Guadalajara vs Santos Laguna Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 01/14/2024

Chivas Guadalajara
14/01/24 - 01:05

Finished

1

-

1

Santos Laguna

Chivas Guadalajara - Santos Laguna

Mexico Liga MX - Estadio Akron

1st Round

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Essential Guadalajara vs Santos Laguna Predictions and Betting Lines

The Guadalajara vs Santos Laguna head-to-head will be played on the 14th of January at Estadio Akron. Read this article to get the key Guadalajara vs Santos Laguna betting tips this week.

Top Liga MX predictions can be found on our website.

Under 2.5 Goals

  • Six of the last 10 Guadalajara vs Santos Laguna head-to-heads saw under 2.5 goals.
  • Guadalajara conceded only 22 goals in the regular part of Apertura.
  • Three of Guadalajara’s last four official games resulted in narrow 1-0 victories.

Guadalajara to Win

  • The Goats won two consecutive games at home.
  • The last four head-to-heads at Estadio Akron resulted in three victories for Chivas Guadalajara and one draw.
  • Santos Laguna lost three of their last five official games.

Essential Guadalajara vs Santo Laguna H2H Statistics

You’d be wise to check out these fantastic Guadalajara vs Santos Laguna odds before placing your Liga MX wagers.

Head to Head

27/08/23

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Santos Laguna

Santos Laguna

Chivas Guadalajara

Chivas Guadalajara

2

1

05/03/23

Mexico Clausura Mexico

Chivas Guadalajara

Chivas Guadalajara

Santos Laguna

Santos Laguna

2

0

20/12/22

Europe Friendlies Europe

Chivas Guadalajara

Chivas Guadalajara

Santos Laguna

Santos Laguna

4

0

17/07/22

Mexico Apertura Mexico

Santos Laguna

Santos Laguna

Chivas Guadalajara

Chivas Guadalajara

1

1

16/06/22

America Friendlies America

Chivas Guadalajara

Chivas Guadalajara

Santos Laguna

Santos Laguna

3

1

Last Five - Chivas Guadalajara

20/07/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Mazatlan FC

Mazatlan FC

Chivas Guadalajara

Chivas Guadalajara

0

2

W

17/07/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Queretaro

Queretaro

Chivas Guadalajara

Chivas Guadalajara

0

2

W

13/07/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Tijuana

Tijuana

Chivas Guadalajara

Chivas Guadalajara

4

2

L

07/07/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Toluca

Toluca

Chivas Guadalajara

Chivas Guadalajara

0

0

D

23/06/24

Club Friendly List Club

Pachuca

Pachuca

Chivas Guadalajara

Chivas Guadalajara

3

0

L

Last Five - Santos Laguna

21/07/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Tigres UANL

Tigres UANL

Santos Laguna

Santos Laguna

3

0

L

17/07/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Atlas

Atlas

Santos Laguna

Santos Laguna

1

0

L

14/07/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Unam Pumas

Unam Pumas

Santos Laguna

Santos Laguna

1

1

D

05/07/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Puebla

Puebla

Santos Laguna

Santos Laguna

1

0

L

29/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Atletico San Luis

Atletico San Luis

Santos Laguna

Santos Laguna

3

0

L

Guadalajara odds: +105 – 46.0%

Draw odds: +250 – 27.5%

Santos Laguna odds: +265 – 26.5%

As you can see from the odds above, the expected winners this week are Guadalajara. Coach Fernando Gago’s boys keep a 46.0% win probability at +105, meaning the home-field advantage at Estadio Akron just might prove our Guadalajara vs Santos Laguna predictions correct. Meanwhile, Laguneros’ shot at the three points is valued at 26.5%, while the two teams have approximately a 27.5% likelihood of sharing the spoils at the start of the Clausura campaign. Moreover, we expect a rather dull affair at Estadio Akron, as under 2.5 goals has a 59.92% likelihood, according to the Guadalajara vs Santos Laguna odds.

Guadalajara vs Santos Laguna Lineups & Team News

Guadalajara

Similar to Laguneros, Guadalajara also lost their last match. However, the Goats did beautifully to record two consecutive home wins at Estadio Akron. The victims? Pumas UNAM and Cruz Azul. Surely, lackluster Laguneros will be the next ones to lose points at Estadio Akron. Especially now that we have former Real Madrid player Fernando Gago calling the shots at Estadio Akron.

Predicted lineup – Jimenez (GK), Calderon, Orozco, Briseno, Mozo, Beltran, Gonzalez, Gutierrez, Alvarado, Marin & Brizuela

Santos Laguna

Laguneros’ last official game was a 3-2 loss at Estadio Leon. We saw last season that coach Repetto’s boys have difficulties performing away from home, and we believe that Harold Preciado and his colleagues will fail to disprove our Guadalajara vs Santos Laguna predictions this week.

Predicted lineup – Lopez (GK), Campos, Prieto, Torres, Govea, Cervantes, Vargas, Brunetta, Vergara, Rodrigez & Preciado

Player to Watch: Harold Preciado

Harold Preciado is deservedly receiving a shoutout in our Guadalajara vs Santos Laguna prediction. He was among the top scorers in the 2023/24 Apertura, and we are sure that he’ll be the one to lead Laguneros’ attack at Estadio Akron. If the Goats want to win anything from this match, they’ll have to be very careful with Harold Preciado, as he’s definitely the sort of player who can make an instant impact for his club.

Starting Lineups

Chivas Guadalajara

Chivas Guadalajara
4-4-2
27
Jose Raul Rangel Aguilar
mx
3
Gilberto Sepulveda
mx
50
Mateo Chavez Garcia
mx
13
Jesus Orozco
mx
17
Jesus Sanchez
mx
20
Fernando Beltran
mx
5
Victor Guzman
mx
6
Pavel Perez
mx
15
Erick Gutierrez
mx
25
Roberto Alvarado
mx
9
Jose Macias
mx
Substitutes
29
Alan Torres
mx
30
Oscar Whalley
es
34
Armando Gonzalez
mx
32
Juan Jesus Brigido Chen
mx
31
Jonathan Padilla
mx
47
Gael Garcia
mx
60
Luis Enrique Ledesma Hurtado
mx
2
Alan Mozo
mx
28
Ruben Gonzalez
mx
4
Antonio Briseno
mx

Santos Laguna

Santos Laguna
4-2-3-1
1
Carlos Acevedo
mx
2
Omar Chagoya
mx
4
Santiago Nunez
ar
21
Doria
br
3
Ismael Govea
mx
6
Alan Cervantes
mx
10
Franco Fagundez
uy
11
Duvan Vergara
co
18
Pedro Aquino
pe
24
Diego Medina
mx
7
Harold Preciado
co
Substitutes
181
Emanuel Echeverria
mx
23
Raul Lopez
mx
183
Juan Pablo Tejeda
mx
16
Aldo Lopez
mx
13
Jesus Ocejo
mx
190
Salvador Mariscal
mx
17
Jair Gonzalez
mx
33
Hector Holguin
mx
19
Santiago Munoz
mx
184
Luis Espinoza
mx

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.