Charlotte vs Orlando City Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 31/08/2023

Charlotte FC
31/08/23 - 00:30

Finished

1

-

1

Orlando City SC

Charlotte FC - Orlando City SC

USA MLS - Bank of America Stadium

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Charlotte vs Orlando City Predictions and MLS Betting Tips

Coach Christian Lattanzio’s Charlotte will go up against Orlando City on the 31st of August. It’s a can’t-miss game between the new kid on the block and the Lions. Find out who our favorite is in the Charlotte vs Orlando City betting tips and picks below.

Check out our website for more MLS predictions.

1-2 to Orlando City

  • Two of the four Charlotte vs Orlando City head-to-heads ended 2-1 in favor of the Lions.
  • Orlando City won three of their last four games in all tournaments.
  • Coach Christian Lattanzio’s side’s defensive record is the worst in the Eastern Conference, with 40 goals conceded throughout 23 league games.

Over 2.5 Goals

  • 75.0% of all Charlotte vs Orlando City head-to-heads saw over 2.5 goals.
  • Seven of the last eight Orlando City games had over 2.5 goals after 90 minutes of soccer.
  • The Lions alone scored three in their last Major League Soccer game against Chicago Fire on the 21st of August.

Key Charlotte vs Orlando City Head-to-Head Stats and Betting Odds

With the help of Football Whispers’ experts, you now have at your disposal the top Charlotte vs Orlando City odds for this game.

Head to Head

10/05/23

USA US Open Cup USA

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

1

0

18/03/23

USA MLS USA

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

1

2

22/08/22

USA MLS USA

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

1

2

01/05/22

USA MLS USA

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

2

1

Last Five - Charlotte FC

25/02/24

USA MLS USA

New York City FC

New York City FC

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

0

1

W

17/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

0

0

D

10/02/24

World Club Friendlies World

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

0

1

W

10/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

0

1

W

07/02/24

World Club Friendlies World

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

0

3

W

Last Five - Orlando City SC

25/02/24

USA MLS USA

ca

CF Montreal

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

0

0

D

22/02/24

CONCACAF Champions League CCL

Cavalry FC

Cavalry FC

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

0

3

W

18/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

2

3

W

14/02/24

World Club Friendlies World

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

0

1

W

14/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

0

1

W

Charlotte odds: +150 – 39.1%

Draw odds: +255 – 25.0%

Orlando City odds: +172 – 35.9%

If the game were played at Exploria Stadium, Orlando City would’ve been the expected winners. Alas, that’s not the case. Charlotte are the favorites to win at +150 (39.1% win probability), while Orlando City barely keep a 35.9% likelihood of poaching the three points away from coach Christian Lattanzio’s hands. A draw at +255 is also a viable betting option – 25.0% win probability.

Charlotte vs Orlando City Lineups & Team News

Charlotte

With 40 goals conceded in barely 23 Major League Soccer games, there was no way coach Lattanzio’s side could be the favorite in our Charlotte vs Orlando City prediction. The Italian manager has to address the issues at the back, as his defense has more holes than Swiss cheese.

Predicted lineup – Kahlina (GK), Sobocinski, Byrne, Corujo, Tuiloma, Bronico, Arfield, Westwood, Swiderski, Vargas, Jozwiak

Orlando City

With 11 victories, seven draws, and barely six matches lost, the Lions rank 4th in the Eastern Conference and are prime candidates for a place in the final series. Coach Pareja’s boys were even close to causing an upset against in-form Inter Miami a couple of days ago.

Predicted lineup – Gallese (GK), Santos, Jansson, Schlegel, Borhallsson, Araujo, Cartagena, Torres, Pereyra, Angulo & McGuire

Player to Watch: Facundo Torres

Duncan McGuire and Facundo Torres are in a vicious fight to become Orlando City’s top scorers this season. Both of them have scored eight goals this season but we fancy Torres’ chance on the 31st of August. He’ll undoubtedly make an impact on our Charlotte vs Orlando City predictions, as he’s also the 3rd-best creator, with three assists to his name. Facundo Torres operates on the right wing of the pitch – a position that Charlotte are known for having issues.

Starting Lineups

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC
4-3-3
11
Karol Swiderski
pl
Substitutes
22
Justin Meram
iq
3
Jere Uronen
fi

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC
4-2-3-1
1
Pedro Gallese
pe
23
Dagur Dan Thorhallsson
is
3
Rafael Santos
br
5
Cesar Araujo
uy
17
Facundo Torres
uy
Substitutes
11
Martin Ojeda
ar

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Charlotte vs Orlando City Prediction


Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.