Portland Timbers vs Colorado Rapids Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 02/25/2024

Portland Timbers
25/02/24 - 03:30

Finished

4

-

1

Colorado Rapids

Portland Timbers - Colorado Rapids

USA MLS - Providence Park

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Portland Timbers vs Colorado Rapids Betting Tips

The match between Portland Timbers and Colorado Rapids will be played at Providence Park on the 25th of February. Stay tuned for the inside scoop on our chief Portland Timbers vs Colorado Rapids betting tips this week.

Check out the rest of our essential MLS predictions on our website.

Portland Timbers to Win

  • Portland Timbers have the head-to-head advantage, with three victories, one draw, and only one loss in the last five matches against the Rapids.
  • The Timbers haven’t lost at Providence Park against Colorado Rapids since the 5th of November, 2020.
  • Portland Timbers had a massive 16-point lead over Colorado Rapids at the end of last season.

BTTS – No

  • We didn’t see goals galore in six of the last seven Portland Timbers vs Colorado Rapids head-to-heads.
  • Colorado Rapids had the worst attacking record in the league last season, with only 26 goals scored across 34 league outings.
  • Portland Timbers kept a clean sheet in one of their pre-season friendlies.

Essential Portland Timbers vs Colorado Rapids Odds & Statistics

Check out the graphics below. They contain valuable Portland Timbers vs Colorado Rapids statistics one should be aware of before placing an MLS bet.

Head to Head

24/09/23

USA MLS USA

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

3

2

13/07/23

USA MLS USA

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

0

0

05/07/23

USA MLS USA

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

0

0

26/06/22

USA MLS USA

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

3

0

01/05/22

USA MLS USA

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

2

0

Last Five - Portland Timbers

14/07/24

USA MLS USA

Real Salt Lake

Real Salt Lake

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

0

3

W

08/07/24

USA MLS USA

Nashville SC

Nashville SC

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

1

4

W

05/07/24

USA MLS USA

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

3

2

L

30/06/24

USA MLS USA

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

2

3

W

23/06/24

USA MLS USA

Vancouver Whitecaps

Vancouver Whitecaps

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

0

2

W

Last Five - Colorado Rapids

14/07/24

USA MLS USA

New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

1

1

D

08/07/24

USA MLS USA

St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

1

4

W

05/07/24

USA MLS USA

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

1

2

W

30/06/24

USA MLS USA

Los Angeles FC

Los Angeles FC

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

3

0

L

23/06/24

USA MLS USA

CF Montreal

CF Montreal

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

1

4

W

Portland Timbers odds: -149 – 59.2%

Draw odds: +290 – 24.8%

Colorado Rapids odds: +400 – 16.0%

Portland Timbers are the expected winners here, as they have a staggering 59.2% win probability at -149. Meanwhile, the visitors' odds are priced at +400. This translates to a rather lackluster 16.0% chance of scooping the three points. Even a draw at +290 (24.8% chance) seems impossible for the visitors, as the Timbers look too good to ignore these days.

Portland Timbers vs Colorado Rapids Lineups & Team News

Portland Timbers

Coach Phil Neville was introduced as the man in charge of the Timbers on the 1st of January. Will he be able to bring success to Providence Park? His chances look good, but he will have to find solutions to some injury issues before that, as Marvin Loria and Claudio Bravo won’t be able to make it for this game due to their injury status.

Predicted lineup – Bingham (GK), Mosquera, McGraw, Zuparic, Boli, Evander, Chara, Paredes, Moreno, Mora & Chara

Colorado Rapids

With five victories, 12 draws, and 17 matches lost, Colorado Rapids deserved to be at the bottom of the table in the Western Conference during the 2023 MLS race. Now, we have coach Chris Armas calling the shots, but will he be able to keep his perfect 1-0-0 record over the Timbers? According to our Portland Timbers vs Colorado Rapids prediction, he will not.

Predicted lineup – Ilic (GK), Anderson, Maxso, Gutman, Bombito, Priso, Ronan, Harris, Bassett, Lewis & Navarro

Player to Watch: Marko Ilic

Marko Ilic was bought to replace lackluster Rodriguez who was one of the key reasons why the Rapids didn’t perform well during the 2023 Major League Soccer race. We believe Marko has the right stuff to help his manager have a successful debut in charge of the Rapids, but we also believe Marko won’t be able to do it all on his own. As you saw from our Portland Timbers vs Colorado Rapids predictions, the Timbers have the home-field advantage and Ilic will surely have a busy day.

Starting Lineups

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers
4-2-3-1
41
James Pantemis
ca
29
Juan David Mosquera
co
18
Zac McGraw
ca
4
Kamal Miller
ca
15
Eric Miller
us
21
Diego Chara
co
19
Eryk Williamson
us
11
Antony Alves Santos
br
10
Evander
br
30
Santiago Moreno
co
27
Dairon Asprilla
co
22
Cristhian Paredes
py
Substitutes
99
Nathan Fogaca
br
24
David Ayala
ar
13
Dario Zuparic
hr
17
Tega Ikoba
us
2
Miguel Araujo
pe
25
Trey Muse
us

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids
4-2-3-1
95
Zack Steffen
us
2
Keegan Rosenberry
us
64
Moise Bombito
ca
5
Andreas Maxso
dk
3
Sam Vines
us
20
Connor Ronan
ie
18
Oliver Larraz
us
10
Djordje Mihailovic
us
23
Cole Bassett
us
14
Calvin Harris
gb
9
Rafael Navarro
br
Substitutes
21
Jasper Loffelsend
de
11
Omir Fernandez
us
99
Jackson Travis
us
6
Lalas Abubakar
gh
77
Darren Yapi
us
7
Jonathan Lewis
us
91
Kevin Cabral
fr
22
Sebastian Anderson
us
31
Adam James Beaudry
us

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Portland Timbers vs Colorado Rapids Prediction


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.