Portland Timbers vs Dallas Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 12/06/2023

Portland Timbers
12/06/23 - 03:00

Finished

1

-

0

FC Dallas

Portland Timbers - FC Dallas

USA MLS - Providence Park

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Exclusive Portland Timbers vs Dallas Picks and Betting Suggestions

The two old acquaintances Portland Timbers and Dallas will meet on Monday to settle old scores. The clash will be held at Providence Park and soccer experts are united – the game on the 12th of June will be a spectacle.

The Portland Timbers vs Dallas predictions aren’t the only ones we have for you this week! Check out our website for more MLS predictions.

Draw or Dallas

The last 10 matches between the two teams ended with three victories for the Timbers, four for Dallas, and three draws. Sure, the h2h difference is very negligible but it still exists in favor of the visitors.

The Hoops will do their best to get a good result on Monday as they are eager to give Los Angeles a run for their money in MLS this season. With two back-to-back 1-1 draws, we’re sure that a 3rd one is quite plausible although we give the edge to the visitors at Providence Park.

BTTS

A shocking 70.0% of the last 10 head-to-heads ended with goals galore so it wouldn’t be at all surprising if the last day of MLS’ gameweek 18 ends with goals from both Portland Timbers and Dallas. Our favorite Portland Timbers vs Dallas prediction this week is in favor of BTTS as neither manager can afford the luxury of playing it safe.

Coach Nico Estevez’s boys are two points away from the top of the table while Portland Timbers are desperately trying to hold on to their lead over lackluster LA Galaxy who are at the very bottom of the Western Conference.

Valuable Portland Timbers vs Dallas Odds and Statistics

You’d be wise to check out our Portland Timbers vs Dallas head-to-head statistics as they’ll help you make a more informed betting decision.

Head to Head

02/04/23

USA MLS USA

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

1

1

07/08/22

USA MLS USA

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

1

1

20/03/22

USA MLS USA

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

4

1

18/07/21

USA MLS USA

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

1

0

02/05/21

USA MLS USA

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

4

1

Last Five - Portland Timbers

13/04/24

USA MLS USA

Los Angeles FC

Los Angeles FC

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

2

2

D

07/04/24

USA MLS USA

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

3

3

D

31/03/24

USA MLS USA

Vancouver Whitecaps

Vancouver Whitecaps

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

3

2

L

24/03/24

USA MLS USA

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

3

1

L

17/03/24

USA MLS USA

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

1

0

L

Last Five - FC Dallas

14/04/24

USA MLS USA

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

0

0

D

07/04/24

USA MLS USA

St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

0

0

D

31/03/24

USA MLS USA

Austin FC

Austin FC

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

2

1

L

17/03/24

USA MLS USA

Vancouver Whitecaps

Vancouver Whitecaps

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

3

1

L

10/03/24

USA MLS USA

New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

2

1

L

Portland Timbers odds: +107 – 49.0%

Draw odds: +240 – 28.0%

Dallas odds: +265 – 23.0%

The ‘BTTS’ betting prediction for Portland Timbers vs Dallas has a solid 54.85% chance of success on Monday. Matchday 18 comes with a surprise as Dallas are big underdogs at +265 (23.0%). It’s quite fascinating to see the Bulls in this position as they are only a few points away from 1st place. Portland Timbers are the expected winners at +107 as they have a compelling 49.0% win probability. It will be a tight clash, however, so perhaps a draw at +240 (28.0%) might be your best bet this week.

Portland Timbers vs Dallas Lineups & Team News

Portland Timbers

Dark clouds are hovering over Providence Park since the 2023 season kicked off. Coach Giovanni Savarese has been trying everything to keep his team above the final series line, however, nothing works. The team won only four out of 16 Major League Soccer games and that will undeniably hurt the players’ ego ahead of Monday’s brawl – more good news for our Portland Timbers vs Dallas predictions.

Predicted lineup – Ivacic (GK), Rasmussen, Zuparic, McGraw, Mosquera, Chara, Paredes, Asprilla, Evander, Moreno & Boli

Dallas

Coach Nico Estevez needs three points on Monday if he is to make another attack on first place. St. Louis City are sitting at the top of the Western Conference with Los Angeles breathing down their necks but if Dallas can get a few more good results in, surely, the battle for 1st place will be a thrilling one at the end of the season. Dallas have the quality, we all know that. They’ll have to go out there and prove it.

Predicted lineup – Paes (GK), Farfan, Martinez, Tafari, Jesus, Velasco, Quignon, Cerrillo, Obrian, Ferreira & Jimenez

Player to Watch: Jesus Ferreira

Thank God Jesus Ferreira is one of the few uninjured players in the Dallas camp. The many squad difficulties that coach Estevez has to sort out include team captain Paul Arriola, Tarik Scott, Tsiki Ntsabeleng, Paxton Pomykal, and Sebastian Lletget. The pressure on Ferreira will be even bigger as there are only a few seasoned players at coach Estevez’s disposal who can make a difference on Monday.

Fan-favorite Ferreira is also the player to watch in this Portland Timbers vs Dallas prediction due to his sensational goalscoring skills. Bagging goal after goal in the 2023 MLS campaign is turning out to be very on-brand for him. We’d be disappointed each time he doesn’t slide it past the goalkeepers.

With nine goals to his name in the 2023 Major League Soccer campaign, he now only needs one more goal to be joint-top with the likes of Nashville’s Hany Mukhtar and Los Angeles’ Denis Bouanga.

Starting Lineups

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers
4-2-3-1
1
David Matthew Bingham
us
15
Eric Miller
us
13
Dario Zuparic
hr
18
Zac McGraw
ca
29
Juan David Mosquera
co
21
Diego Chara
co
22
Cristhian Paredes
py
30
Santiago Moreno
co
20
Evander
br
27
Dairon Asprilla
co
7
Franck Boli
ci
Substitutes
33
Larrys Mabiala
cd
99
Nathan Uiliam Fogaca
br
92
Noel Caliskan
de
10
Sebastian Blanco
ar
26
Hunter Sulte
us
14
Justin Rasmussen
us
44
Marvin Loria
cr
16
Diego Gutierrez
us
11
Jaroslaw Niezgoda
pl

FC Dallas

FC Dallas
4-4-2
30
Maarten Paes
nl
2
Geovane Jesus
br
25
Sebastien Ibeagha
us
17
Nkosi Tafari
us
4
Marco Farfan
us
20
Alan Velasco
ar
5
Facundo Quignon
ar
6
Edwin Cerrillo
us
8
Jader Obrian
co
9
Jesus Jimenez
es
10
Jesus Ferreira
us
Substitutes
1
James Maurer
us
32
Nolan Norris
us
3
Jose Antonio Martinez
es
77
Bernard Kamungo
tz
29
Sam Junqua
us
21
Jose Daniel Mulato
co
24
Amet Korca
al
27
Herbert Endeley
us

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Portland Timbers vs Dallas Prediction


Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.