ESPN BET Promo Code 2023: Promotions & welcome bonuses for new bettors
Our exclusive ESPN Bet Promo Code entitles new players to $250 in bonus bets credited in $50 increments when they sign up and place any wager. The newly launched ESPN Bet combines the best ESPN’s wealth of sports content & analytics with PENN’s sports betting experience.
ESPN Bet Promo Code: Place Any Wager to Get $250 in Bonus Bets
ESPN Bet kicks things off on the right foot with an exclusive sign-up offer for new bettors. Using this special ESPN promo code is a cinch, but there are a few things to keep in mind during the sign-up process. That’s especially true if you already had a Penn wagering account through Barstool.
- As with all Penn Gaming’s sportsbooks, ESPN’s welcome offer is $200. It is credited to your account once you sign up with the promo code. For the $250 offer, you’ll want to use the exclusive promo code during registration.
- Things get a little confusing if you already have a Penn account and are looking to get started with ESPN Bet. That’s if you were a Barstool bettor. But don’t worry – you’ll qualify for the welcome bonus. Just sign up with the same email and enter the code. Your new account will reflect bonus bets on top of any existing balance.
- Place any wager worth over $1 to trigger the offer. You’ll get the $250 bonus in five equal chunks of $50. Four of them (a total of $200) will hit your account right away.
- The last $50 installment will be credited to your account within 48 hours of settling your first eligible bet.
The bonus bets that come with this offer are pretty straightforward. Only the winnings reflect on your balance, and not the bonus bets themselves. That’s why it makes sense to use them on positive-line bets that don’t pay out the stake.
Let’s consider a $50 bonus bet on Rhode Island Rams at +400 to win against the run of play versus Northwestern Wildcats. If Wildcats emerge winners, as expected, your wager losses and your bonus bets go puff. If the Rams win, you’ll profit $200, but the $50 stake won’t return to your balance.
- 1 ESPN Bet Promo Code: Place Any Wager to Get $250 in Bonus Bets
- 2 Current Offers and Promos at ESPN Bet
- 3 How to Sign Up Using ESPN Promo Code
- 4 Top Features and Perks of Betting with ESPN Bet
- 5 Helpful Tips for Betting on ESPN Bet
- 6 FAQs about ESPN Bet Promo Code and Betting
- 7 Placing a Bet on ESPN Bet
- 8 Available sports leagues on ESPN Bet
- 9 In-Play Live Betting on ESPN BET
- 10 Live Streaming on ESPN Bet
- 11 Mobile Betting Experience on ESPN Bet
- 12 ESPN Bet States: Where is ESPN Bet Legal?
- 13 ESPN Bet Review: Final Thoughts
What are the Terms and Conditions of the ESPN Bet Bonus Code?
As an obvious rule, the ESPN promo code is only valid for new bettors. The code is subject to a few other standard requirements:
Use of the bonus code
You must use the promo code when signing up. Of course, if you wish to stick with the standard bonus, no opt-in is required to be eligible for this offer. The bonus bets will be credited within 72 hours of creating an ESPN Bet account.
Who is eligible
The offer is only available to new users at ESPN Bet. You must be physically within the ESPN Bet legal states. We’re talking AZ, CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, OH, PA, TN, VA, or WV.
You must deposit a minimum of $10 to be eligible. However, placing any wager of $1 or over will trigger the bonus bets to be credited into your account. The bonus is available to bet on any league, sport, or event on the ESPN Bet app with odds of -200 or higher.
You can place pretty much any type of wager – be it a money line bet, points spread wager, round robins, prop bet, or an overs. The same goes for all pre-game and in-play markets.
Validity times – How long is the ESPN Bonus good for?
You have 7 days to use the bonus bets before they expire. The countdown starts as soon as the bonus bet rolls into your wagering account. The first 4x $50 bonus bets will grace your account once you place an eligible wager. The remaining $50 will come in 1-2 days later after your first qualifying bet has been settled.
Current Offers and Promos at ESPN Bet
The welcome offer comes in two flavors on the new sportsbook app. The $250 offer with the exclusive ESPN Bet promo code is only half the welcome touch. The other sign-up offer arrives in the form of a deposit match bonus.
We must admit that the promo page at ESPN Bet is a bit scanty. That’s quite disappointing given that it’s the new kid on the block. You won’t find any parlay boosts or cashback on losses.
The upside is that the sportsbook brings Penn Gaming’s stellar loyalty rewards into the fold. It also comes with casino offers for bettors in states with Hollywood Casino. The table below gives a breakdown of current offers and promos on the app.
