Chicago Fire vs Vancouver Whitecaps Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 31/08/2023

Chicago Fire
31/08/23 - 01:30

Finished

0

-

1

ca

Chicago Fire - Vancouver Whitecaps

USA MLS - Soldier Field

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Chicago Fire vs Vancouver Whitecaps Betting Tips and Picks

Soldier Field will host the much-anticipated Chicago Fire vs Vancouver Whitecaps head-to-head on the 31st of August. Stay tuned for exclusive Chicago Fire vs Vancouver Whitecaps betting tips.

Check out our website for more MLS predictions.

Vancouver Whitecaps to Win

  • Vancouver won two of their last three Major League Soccer games.
  • Vancouver Whitecaps have the head-to-head advantage, with five victories, two draws, and three games lost.
  • Chicago Fire’s manager Frank Klopas has a negative 2-2-3 record against Vancouver Whitecaps.

BTTS

  • Three of the last five Chicago Fire vs Vancouver Whitecaps head-to-heads saw goals galore.
  • Three of Chicago Fire’s last four outings had both teams scoring.
  • A whopping six of Vancouver’s last seven matches had BTTS.

Chicago Fire vs Vancouver Whitecaps H2H Record and Bookmakers

These Chicago Fire vs Vancouver Whitecaps odds were brought to you by two of our favorite MLS bookies – DraftKings and BetMGM.

Head to Head

24/07/22

USA MLS USA

ca

Vancouver Whitecaps

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

1

3

23/07/20

USA MLS is Back Tournament USA

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

ca

Vancouver Whitecaps

0

2

13/04/19

USA MLS USA

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

ca

Vancouver Whitecaps

1

1

08/07/18

USA MLS USA

ca

Vancouver Whitecaps

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

3

2

02/07/17

USA MLS USA

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

ca

Vancouver Whitecaps

4

0

Last Five - Chicago Fire

19/05/24

USA MLS USA

Columbus Crew

Columbus Crew

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

3

1

L

16/05/24

USA MLS USA

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

1

0

L

12/05/24

USA MLS USA

St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

3

1

L

05/05/24

USA MLS USA

New England Revolution

New England Revolution

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

1

0

L

28/04/24

USA MLS USA

Atlanta United

Atlanta United

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

0

0

D

Chicago Fire odds: +112 – 44.0%

Draw odds: +265 – 26.8%

Vancouver Whitecaps odds: +230 – 29.2%

Understandably, Chicago Fire are the bookmakers’ expected winners at +112 (44.0% win probability). The home-field advantage at Soldier Field is enough to keep the visitors far from the three points this week. Vancouver Whitecaps’ win probability is set at 29.2%, with odds standing at +230. Meanwhile, a draw is also a viable betting option. There’s a 26.8% likelihood that the two managers will share the spoils at Soldier Field this week.

Chicago Fire vs Vancouver Whitecaps Lineups & Team News

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire’s performance this season is undoubtedly mediocre. With eight victories, eight draws, and eight losses, it’s only logical that the team ranks 9th. Currently, the team has a place in the final series’ playoffs but if coach Klopas wants to book his team’s place in the next stage of MLS soccer, he’d have to prove our Chicago Fire vs Vancouver Whitecaps predictions wrong.

Predicted lineup – Richey (GK), Dean, Pineda, Teran, Navarro, Doumbia, Gimenez, Haile-Selassie, Shaqiri, Gutierrez & Koutsias

Vancouver Whitecaps

With 38 goals scored and only 33 conceded, you could make the argument that Vancouver Whitecaps are enjoying a positive 2023 Major League Soccer season. However, Vanni Sartini’s boys should shake the rustiness off as they allowed San Jose Earthquakes to defeat them after making only one shot on target.

Predicted lineup – Takaoka (GK), Laborda, Veselinovic, Blackmon, Cubas, Laryea, Raposo, Schopf, Vite, White & Cordova

Player to Watch: Xherdan Shaqiri

Without a doubt, Xherdan Shaqiri deserves to be the player to watch in our Chicago Fire vs Vancouver Whitecaps prediction. The former Liverpool superstar is one of the top players in Major League Soccer at the moment. The Swiss midfielder is coach Klopas’ big star and it wouldn’t be too surprising to see him among the starters against Vancouver Whitecaps. Xherdan already scored on three occasions this season and provided teammates with three assists.

Starting Lineups

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire
4-2-3-1
6
Miguel Navarro
ve
10
Xherdan Shaqiri
ch
23
Kei Kamara
sl
Substitutes
19
Georgios Koutsias
gr

Vancouver Whitecaps

ca
3-1-4-2
23
Javain Brown
jm
4
Ranko Veselinovic
rs
7
Richie Laryea
ca
22
Ali Ahmed
ca
Substitutes
9
Sergio Cordova
ve
3
Sam Adekugbe
ca
2
Mathias Laborda
uy

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Chicago Fire vs Vancouver Whitecaps Prediction


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.