San Jose Earthquakes vs LA Galaxy Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 31/08/2023

San Jose Earthquakes
31/08/23 - 03:30

Finished

2

-

3

LA Galaxy

San Jose Earthquakes - LA Galaxy

USA MLS - Earthquakes Stadium

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

San Jose Earthquakes vs LA Galaxy Predictions and Picks

Coach Vanney has to win points on the 31st of August but San Jose Earthquakes seem unbeatable at the moment. Will LA Galaxy manage to scrape anything? Find out the answer in the San Jose Earthquakes vs LA Galaxy betting tips below.

Check out our website for more MLS predictions.

Draw

  • The last 10 games between the two teams saw four SJ Earthquakes wins, four LA Galaxy victories, and two draws.
  • LA Galaxy have more draws this season than they have victories – six victories and seven draws.
  • In eight of San Jose Earthquakes’ 25 games this season, coach Luchi Gonzalez’s boys shared the spoils.

Over 2.5 Goals

  • Six San Jose vs LA Galaxy games on the spin ended in over 2.5 goals.
  • 80.0% of the last 10 showdowns saw over 2.5 goals.
  • With 37 goals conceded in the 2023 MLS race, LA Galaxy have the weakest backline in the business.

Essential San Jose Earthquakes vs LA Galaxy Odds

The graphics below contain valuable San Jose Earthquakes vs LA Galaxy head-to-head statistics that you should be aware of before placing your Major League Soccer wager.

Head to Head

02/07/23

USA MLS USA

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

2

2

15/05/23

USA MLS USA

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

2

1

25/09/22

USA MLS USA

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

2

3

14/07/22

USA MLS USA

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

2

3

26/06/22

USA MLS USA

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

0

0

Last Five - San Jose Earthquakes

17/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

ca

Vancouver Whitecaps

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

1

1

D

14/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

0

1

W

10/02/24

World Club Friendlies World

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

1

0

L

10/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

1

0

L

07/02/24

World Club Friendlies World

New York City FC

New York City FC

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

2

2

D

Last Five - LA Galaxy

17/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

0

2

W

14/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

New York City FC

New York City FC

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

2

2

D

11/02/24

World Club Friendlies World

Austin FC

Austin FC

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

3

1

L

11/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Austin FC

Austin FC

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

3

1

L

07/02/24

World Club Friendlies World

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

3

0

L

San Jose Earthquakes odds: -121 – 53.8%

Draw odds: +280 – 24.0%

LA Galaxy odds: +325 – 22.2%

With a win probability of 22.2%, LA Galaxy are the underdogs in the match against San Jose Earthquakes on the 31st of August. Meanwhile, San Jose Earthquakes are the expected winners, with a massive 53.8% win probability. The home-field advantage gives Luchi Gonzalez’s boys the edge but you could opt for a draw at +280. There’s a convincing 24.0% likelihood that the 22 on the pitch will share the spoils.

San Jose Earthquakes vs LA Galaxy Lineups & Team News

San Jose Earthquakes

Despite getting thrashed 3-0 at Children’s Mercy Park last week, we believe Luchi Gonzalez’s boys have what it takes to chip a point away from their rivals on the 31st of August. That’s why our San Jose Earthquakes vs LA Galaxy predictions are in favor of an even game at PayPal Park.

Predicted lineup – Daniel (GK), Beason, Rodrigues, Akapo, Trauco, Gruezo, Baldisimo, Espinoza, Monteiro, Cowell & Ebobisse

LA Galaxy

With barely 25 points to their name, LA Galaxy’s players are getting dangerously close to the bottom of the Western Conference’s table, currently held by coach Fraser’s Rapids. Colorado Rapids are seven points away from LA Galaxy but if Vanney’s boys aren’t careful, they might find themselves hit rock bottom sooner rather than later.

Predicted lineup – Micovic (GK), Calegari, Neal, Vazquez, Aude, Aguirre, Rossell, Puig, Costa, Joveljic & Boyd

Player to Watch: Riqui Puig

With a market value of €12m, Riqui Puig is coach Greg Vanney’s highest-prized asset. The agile Spanish midfielder is e true menace in the center of the pitch, and if our San Jose Earthquakes vs LA Galaxy predictions succeed, it would be because manager Gonzalez and his boys managed to nullify Puig. The former Barcelona starlet is proving to be a valuable player under coach Vanney’s rule, and we can’t wait to see how well he’ll perform against the Quakes.

Starting Lineups

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes
4-2-3-1
42
Daniel
br
29
Carlos Akapo
gq
4
Jonathan Mensah
gh
21
Miguel Trauco
pe
7
Carlos Gruezo
ec
14
Jackson Yueill
us
35
Jamiro Monteiro
cv
44
Cade Cowell
us
Substitutes
12
Matthew Hoppe
us
9
Ayo Akinola
ca

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy
4-2-3-1
15
Eriq Zavaleta
sv
4
Maya Yoshida
jp
44
Raheem Edwards
ca
20
Edwin Cerrillo
us
11
Tyler Boyd
us
9
Dejan Joveljic
rs
Substitutes
12
Michael Barrios
co
18
Kelvin Leerdam
sr
3
Julian Aude
ar
17
Chris Mavinga
cd
21
Diego Fagundez
uy
27
Billy Sharp
gb

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

San Jose vs LA Galaxy Prediction


Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.