$1,000 Deposit Match
New ESPN BET players who sign up will receive a 100% deposit match on their first deposit, up to $1000 in eligible cashback
Make Any Sportsbook Bet, Get $200 in Bonus Bets
Players creating a new ESPN Bet account will get $200 in bonus bets when they place any wager
The Green List
Weekly-updated list of odds-boosted events
Penn Play Program
New and existing players earn Penn Cash (comp points) for their play on ESPN Bet. Redeemable for promos, offers, and more
Welcome Bonus at ESPN Bet: $1,000 Deposit Match
Penn Entertainment isn't known to break out of the mold. Even before launching, we knew that the chances were good that the ESPN promo code would only give Barstool Sportsbook bonuses a new coat of paint. We’re right – the welcome offer is a carbon copy of former Barstool’s sign-up bonus.
The inside details pretty much follow suit. ESPN Bet welcomes new users with a 100% match up to $1,000 on their first deposit. A no-deposit bonus and cashback on initial losses are MIA except for the pre-launch offer on Thursday Night Football.
Users in 17 states can wager on the sportsbook app and site as ESPN Bet has already been launched. They include sports betting heavyweights, including ESPN Bet states like Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Illinois, where Penn Gaming has land-based licensing partners.
You’re eligible for the deposit match bonus as a new bettor. The bonus is credited into your account as eligible cashback. That Penn’s fancy cousin of rebate bonuses. It’s one way that the bookmarker makes you think there’s no playthrough requirement.
ESPN Welcome Offer Terms & Conditions
This is a fairly straightforward 100% deposit match bonus. ESPN Bet will match your deposit, dollar for dollar, up to $1,000. If you deposit $250, you’ll receive $250 in eligible cashback (we'll tell you more about this ahead).
- You don’t need to use any special code to get this bonus. Eligible cashback will show up on your wagering account as soon as you make a qualifying deposit. That’s a minimum deposit of $10.
- The maximum eligible cashback you can claim is $1,000. Even if you deposit $5,000, you’ll still get $1k in bonus funds.
- The cashback rate is 5% on all eligible sports wagers you place. The odds must be higher than -200. The cashback will be unlocked into a withdrawable balance on a rolling basis. So if you place an eligible wager worth $1,000, the unlocked cashback will be $50 (5% of $1,000)
- The cashback rate is 2% on casino games whereas Hollywood Casino is available on the ESPN Bet app. Of course, slots and instant-wins games count 100%.
- You must unlock the eligible cashback you receive within 30 days. They will expire after that. Note that this offer runs through December 31st.
- The ESPN Bet promo code is not required to claim the sign-up bonus. However, bettors must be physically within the state borders to place a wager.
Standard Sign-Up Bonus: Place Any Bet, Get $200 in Bonus Bets
It’s a no-brainer to use the ESPN Bet promo code to get $250 in bonus bets. But IF for some reason you’d rather go the cliche way, the bookmarker has got you covered with a standard offer. As with Barstool’s case, you’ll get $200 in bonus wagers when you bet on anything after signing up.
The nitty-gritty of this intro promo is pretty much boilerplate. It’s similar to the exclusive offer except for one thing. The offer is chunked down into 4x$50 bonus bets, paid out one after the other.
Offer Terms and Conditions
- You don’t need a promo code to claim this bonus. Just get your account up and running. ESPN Bet will perk up your new account with four bonus bets, each worth $50. If you’re migrating your Penn account to ESPN Bet, you’ll get the bonus.
- The bonus bets are subject to odds of -200 or higher. Of course, only the profits will show up on your wagering balance. The stake won’t reflect.
- The bonus bets should hit your account immediately but could take up to 72 hours. You’ll have 7 days to play through them. Otherwise, they’ll expire.
- The minimum deposit to be eligible for the offer is $10.
- The offer technically runs through New Year’s 2024.
Odds Boost at ESPN Bet: The Green List
Don’t let the fancy name fool you. The Green List is an odds boost on select weekly events. The folks at ESPN Bet put together a list of  mostly props bets. They rev up the odds because the wager is essentially a parlay.
During the launch week, for example, the Green List featured five NFL superstars:
- Titans running back Derrick Henry
- Miami Dolphins wide receiver T. Hill
- LA Chargers running back A. Ekeler
- Dallas Cowboys running back Tony Pollard, and
- Detroit Lions running back David Montgomery
The special page offered a boosted prop bet on Any Four of the 5 offensive NFL players to score a touchdown at +400. That’s a huge boost to the odds.
This offer is a betting version of Seeing Green, a selection of wagering picks curated by ESPN’s Mike Greenberg.
ESPN Bet Rewards: PENN Play Program
PENN Play is the loyalty rewards program offered by ESPN Bet. It’s standard across all Penn Entertainment’s offerings, including its former sportsbook Barstool and theScore. There’s nothing that jumps at you here. Think of a traditional loyalty program where you earn Penn Cash (comp points) for your play.
