Minnesota United vs Seattle Sounders Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 27/08/2023

Minnesota United FC
27/08/23 - 21:30

Finished

1

-

1

Seattle Sounders

Minnesota United FC - Seattle Sounders

USA MLS - Allianz Field

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Minnesota United vs Seattle Sounders Betting Tips and Betting Lines

Coach Brian Schmetzer and his beloved Seattle Sounders will try to chip points away from Minnesota United on the 27th of August. We anticipate a tight clash but more about what you can expect from Sunday’s duel you can find out in the Minnesota United vs Seattle Sounders predictions below.

Check out our website for more MLS predictions.

Seattle Sounders to Win

  • Minnesota United won only one of their last five official games.
  • Seattle Sounders are a nightmare for Minnesota United to face, as the last 10 games ended in eight victories for Brian Schmetzer’s boys, one draw, and only one Minnesota United win.
  • Coach Adrian Heath has a miserable 1-1-12 record against Seattle Sounders.

Under 2.5 Goals

  • Three of the past five Minnesota United vs Seattle Sounders head-to-heads saw under 2.5 goals.
  • The 1-0 victory is the most common occurrence in this rivalry, responsible for 40.0% of the last 10 showdowns.
  • Minnesota United’s last MLS game ended 1-1 against 2022 Major League Soccer champions Los Angeles FC.

Minnesota United vs Seattle Sounders Head-to-Head Statistics

TwinSpires and DraftKings provided us with these sensational Minnesota United vs Seattle Sounders odds for the game on the 27th of August. Make sure to grab the bookies’ offers!

Head to Head

23/04/23

USA MLS USA

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

1

0

15/05/22

USA MLS USA

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

3

1

03/04/22

USA MLS USA

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

1

2

11/09/21

USA MLS USA

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

1

0

18/07/21

USA MLS USA

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

1

0

Last Five - Minnesota United FC

14/04/24

USA MLS USA

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

2

1

L

07/04/24

USA MLS USA

Real Salt Lake

Real Salt Lake

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

1

1

D

30/03/24

USA MLS USA

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

2

0

L

17/03/24

USA MLS USA

Los Angeles FC

Los Angeles FC

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

0

2

W

10/03/24

USA MLS USA

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

2

3

W

Last Five - Seattle Sounders

14/04/24

USA MLS USA

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

0

0

D

07/04/24

USA MLS USA

CF Montreal

CF Montreal

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

0

5

W

31/03/24

USA MLS USA

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

1

0

L

24/03/24

USA MLS USA

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

3

2

L

16/03/24

USA MLS USA

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

1

1

D

Minnesota United odds: +120 – 42.0%

Draw odds: +235 – 28.3%

Seattle Sounders odds: +240 – 29.7%

As you can see from the odds in our Minnesota United vs Seattle Sounders prediction, we have coach Brian Schmetzer down as the underdogs ahead of Sunday’s game, with only a 29.7% win probability at +240. Meanwhile, Minnesota United’s odds are priced at +120 and they imply a convincing 42.0% win chance, which is enough to make Adrian Heath’s boys the expected winners. A draw is valued at +235 (28.3%), and it wouldn’t be too surprising to see these two evenly matched sides share the spoils on the 27th of August.

Minnesota United vs Seattle Sounders Lineups & Team News

Minnesota United

One of Minnesota United’s most humiliating results this season was recorded just a few days ago. Coach Adrian Heath’s players were eager to show they are no pushovers against Nashville in the Leagues Cup game at GEODIS Park, yet his boys got thrashed 5-0 by Hany Mukhtar and his colleagues.

Predicted lineup – Clair (GK), Bristow, Tapias, Boxall, Taylor, Trapp, Dotson, Reynoso, Rosales, Hlongwane & Pukki

Seattle Sounders

A huge plus in favor of our Minnesota United vs Seattle Sounders predictions is coach Brian Schmetzer’s fantastic record against Minnesota United. He faced this opponent on 13 occasions, during which he won 11 games, lost only once, and shared the spoils only once.

Predicted lineup – Frei (GK), Roldan, Gomez, Ragen, Tolo, Rusnak, Paolo, Morris, Lodeiro, Chu & Ruidiaz

Player to Watch: Jordan Morris

Not surprisingly, Jordan Morris remains the only player in the 2023 Major League Soccer season to score four goals in a single match. The US winger was brilliant in the game against Sporting Kansas City at Children’s Mercy Park on the 26th of March. A couple of months have passed since then but Morris just keeps scoring for coach Schmetzer. With nine goals to his name in the 2023 Major League Soccer goalscoring charts, Morris will surely try to prove our Minnesota United vs Seattle Sounders predictions right and make a reach for the Top Scorer award this season.

Starting Lineups

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC
4-2-3-1
97
Dayne St. Clair
ca
27
D.J. Taylor
us
15
Michael Boxall
nz
4
Miguel Tapias
mx
5
Ethan Bristow
gb
24
Jan Gregus
sk
20
Wil Trapp
us
31
Hassani Dotson
us
10
Emanuel Reynoso
ar
8
Joseph Rosales
hn
22
Teemu Pukki
fi
Substitutes
18
Ismael Tajouri-Shradi
at
3
Zarek Valentin
pr
13
Eric Dick
us
28
Mender Garcia
co
11
Sang-bin Jeong
kr
14
Brent Kallman
us
7
Franco Fragapane
ar
1
Clinton Irwin
us
12
Bakaye Dibassy
fr

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders
4-2-3-1
24
Stefan Frei
ch
16
Alex Roldan
sv
28
Yeimar Gomez Andrade
co
25
Jackson Ragen
us
5
Nouhou Tolo
cm
6
Joao Paulo
br
73
Obed Vargas
us
11
Albert Rusnak
sk
10
Nicolas Lodeiro
uy
13
Jordan Morris
us
9
Raul Ruidiaz
pe
Substitutes
77
Sota Kitahara
us
84
Josh Atencio
us
12
Fredy Montero
co
23
Leo Chu
br
19
Heber
br
35
Paul Rothrock
us
30
Stefan Cleveland
us
3
Xavier Arreaga
ec
33
Cody Baker
us

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Minnesota United vs Seattle Sounders Prediction


Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.