San Jose Earthquakes vs Chicago Fire prediction, odds & betting tips – 07/08/2024

San Jose Earthquakes vs Chicago Fire prediction, odds & betting tips – 07/08/2024
Two of the weakest teams in MLS right now go up against each other - Photo by Icon Sport
🔥 Our Hot tip

Over 3.5 total goals

Both of SJ Earthquakes' starting goalkeepers are injured and will miss the match against Chicago Fire.

The battle of the underdogs in Major League Soccer pits San Jose Earthquakes against Chicago Fire. The game will be played at PayPal Park on the 8th of July and we don’t have any favorites at all. Stay tuned for the inside scoop on our professional San Jose Earthquakes vs Chicago Fire betting tips below.

Our professional MLS predictions are located on our website. Don’t miss out!

San Jose Earthquakes vs Chicago Fire prediction: No victors at PayPal Park

Key Stats

  • We have a stalemate in the direct games between the two teams, as the last 11 games resulted in five victories for the Quakes, one draw, and five Chicago Fire wins.
  • Chicago Fire have the 2nd-weakest defense in the Eastern Conference, with 39 goals conceded this season.
  • San Jose, on the other hand, have the absolute worst defensive record, with 56 goals allowed.

Correct score prediction: San Jose Earthquakes 2-2 Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire’s last official away game in Major League Soccer resulted in a 2-1 loss. That result is very close to what we are expecting to see at PayPal Park, but given how poorly the two teams have been doing in defense, we believe a 2-2 draw between San Jose and Chicago Fire shouldn’t surprise anybody.

Pre-game odds and win probability: Quakes not used to being favorites

  • HOME: +107 – 48.4%
  • DRAW: +270 – 24.0%
  • AWAY: +230 – 27.6%

*These San Jose Earthquakes vs Chicago Fire odds are subject to change

SJ Earthquakes are the expected winners, with a massive 48.4% win probability at +107. A tie is priced at +270, giving the two teams a 24.0% chance of sharing the spoils at PayPal Park, and a Chicago Fire victory is valued at +230 (27.6%).

Given how the two teams recently played, we are sure that over 3.5 goals is a very likely outcome for this match. The odds are priced at +127, which means our key San Jose Earthquakes vs Chicago Fire prediction has about a 44.05% success chance.

Last five H2Hs: San Jose and Chicago Fire at it again

Make the most of these interesting San Jose Earthquakes vs Chicago Fire head-to-head statistics.

USA MLS 04/07/22

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

2
Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

1

USA MLS is Back Tournament 20/07/20

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

0
San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

2

USA MLS 18/05/19

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

4
Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

1

USA MLS 03/06/18

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

2
San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

1

USA MLS 28/09/17

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

1
Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

4

San Jose Earthquakes team news and form: Luchi Gonzalez sacked!

San Jose Earthquakes’ men in charge had enough of Gonzalez. They sacked the memorable coach and appointed Ian Russell in charge of the team. We are sure that the 48-year-old manager has some nice ideas, but it will take time before his efforts bear fruit.

Predicted lineup: Yarbrough (GK), Costa, Beason, Rodrigues, Munie, Yueill, Tsakiris, Skahan, Espinoza, Judd & Kikanovic

USA MLS 21/07/24

L

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

2

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

0

USA MLS 18/07/24

L

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

1

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

0

USA MLS 14/07/24

L

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

2

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

1

USA MLS 08/07/24

W

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

0

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

1

USA MLS 04/07/24

L

St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

2

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

0

Chicago Fire team news and form: Klopas’ boys need to do better

With five victories, six draws, and 10 losses since the start of the season, Chicago Fire are a few steps away from the bottom of the table. If the players want to partake in the final series, they’d have to show us something else.

Predicted lineup: Brady (GK), Souquet, Omsberg, Czichos, Dean, Herbers, Acosta, Gutierrez, Arigoni, Cuypers & Haile-Selassie

USA MLS 20/07/24

L

Inter Miami CF

Inter Miami CF

2

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

1

USA MLS 17/07/24

W

FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati

0

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

1

USA MLS 14/07/24

D

New York City FC

New York City FC

0

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

0

USA MLS 08/07/24

L

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

1

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

0

USA MLS 04/07/24

W

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

3

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

4

Player to watch: Hugo Cuypers

Xherdan Shaqiri is still not back from the Euro 2024. Ergo, we have Hugo Cuypers as the player to watch in our San Jose Earthquakes vs Chicago Fire prediction. He bagged nine goals for Chicago Fire this season, and is the leading finisher for his manager.

San Jose Earthquakes vs Chicago Fire Player
SJ Earthquakes must be careful with Cuypers – Photo by Icon Sport

Second player to watch: Fabian Herbers

The top Chicago Fire creator this season will also be under the spotlight this week. Herbers provided teammates with four assists, so he definitely deservers to be among the starters against San Jose.


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.