You can also get a Penn Play Card at any of the Hollywood Casinos. You can redeem your Penn Cash for:
- Special bonuses and offers at ESPN Bet
- Gift cards and merchandise at Penn Marketplace. The exchange rate is $1 for $1 Penn Cash.
- Presales at Penn Entertainment properties
- Hotel stays at Hollywood Casinos
Penn Play Program also includes tiered rewards points. You can earn and redeem them for plenty of perks across the Penn Entertainment umbrella. There are two ways to earn Tier Points:
- Sports wagers – 1 Tier Point for every $5 parlay bet, $10 exclusive bet, or $10 straight wager on ESPN Bet
- Casino games – For bettors in WV, PA, MI, and NJ. A $25 wager on live-dealer games, $10 on online table games, or $12 on slots & video poker will earn you 1 Tier Point.
The VIP scheme has 4 tiers, with better perks and benefits as you climb the rungs.
- Owners Club
Top perks include exclusive access to VIP lounges at resorts like M Resort Spa Casino, luxury hotel stays, cruise tickets, and much more.
How to Sign Up Using ESPN Promo Code
Getting started with our promo code is as easy as pie! The sign-up process is straightforward and should take less than five minutes.
- Visit the ESPN Bet website or download the app. It’s available on Google Play and Apple App Store.
- Click on the “Sign Up” button.
- Enter your personal details as per usual. The app asks for your name, email address, and date of birth. You’ll need to enter the last 4 digits of your social security number.
- Create a secure password for your new ESPN Bet account.
- Enter our promo code.
- Provide proof of location, address, and identity. You’ll be required to upload a scanned copy of your driver’s license, passport, or government-issued photo ID. Turning the location on will take care of geo-location. For proof of address, you will have to submit or upload a recent copy of your utility bill, medical bill, or bank statement.
- Add your funds (to claim the bonus code, deposit at least $10).
- Place any wager – Anything goes here. You can place a prop bet, money line (straight bet), parlay, or anything in between. It can be NBA basketball, Serie A soccer, or even Aussie Rules.
- Get four bonus bets worth $50 each – The first batch of four bonus bets will hit your account within 72 hours of placing any wager.
- Receive the remaining bonus bet – The additional $50 bonus bet will come in 1-2 days after your first bet has been settled. Remember all your bonus bets must be used within a week.
The legal betting age is 21 across the country. The only exception is Kentucky, where anyone over 18 can bet on sports. To the north, users in Ontario can place their wagers through the theScore app.
Top Features and Perks of Betting with ESPN Bet
The ESPN promo code isn't the only perk that comes with signing up with the sportsbook. Bettors can also expect multi-prong customer support alongside deep sports analytics backed by ESPN coverage. The sportsbook in-play betting and live streaming are worth writing home about.
Same-game and regular parlays deserve a mention, as well. Check out fan-favorite features and benefits of wagering on the ESPN Bet app and website below.
1. Multi-Channel Support on ESPN Bet
While ESPN BET offers high-quality customer service that lives up to PENN Entertainment's track record.
Live chat – The always-on chat feature is available 24/7 at the right-hand bottom corner. In the Sportsbook app, the chat button floats in the same position.
The experience is overall positive. However, it takes you through several hoops before reaching the live rep. Response times are typically under 5 minutes for priority requests.
FAQ page – The site and app feature a comprehensive FAQ knowledge base to help resolve common issues. It’s powered by Zendesk, which is easy to navigate.
It captures everything – think rewards, deposits, how to bet, and whatnot. Most answers about the ESPN Bet promo code are right there. The downside is that they need to be more precise. For fuss-free understanding, FAQs could be chunked down into bullets, videos, and feature illustrations.
Email support – It's clear that the operator prefers to offer support via email ([email protected]). The replies are snappy. A 12-minute reply isn't too shabby. While the email service reps are friendly, they are not knowledgeable enough for one-pass support.
Telephone support – Penn does advertise a toll-free telephone (844-953-2121) for help. Luckily, you can also request a callback in your state. This is the most helpful channel – especially if you can wait more than 30 minutes for a callback.
Social media support – Another customer service channel that could use a spruce-up. The sportsbook is available on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok. But Twitter and FB are the only viable platforms when it comes to customer support.
English is the only supported language. It’s disappointing that Espanol isn’t available.
2. Enhanced Parlay Betting on ESPN Bet
The ESPN BET bet-slip allows users to build out multi-leg parlay bets in an intuitive format. The bet slip will take several selections from different matches.
- Select preferred events to place a multi-leg bet, then click the Parlay button.
