New York City vs Montreal Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 31/08/2023

New York City FC
31/08/23 - 00:30

Finished

2

-

0

ca

New York City FC - CF Montreal

USA MLS - Yankee Stadium

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

New York City vs Montreal Predictions from Football Whispers

Nick Cushing’s New York City and Losada’s Montreal will lock horns on the 31st of August. Let’s quickly go through these New York City vs Montreal betting tips to get a better understanding of the two teams’ win probabilities.

If you want more MLS predictions, visit Football Whispers’ website.

New York City to Win

  • In four of the last five New York City vs Montreal matches, we saw victories for coach Cushing’s side.
  • The manager himself has a great 2-1-0 record against Montreal.
  • Meanwhile, Hernan Losada’s record against New York City consists of one win and three losses in four official games.

Under 2.5 Goals

  • Three of the last five New York City vs Montreal head-to-heads had two or fewer goals.
  • The goalless tie is the most common occurrence in this rivalry, responsible for 20.0% of the last 10 results.
  • With 25 goals scored this season, New York City have the 4th-worst attacking record in the Eastern Conference.

Exclusive New York City vs Montreal H2H Record and Betting Odds

If you go through these graphics, you’ll find solid data concerning the New York City vs Montreal odds.

Head to Head

02/07/23

USA MLS USA

ca

CF Montreal

New York City FC

New York City FC

0

1

23/10/22

USA MLS Play-Offs USA

ca

CF Montreal

New York City FC

New York City FC

1

3

31/07/22

USA MLS USA

ca

CF Montreal

New York City FC

New York City FC

0

0

12/03/22

USA MLS USA

New York City FC

New York City FC

ca

CF Montreal

4

1

29/01/22

America Friendlies America

New York City FC

New York City FC

ca

CF Montreal

2

2

Last Five - New York City FC

13/04/24

USA MLS USA

New England Revolution

New England Revolution

New York City FC

New York City FC

0

2

W

06/04/24

USA MLS USA

Atlanta United

Atlanta United

New York City FC

New York City FC

1

1

D

30/03/24

USA MLS USA

Inter Miami CF

Inter Miami CF

New York City FC

New York City FC

1

1

D

23/03/24

USA MLS USA

FC Cincinnati

FC Cincinnati

New York City FC

New York City FC

1

0

L

16/03/24

USA MLS USA

Toronto FC

Toronto FC

New York City FC

New York City FC

1

2

W

New York City odds: -133 – 56.3%

Draw odds: +270 – 26.7%

Montreal odds: +380 – 17.0%

As you can see from the New York City vs Montreal odds above, coach Losada’s boys are underdogs in this MLS match at Yankee Stadium, with only a 17.0% win probability. New York City, on the other hand, are the expected winners, as coach Cushing’s side contains a massive 56.3% shot at the three points. A draw is also a good betting option, as it has a 26.7% likelihood at +270.

New York City vs Montreal Lineups & Team News

New York City

New York City’s last loss against Montreal came on the 8th of July, 2021. Surely, Nick Cushing would want to prove our New York City vs Montreal predictions correct with a win over the Canucks this week. New York City have 11 draws this season, so there’s a chance Cushing’s side might share the spoils with their rivals if they aren’t careful.

Predicted lineup – Barraza (GK), Gray, Martins, Risa, Cufre, Sands, Parks, Rodriguez, Pellegrini, Moralez & Bakrar

Montreal

Despite Montreal’s 2-3 win last week, we picked the home team’s players as favorites in our New York City vs Montreal prediction. Why? Because who didn’t defeat Toronto? The Canucks have nine losses on the spin. Beating them 2-3 is nothing to brag about with.

Predicted lineup – Sirois (GK), Corbo, Waterman, Campbell, Herrera, Piette, Saliba, Choiniere, Duke, Vilsaint & Opoku

Player to Watch: Gabriel Pereira

Right-wing Gabriel Pereira deserves to be the player to watch in our New York City vs Montreal prediction this week. He’s New York City’s top scorer, with six goals to his name in the 2023 Major League Soccer campaign and it would be surprising to see him on the bench at Yankee Stadium against Montreal. We believe coach Nick Cushing will give him a chance to bump his tally with a goal or two on the 31st of August.

Starting Lineups

New York City FC

New York City FC
4-2-3-1
20
Richard Ledezma
us
9
Monsef Bakrar
dz
Substitutes
35
Mitja Ilenic
si
11
Julian Fernandez
ar

CF Montreal

ca
3-4-1-2
16
Joel Waterman
ca
15
Zachary Brault Guillard
ca
6
Samuel Piette
ca
29
Mathieu Choiniere
ca
Substitutes
4
Fernando Alvarez
co
9
Chinonso Offor
ng
2
Victor Wanyama
ke
41
James Pantemis
ca

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

New York City vs Montreal Prediction


Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.