In this article, we will review the upcoming Liga MX game between Cruz Azul and Leon on the 9th of October. We anticipate a great game between Cruz Azul and Leon.
Cruz Azul vs Leon: essential predictions and picks
Cruz Azul weren’t doing so great last season as well yet the team won the Campeon de Campeones with ease.
- 1 Cruz Azul vs Leon: essential predictions and picks
- 2 Squad insight for Cruz Azul vs Leon
- 3 Interesting Cruz Azul vs Leon betting odds and head-to-head statistics
- 4 Cruz Azul’s players want to prove the critics wrong
- 5 Frequently asked questions about the Cruz Azul vs Leon game
Cruz Azul will win this game
The team has four consecutive victories in Liga MX. Meanwhile, Leon has three victories, one loss, and one draw in the last five league games. The head-to-heads are certainly in Cruz Azul’s favor. Six of the last 10 games were won by Cruz Azul. One game ended in a draw and Leon emerged victoriously on three occasions. We anticipate another routine victory for Cruz Azul in this clash.
Both teams to score – no
Six of the last 10 games between Cruz Azul and Leon ended with only one team scoring the goals. Three of the last four games at Aztec Stadium between Cruz Azul and Leon ended in exactly that way. Just recently Cruz Azul and Leon faced each other in the Apertura and the game ended with a narrow 2:1 victory for Cruz Azul. Leon barely managed to score one goal in that game and we believe they will find it more difficult to do so this week.
Squad insight for Cruz Azul vs Leon
There are just a few minor injury issues for this clash.
Cruz Azul’s lineup
The key players missing for Cruz Azul for this game are Ramiro Funes Mori and Alejandro Mayorga. Both of them are injured. Uriel Antuna will most likely be in the starting XI for this game. He has a total of 1,365 minutes of playing time this season.
David Ramirez’s injury will keep him out of this clash as well. We expect to see Lucas Di Yorio in the starting XI. He is still in the best goal-scorer race this season as he has scored eight goals for Leon so far.
Interesting Cruz Azul vs Leon betting odds and head-to-head statistics
Here’s a list of the most interesting Cruz Azul vs Leon stats and odds:
Cruz Azul’s players want to prove the critics wrong
At the start of the season Cruz Azul were just abysmal. The team was dropping points left and right. The highlight of Cruz Azul’s downfall was undoubtedly the 7:0 loss against Club America. Now, things have taken a drastic change as Cruz Azul is the team with the best Liga MX momentum with four consecutive victories. Meanwhile, Necaxa barely made it into the final series play-offs.
Frequently asked questions about the Cruz Azul vs Leon game
- Which TV network will broadcast this game? – You can watch Cruz Azul vs Leon on TUDN.
- Which bookmaker would you recommend for a successful Cruz Azul vs Leon bet? – You might want to give BetRivers a chance for this Liga MX game.
- Is Juan Escobar playing in this game? – Sadly, no. The cruciate ligament rupture will keep Juan Escobar out of the game until March.