- They can track odds changes on selections as they customize their wagers
- Bettors can then enter their desired stake and place their bet
The Parlay+ bet-slip feature allows bettors to place same-game parlays. It combines 2+ legs or markets from a single match.
- Pick your game – Click into a match with P+ beside it
- Add legs to your bet slip – Think both teams to score and home win in an Inter Miami FC vs. Chicago Fire.
- Add selections from different games – Build your bet slip with various same-game parlays from other matches.
- Review your selections – Click the Parlay+ tab to review the legs in the bet slip. Check the promotion page for any ESPN Bet bonus code that could apply to your parlay bet. Some promos are usually specific to same-game parlays.
- Place your wager – Choose the stake and click Place Bet
- Monitor your same-game parlays – Open My Bets tap to minor the progress of your parlay bets. Pending wagers will appear in the Open tab. Lost or won wagers will fall under the settled tab.
The Parlay betting experience is smooth here. However, the upgraded bet slip may take some time to learn for newbies. That's especially true when it comes to complex same-game parlay wagering.
3. Powerful Sports Analytics
The bookmaker leverages data from ESPN's industry-leading sports analytics wing to provide unique betting insights. Bettors will find proprietary stats, projections, and tips for digesting both in-play and pre-game odds.
The icing on the cake includes suggested bets and insights from ESPN commentators right on the sportsbook app and site:
- Steve’s 6-Pack – a program hosted by ESPN’s Steve Coughlin (aka Stanford Steve) covering sought-after college match days games.
- Daily Wager – An in-house betting program soon to migrate to ESPN Bristol offices. Scott Van Pelt will host it.
- Monday Night Football – Host Troy Aikman will inject a few betting recommendations during the MNF program. Partner Joe Buck also makes wagering-related comments.
- Bettors Day – Hosted by Mike Greenberg on ESPN+
SportsCenter may also provide decent sports wagering coverage and analytics for ESPN bettors. But, the downside is that the depth of analysis could be overwhelming for recreational or newbie bettors.
Helpful Tips for Betting on ESPN Bet
Here are some of our insider tips for sports betting on ESPN Bet:
Take Advantage of Sign-up and Ongoing Bonuses
ESPN BET promo code can help you get started on the right foot. However, as with most sportsbooks, the bookmaker offers more bonuses beyond the welcome offer.
- Ensure to clear all playthroughs within validity, or the bonus funds will expire.
- Target markets sports with low hold percentages. We're talking hockey, soccer, and tennis. They'll help convert bonuses into cashable balances.
- Look out for same-game parlay odds boost
- Don’t forget about bet credits, cashback, and rebates
Check for Competitive Odds Boosts
The odds boost section highlights select parlay and single bets with improved odds up to 25% or higher. Tap these for extra value on your parlay wagers.
- Be sure to read the fine print. Boosted bets may have lower maximum payouts.
- Monitor boosts daily for the best same-game parlays and props
- NFL and NBA games tend to get boosted. Keep an eye out for them
- Live chat with support. They may offer customized odds boosts.
Explore Analytics and Player Props
- Beyond money lines and totals, dig into the extensive stats database for trends, projections, and customized prop bets.
- Filter by venue, opponent history, and whatnot to find ways to perk up your wagers.
- Player performance markets let you bet on individual achievements like rushing yards.
Pounce on Live Betting Opportunities
In-play wagering opens up new ways to hedge and boost your chances.
- Take advantage of ESPN live streaming and in-game stats
- Watch shifts in momentum and injuries, then jump on live spreads, totals, and live player props.
- Quickly cash out partially winning bets to lock in a payout
- Focus on live events that you can easily track
Join Penn Entertainment’s Loyalty Programs for Rewards
As a VIP, you qualify for exclusive perks like free entry to online tournaments, higher withdrawal limits, and support line priority. Earn tier points from wagers to climb the ranks for even better perks.
Watch your Bankroll and Practice Responsible Betting
As a general rule, sports betting is all about keeping an eye on your bankroll.
- Use a hard-set sports betting budget. Ensure to stick to it no matter the outcome.
- Do your research before placing a bet.
- Look at the stats and trends and make sure you understand the matchup.
- Don't bet too much on any one bet. It's crucial to spread your bankroll.
- Setting win, loss, and deposit limits can help you manage bet-spending
- In-play betting can be a great way to get better odds for your wagers.
Remember; when sports betting stops being fun, it’s high time to call it quits. There are plenty of tools and resources to help you manage betting. Don’t be afraid to self-exclude if things go south.
FAQs about ESPN Bet Promo Code and Betting
What payment avenues can I use to fund my ESPN BET account?
