draw also seems quite unlikely, as the odds at +240 give the two teams a 26.0% chance of sharing the spoils.

Last five H2Hs: Pumas with the advantage

Mexico Liga MX 28/01/24

Unam Pumas

Unam Pumas

3
Pachuca

Pachuca

1

Mexico Liga MX 17/07/23

Pachuca

Pachuca

1
Unam Pumas

Unam Pumas

1

Mexico Clausura 19/03/23

Unam Pumas

Unam Pumas

0
Pachuca

Pachuca

2

Mexico Apertura 25/07/22

Pachuca

Pachuca

0
Unam Pumas

Unam Pumas

0

Mexico Clausura 01/05/22

Unam Pumas

Unam Pumas

2
Pachuca

Pachuca

0

The visitors have a narrow head-to-head advantage over Pachuca, but we still favor coach Almada’s troops, as they have been performing better this season.

Pachuca team news and form: Top display from Pachuca

Pachuca didn’t reach the semi-finals in the CONCACAF Champions Cup by accident. They faced the Eagles in a vicious semi-final game at Estadio Hidalgo, but will now have to focus, as Pumas UNAM are no joke. The good news for Almada is that he will be able to count on his key players for this game.

Predicted lineup: Moreno (GK), Rodriguez, V. Rodriguez, Barreto, Avalos, Pedraza, Figueroa, de la Rosa, Gutierrez & Sanchez

CONCACAF Champions Cup 02/06/24

W

Columbus Crew

Columbus Crew

0

Pachuca

Pachuca

3

Mexico Liga MX 12/05/24

D

Club America

Club America

1

Pachuca

Pachuca

1

Mexico Liga MX 09/05/24

D

Club America

Club America

1

Pachuca

Pachuca

1

Mexico Liga MX 06/05/24

W

Necaxa

Necaxa

1

Pachuca

Pachuca

2

Mexico Liga MX 03/05/24

L

Unam Pumas

Unam Pumas

0 (5)

Pachuca

Pachuca

0 (3)

Pumas UNAM team news and form: End to a tremendous run

Pumas UNAM’s five-game unbeaten run will come to an abrupt end on the 3rd of May when they travel to Estadio Hidalgo. Pumas UNAM recorded three victories and two draws in their last five games in Liga MX, but we believe this run will end soon.

Predicted lineup: Gonzalez (GK), Monroy, Magallan, Natan, Bennevendo, Rivas, Caicedo, Huerta, Quispe, Suares & Mori

World Club Friendlies 16/06/24

W

Venados FC

Venados FC

1

Unam Pumas

Unam Pumas

3

Mexico Liga MX 13/05/24

D

Cruz Azul

Cruz Azul

2

Unam Pumas

Unam Pumas

2

Mexico Liga MX 10/05/24

L

Cruz Azul

Cruz Azul

2

Unam Pumas

Unam Pumas

0

Mexico Liga MX 03/05/24

W

Pachuca

Pachuca

0 (3)

Unam Pumas

Unam Pumas

0 (5)

Mexico Liga MX 27/04/24

D

Queretaro

Queretaro

1

Unam Pumas

Unam Pumas

1

Player to watch: Erick Sanchez

Erick Sanchez is the player to watch in this Pachuca vs Pumas UNAM prediction, as he’s the top goalscorer for his manager in this season’s Clausura campaign. Erick scored a total of four goals so far, and we are sure he’d like to keep his spot as the top finisher for Pachuca.

Pachuca vs Pumas UNAM Player
Photo by Icon Sport

Sanchez bossing the midfield

Erick Sanchez is a central midfielder who definitely knows how to handle a packed center of the park. We are sure that he’ll do his best to make life difficult for Pumas.


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.