Houston Dynamo vs St. Louis City prediction, odds & betting tips – 05/05/2024

Houston Dynamo
05/05/24 - 01:30

Finished

0

-

0

St. Louis City SC

Houston Dynamo - St. Louis City SC

USA MLS - Shell Energy Stadium

Houston Dynamo vs St. Louis City Prediction
Photo by Icon Sport

Shell Energy Stadium will host the interesting Major League Soccer game between Houston Dynamo and St. Louis City on the 5th of May. We expect to see a very tight game between two equally good teams, but make sure to check out our key Houston Dynamo vs St. Louis City betting tips before placing your wagers on this game.

For more exclusive MLS predictions, visit our website.

Houston Dynamo vs St. Louis City prediction: Teams to share the spoils

Houston Dynamo vs St. Louis City predictions
Our pick

🔥Hot tip

Draw

⚽ Correct score prediction

Houston Dynamo 1-1 St. Louis City

💥 Both teams to score

Yes

Key Stats

  • Houston Dynamo have the home-field advantage, but St. Louis City are performing slightly better in the direct games, which is a plus in favor of our Houston Dynamo vs St. Louis City predictions.
  • We saw goals galore in two of the last three head-to-heads.
  • Louis City have the most draws in Major League Soccer this season (6).

Pre-game odds and win probability: Olsen’s boys will fail despite odds

  • HOME: -105 – 50.5%
  • DRAW: +270 – 25.5%
  • AWAY: +290 – 24.0%

*These Houston Dynamo vs St. Louis City odds are subject to change

Houston Dynamo are the expected winners here, as coach Ben Olsen’s players have a staggering 50.5% win probability at -105. In the meantime, an away team win is priced at +290, giving coach Bradley a 24.0% shot at the three points. Perhaps a draw at +270 is the best bet you can make, as the two teams have a 25.5% chance of sharing the spoils.

Last five H2Hs: Slight St. Louis advantage

CONCACAF Champions Cup 28/02/24

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

1
St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

0

CONCACAF Champions Cup 21/02/24

St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

2
Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

1

USA MLS 17/09/23

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

1
St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

1

USA MLS 04/06/23

St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

3
Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

0

Coach Bradley Carnell’s boys have a slight advantage in the direct games, but we believe a draw is far likelier.

Houston Dynamo team news and form: Dorsey suspended

Griffin Dorsey is suspended and will not partake in the match against St. Louis City this week. He saw the red in the 5th minute of the game against Dallas last week, and will now sit a couple of games out for Houston Dynamo.

Predicted lineup: Clark (GK), Bartlow, Micael, Escobar, Smith, Artur, Carrasquila, Aliyu, Bassi, Blessing & Kowalczyk

USA MLS 18/07/24

W

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

0

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

1

USA MLS 14/07/24

D

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

1

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

1

USA MLS 04/07/24

L

Real Salt Lake

Real Salt Lake

3

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

2

USA MLS 30/06/24

W

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

0

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

1

USA MLS 22/06/24

W

DC United

DC United

1

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

4

St. Louis City team news and form: St. Louis City seem unbeatable

With two victories, six draws, and only one match lost since the start of the campaign, St. Louis City truly seem like an unbeatable foe at the moment. The team had a fantastic 2023 MLS campaign, which was their debut display, and we are sure that coach Carnell’s boys will do their very best to win the 2024 MLS title.

Predicted lineup: Burki (GK), Markanich, Hiebert, Parker, Totland, Durkin, Ostrak, Vassilev, Pompeu, Alm & Klauss

USA MLS 18/07/24

L

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

2

St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

0

USA MLS 14/07/24

L

Vancouver Whitecaps

Vancouver Whitecaps

4

St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

1

USA MLS 08/07/24

L

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

4

St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

1

USA MLS 04/07/24

W

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

0

St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

2

USA MLS 30/06/24

L

Vancouver Whitecaps

Vancouver Whitecaps

4

St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

3

Player to watch: Joao Klauss

If Joao Klauss has a good day, Houston Dynamo will be in trouble. The Brazilian goalscoring magician has been at his lethal best for St. Louis City since he joined the team, and we are convinced he will do well against this opponent once more.

Houston Dynamo vs St. Louis City plauyer
Photo by Icon Sport

Joao Klauss can make a difference

Joao was the top goalscorer for his team last season, and he is doing a fine job in 2024 as well. So far, Joao Klauss has scored a total of three goals and supplied teammates with two assists. He will surely help make our Houston Dynamo vs St. Louis City predictions a success.


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.