Payment methods available for uploading funds vary based on your state. However, users can generally expect ESPN Bet to offer deposit options, including:
- Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and other credit/debit cards – they’re instant.
- Play+ and similar prepaid accounts
- Skrill – You can deposit up to $250k when you verify your account. Skrill deposits are instant.
- ACH e-Checks – They’re powered by VIP Preferred. Bank-imposed limits may apply to ACH deposits. They may take up to 3 business days to clear.
- PayPal – Transfer unlimited funds from your PayPal wallet. Deposits are instantly reflected on your ESPN Bet account.
- Venmo – These deposits are instant, fee-free, and unlimited
- Wire transfer – $10k minimum for wire bank transfers. Balance may take up to 24 hours to reflect your wires.
- Gift cards
- Online Banking – Deposit up to $10k with Trustly-powered online banking at ESPN Bet. Your wagering balance will reflect the deposit immediately. However, it’ll take 2-3 business days for the transaction to clear in your bank account.
- Cash at the Casino – The bookmaker permits deposits at the cage of a partner casino (mostly Hollywood Casinos) in select states. Refer to the table above for where to make in-person deposits at the cashier cage. For instance, Illinois bettors can upload funds at the cage of Hollywood Casino at Aurora. The minimum deposit is $10 across the board.
What sports can I bet on at ESPN Bet?
ESPN Bet offers a wide array of sports. They include American football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, golf, and tennis. With Dota-2, Rugby Union, and TV & Culture on the roster, bettors are in for a treat.
What betting markets does ESPN Bet offer?
Money line, spread, and total bets rule the roost at the bookmaker. Bettors can also place parlays, prop bets, round robins, and teasers. Of course, in-play betting covers select sports and sporting events. The ESPN BET bonus code will apply to most markets.
Do I need to watch ESPN Daily Wager to use ESPN BET?
ESPN’s Daily Wager program is entirely separate from ESPN BET, so you’re not required to watch it. However, doing so could show you how to place intelligent bets by learning which odds to avoid that week.
Where in the US can I redeem the ESPN promo code?
That’s akin to asking: what states is ESPN Bet legal in? As of 2023, the American Gaming Association has identified the following 17 US states as places where Americans can legally place a bet and use the ESPN Bet promo code. These are the ESPN Bet legal states:
- New Jersey
- West Virginia
Is there a promo code for ESPN Bet?
Yes, enter our unique promo code for ESPN Bet. It entitles new bettors who sign up with $250 spread across five $50 bonus bets.
Is there a referral bonus for ESPN Bet?
No. Unfortunately, as of writing, ESPN Bet doesn’t have a refer-a-friend bonus. Still, you can take advantage of Penn Play Program to earn for your play.
Placing a Bet on ESPN Bet
ESPN is the name to beat in sports coverage. This will undoubtedly bleed into the sportsbook, offering bettors a myriad of ways to catch the action and wager. Fall through summer is a busy season for sports fans and bettors.
Setting up your ESPN BET account only takes a few minutes.
- Visit the ESPN BET website or download the sportsbook app
- Click the “Sign Up” button on the top right-hand corner
- Ensure the location is enabled to help pick up your state
- Please provide your full name, date of birth, and mailing address.
- Choose a username and strong password for your account
- Bettors can enter the ESPN Bet promo code at this point.
- Verify your identity. You'll need to upload a driver's license, passport, or photo ID. For address verification, a scan of a utility bill or bank statement will do the trick.
- Select your preferred deposit and payment methods.
- Read through the sportsbook terms/conditions. Agree to them and submit your sign-up application.
- Your ESPN Bet wagering account will now be activated. Make your first deposit to immediately start betting.
That's it, you’re set. Explore the sportsbook features, shop for odds, and place your first wagers.
Available sports leagues on ESPN Bet
ESPN Bet and its exclusive promo code covers pretty much all standard sports and all major sporting leagues. We’re talking youth, amateur, pro, and every league in between. In this respect, the sportsbook stands up to the big boys of the US sports betting market (think FanDuel, DraftKings, and Caesars Sportsbook).
NFL and NCAA Football
With the NFL and college football seasons already underway, American football will be one of the most heavily bet-on sports when ESPN BET launches. Players can wager on weekly NFL games, point spreads, totals, and props. College football, including bowl season, also provides an abundance of betting markets.
The NFL category goes heavy on player futures, season specials, division specials, and season outright wins. Bettors can also plunk down on exotic Futures like Super Bowl winners and weekly parlays curated by ESPN betting experts.
NBA and NCAA Basketball
The NBA tips off its new season in mid-October, which means daily NBA odds will be available on ESPN BET. Alongside daily game spreads and totals, look for props on player and team performance, plus live betting during games.
Available from the side static menu, NBA markets include Odds Boosts, futures, specials, money lines, play-offs, and in-season tournaments. Player futures are also highlighted in a standalone tab. As for NCAAB, you sift through the betting markets and options using a conference filter. Fans of WNBA and WNCAAB aren’t left out.
The NHL season began in early October as well. With daily ice hockey betting markets to suit both casual and diehard puck fans. Although NHL markets dominate the plate, ESPN Bet has plenty from other ice hockey leagues. From NCAA hockey and Champions Hockey League to German DEL and Slovakian Extraliga, there’s something for every hockey bettor on the roster.
Soccer and Golf
Soccer fans can place wagers on domestic and international leagues (EPL, La Liga, and Serie A). See our MLS predictions for betting options for American soccer. Golf majors and other PGA, LPGA and European Tour events will feature markets from stroke plays to matchups.
Tee off Beyond Tennis
Tennis betting includes not just the four Grand Slams but also ATP and WTA tour events throughout the year on the men's and women's circuits.
ESPN offers a wide range of betting options and markets on Formula 1, NASCAR, Indy500, and more.
ESPN has money lines, futures, props, and other betting options and markets on major esports leagues. CS:GO, Dota 1, and LoL are the highlights of the section.
TV and Culture
As with other sportsbooks in the market, ESPN Bet has lines and odds on major TV and Culture events. Upcoming Oscars, 75th Emmys, and 66th Grammys are on the roster.
The MLB baseball schedule is packed, and ESPN Bet has action on every major game, league, and event. We’re talking World Series winner, American League Pennant, and National League Pennant.
UFC, boxing, and other combat sports provide regularly scheduled prop and outcome betting every weekend. Even niche sports like auto racing, rugby, cricket, and more have dedicated betting markets.
For coverage, analytics, and betting options, look out for these upcoming key sporting events. They'll be available right in the app and available to use with the ESPN Bet bonus code:
- NFL Weeks 9 through 18 – Eagles will face Dallas Cowboys, while Texans visit Buccaneers. There’s plenty of action for bettors in NFL Week 9 onwards.
- NBA Opening Night – The sportsbook launches before the official kick-off of the NBA season. The LA Lakers face the champion Denver Nuggets, with a rout between Phoenix Suns and Golden State Warriors.
- MLB World Series – With the Phillies favorite to lift the trophy, ESPN Bet will launch in the heat of the World Series.
- NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs – Ice hockey fans and bettors are not left behind.
- NCAA Football College Football Playoff
- NCAA Basketball March Madness
In-Play Live Betting on ESPN BET
In-play betting at ESPN Bet is a prominent feature. The live indicator is among the first things that’ll catch your eyes when you land on the ESPN Bet website or app. There’s a dedicated page for live in-play games with categories spread horizontally.
You’ll love that the most sought-after matches and sports are up top in the live betting section. The right-placed bet slip makes it easy to pick your in-play parlay, straight, and team bets. The search function also covers in-play markets.
The variety of in-play wagering markets at ESPN Bet is almost incomparable to FanDuel or DraftKings’. The sheer quality of the sportsbook’s live betting feature is also worth writing home about.
Talking of sports and markets. They are across most sports heavyweight and markets, all within breezy reach. Bettors can locate in-play matches across baseball, soccer, football, hockey, and basketball, especially during match days.
There is plenty to like about this feature:
- Wide Range of Markets: Bet on live game spreads, totals, and money lines plus in-game props on players, coaches' challenges, next play outcomes, and more. Lots of flexibility to find the best live lines.
- Snappy: The live tap platform is designed for rapid wagering with instant updates to odds. Place live bets directly from the game feed stream.
- Control: Cash out winning bets partially or fully at any time to lock in a payout. The same goes for placing opposing wagers to hedge your wagers.
- Competitive Odds: Odds boosts and adjustments entice betting as games unfold. Think boosted player props during hot streaks.
Live betting at ESPN Bet isn’t without flaws. The live streams could feature more in-play games. The same goes for in-game stats. Still, this immersive viewing enhances the betting experience.
Live Streaming on ESPN Bet
ESPN has some of the best live sports streaming options. With the brand arguably being the big player in this area, it’s easy to see why. Whether you want to bet on a cycling race you see during the race or an NFL match that is playing, all of these are available in the live stream section to bettors in ESPN Bet legal states.
The live-streaming feature covers a wide range of leagues and sports. NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL top streams for US bettors. Those interested in other sports can catch PGA tours, soccer leagues like EPL, and even TV events.
Along with the ESPN promo code, this adds a new dimension for in-play betting and watching your wagers unfold in real time. The best part is that it builds upon ESPN's incredible sports coverage. Better yet, you can track other betting lines in the match.
We love that the live streaming quality and interface are seamless. Bettors can catch live action on their tablets, smartphones, or PCS. However, the quality can be a little grainy and lagging, especially for international events like Serie A. Players have complained of buffering during peak times, mainly weekends and match days.
Watching a live stream on ESPN Bet is a cinch! Here's how you can do it:
- Click on the “Live” tab in the Sportsbook app or website
- Scroll all in-play events or sort by clicking the tab for live events for a particular sport
- Select the event you want to watch
- Bettors must be logged in to access live streaming
The streaming interface is intuitive on both mobile and desktop. In-play betting is available directly from the live streaming feature.
Mobile Betting Experience on ESPN Bet
The ESPN Bet mobile app takes their site to the next level. Once you turn on location, it loads up lightning-quick with sharp graphics. The interface is super easy on the eyes too.
They keep the bottom menu simple with just four main buttons – Home, Live, Browse, and My Bets. The Live tab is where all the action happens. That's where you'll find all the live odds and scores updating. Browse is handy when you're looking for a specific game or market to bet on. Everything you need from your bet slip is in My Bets.
As with top rivals, the ESPN Bet app pays a perfect home to the website to ensure a seamless betting experience for players. Bettors can still enjoy live streams of plenty of events, with many live betting options right in front of them. ESPN makes it breezy to toggle between promos, casinos (in select states), and sportsbook tabs.
ESPN Bet States: Where is ESPN Bet Legal?
ESPN Bet launched on November 14th across 17 states where Penn Entertainment already had an operating license. We’ve broken down the details on the big question: what states is ESPN bet legal in?
Users in 17 states can wager on the sportsbook app and site immediately once ESPN Bet launches. They include sports betting heavyweights in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Illinois, where Penn Gaming has land-based licensing partners.
The specific ESPN Bet promo code and betting terms may vary between states. That's especially true in West Virginia, Arizona, Kentucky, and Kansas.
Arizona Department of Gaming
Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission
Ameristar Black Hawk Casino
Illinois Gaming Board
Hollywood Casino at Aurora
Indiana Gaming Commission
Hollywood Casino at Lawrenceburg
Ameristar East Chicago Casino
Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission
Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs
Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission
Hollywood Casino Kansas Speedway
Kentucky Horse Racing Commission
Louisiana Gaming Control Board
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency (MLGCA)
Massachusetts Gaming Commission
Michigan Gaming Control Board
Hollywood Greektown Casino-Hotel
New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course
Resorts Casino Atlantic City
Ohio Casino Control Commission
Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
Hollywood Casinos at Penn National Race Course, York, Meadows, and Morgantown
Tennessee Sports Wagering Advisory Council
West Virginia Lottery Commission
Hollywood Casino at Charlestown
The ESPN Bet promo code is not needed to claim the sign-up bonus. However, bettors must be physically within the state borders to place a wager.
The legal betting age is 21 across the board. The only exception is Kentucky, where anyone over 18 can bet on sports. Users in Ontario can place their wagers through the theScore app.
Now, to answer the question: Where is ESPN Bet legal?
Penn Entertainment holds a gaming license with the Arizona Department of Gaming (ADG). You must be physically present within Arizona borders to place both mobile and online sports bets on the ESPN Bet app and website.
You cannot bet on:
- Penalties and injuries
- Player actions during collegiate matches
Colorado law allows for both retail and online and mobile sports betting. ESPN Bet is one of the operators licensed by Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission. The licensing partner is Ameristar Black Hawk Casino at 111 Richman St, Black Hawk, CO. (bettors can also make in-person deposits and withdrawals at the cashier cage here).
You must be at least 21 and not self-excluded to sign up and place bets on ESPN Bet Colorado. Prohibited wagers include bets on:
- Specialty events
- High school events
- Under 18 eSports
- Prop wagers on collegiate events
The Illinois sports betting market is open to both in-person, online, and mobile wagering. ESPN Bet is licensed by the Illinois Gaming Board to accept online sports bets from Illinois residents on behalf of Hollywood Casino at Aurora. Of course, you must be physically within the borders of the Land of Lincoln to place your bets.
Note that the following types of bets are prohibited:
- Minor league sports events
- Events involving Illinois colleges
- Under-18 events
- High school events
- Third-party bets
ESPN Bet holds a license from the Indiana Gaming Commission to accept sports bets from Indianans. Residents can place wagers online or via the ESPN Bet mobile app. You can upload or remove funds in person at two Penn retail partner casinos, Hollywood Casino at Lawrenceburg and Ameristar East Chicago Casino.
The Indiana Gaming Commission has set up the Board’s Internet Self Restriction List for problem gamblers to self-exclude. Two types of wagers are a no-no in Indiana. 1) collegiate player in-play prop bets, and 2) all in-play bets not settled at set times.
The Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission has licensed ESPN Bet to offer sports betting online and via mobile app. You must be 21+ and geographically within Iowa to place your legal wagers. There’s a long list of bets that are not allowed in Iowa, including:
- Matches or events governed by the International Olympic Committee
- Participants are under 18
- Player props for in-state colleges
- NFL player drafts
- Negative outcome prop bets
- Trophy award bets
- Collegiate events outside NCAA Division I and II
Penn Gaming launched in Kansas in September 2022 via Barstool. The Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission has licensed ESPN Bet in conjunction with Hollywood Casino Kansas Speedway. That’s where you deposit or withdraw at the casino cage.
Some payment methods like Venmo, PayPal, and Skrill are still not available on the state-specific platform. ESPN Bet does not accept all types of wagers in Ka. Bets that could potentially affect the outcome of an event are prohibited. This includes bets where the participant is under the age of 18, as well as horse and greyhound races.
ESPN Bet has a gaming license from the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC). Self-exclusion programs in KY allow bettors to go off betting for between 72 hours and 30 days. You must be 18+ and physically within the borders of Kentucky to sign up and play at ESPN Bet KY.
ESPN Bet follows all betting restrictions established by KHRC. Bets are not permitted on youth or amateur contests involving minors under 18 years of age. Wagers related to penalties, injuries, or disciplinary actions are also excluded to prevent any influence on the outcome of play. Horse and dog racing bets are not offered.
In Louisiana, ESPN Bet excludes certain wagers to comply with regulations from the Louisiana Gaming Control Board. Bets are not permitted on unauthorized sporting events that have not been approved for legal sports betting. Wagers related to replay reviews, disciplinary rulings by leagues, or injuries and penalties are also prohibited.
MD is a big market for ESPN Bet, where it is licensed by the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency (MLGCA). The sportsbook doesn’t accept wagers on amateur sporting events that have not been approved by MLGCA. High school sporting events governed by the Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association are also excluded from betting offerings.
Massachusetts Gaming Commission doesn’t permit betting on events that involve injuries, penalties, player discipline decisions, or replay reviews. In-play betting on collegiate events isn’t allowed on ESPN Bet MA, either, as is wagering on colleges located in the Commonwealth. Daily fantasy sports and high school events are also excluded from ESPN Bet's offerings.
ESPN Bet holds a gambling license from the Michigan Gaming Control Board in partnership with Hollywood Greektown Casino-Hotel. Like its neighbors, you must be 21+ to register and bet on ESPN bet in MI. Bets not allowed here include:
- Pari Mutuel horse races
- High school events where most players are under 21
ESPN Bet has two land-based casino partners in the Garden State. That’s the Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course and Resorts Casino Atlantic City. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement doesn’t permit betting on any high school sporting contests or events. The same goes for collegiate sporting events that take place in New Jersey or involve NJ colleges.
In Ohio, ESPN Bet excludes wagers on any events or sports involving primary, secondary, or high school students.
PA is one of the major ESPN Bet legal states. For one, it has four brick-and-mortar casino partners in the state: Hollywood Casinos at Penn National Race Course, York, Meadows, and Morgantown. Bettors can deposit and cash out in person here.
High school events governed by the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association and similar bodies are prohibited on ESPN Bet PA. The same goes for wagers on unauthorized amateur sporting events.
TN has a 21 legal gambling age. However, you cannot wager on:
- Injuries or Penalties
- High school events
- Collegiate events
ESPN Bet Virginia doesn’t accept wagers on in-state college sports or youth sports events. They also include prop bets related to individual elements of collegiate contests.
You cannot place bets on ESPN Bet WV outside the borders of West Virginia. You must also be 21 or older and not self-excluded to use the site and app.
ESPN Bet Review: Final Thoughts
ESPN BET has all the makings of a top-tier online sportsbook. It shows promise as a formidable sportsbook that will seriously eat into the pie of FanDuel and DraftKings. While the user experience is smooth and customer support is top-notch, some areas could still improve.
The mobile app delivers crisp graphics and intuitive navigation. Live betting and streaming functionality is robust, however advanced stats and analytics may not satisfy power bettors yet. An expanded language support option would also help their reach.
Early odds and betting markets appear competitive with industry leaders. A dual sign-up is exactly what bettors in various states were asking for, and ESPN Bet delivered. All of these great features are housed on a superb platform that impresses on both desktop and mobile. The bookmarker’s odds boosts, parlay enhancements, and rebates are not worth writing, though.
One word: try