Montreal vs Chicago Fire Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 09/17/2023

ca
17/09/23 - 00:30

Finished

0

-

0

Chicago Fire

CF Montreal - Chicago Fire

USA MLS - Saputo Stadium

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Montreal vs Chicago Fire Predictions for Major League Soccer

Hernan Losada and his Montreal will try to pipe Chicago Fire on the 17th of September. Browse through our Montreal vs Chicago Fire betting tips to find out if the home team will succeed in their quest for three points.

As always, the rest of our expert MLS predictions are located on our website.

Montreal to Win

  • Montreal won four of the last five matches against Chicago Fire.
  • Montreal won two of their last three home games in Major League Soccer.
  • The last five Montreal vs Chicago Fire head-to-heads played at Saputo Stadium saw four victories for Losada’s side and one draw.

Under 2.5 Goals

  • Three of the last five games in all tournaments for Montreal saw under 2.5 goals.
  • There have been under 2.5 goals in three of the last five head-to-heads.
  • With barely 28 goals scored this season, Hernan Losada’s attacking line is among the weaker ones in the Eastern Conference.

Essential Montreal vs Chicago Fire Head-to-Head Statistics and Bookies

These Montreal vs Chicago Fire odds were supplied by TwinSpires and BetMGM. Make sure to give the bookies a try if you haven’t already.

Head to Head

13/07/23

USA MLS USA

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

ca

CF Montreal

3

0

14/09/22

USA MLS USA

ca

CF Montreal

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

3

2

28/08/22

USA MLS USA

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

ca

CF Montreal

0

2

19/09/21

USA MLS USA

ca

CF Montreal

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

2

0

29/05/21

USA MLS USA

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

ca

CF Montreal

0

1

Last Five - Chicago Fire

25/02/24

USA MLS USA

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

2

2

D

17/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

1

2

W

14/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

0

4

W

11/02/24

World Club Friendlies World

Los Angeles FC

Los Angeles FC

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

3

1

L

11/02/24

Europe Friendlies Europe

Los Angeles FC

Los Angeles FC

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

3

1

L

Montreal odds: -113 – 52.2%

Draw odds: +275 – 25.8%

Chicago Fire odds: +295 – 22.0%

As you can see from the odds in our Montreal vs Chicago Fire prediction, we have Montreal down as huge favorites to win at -113. Coach Hernan Losada’s boys are the expected winners, as they have a convincing 52.2% win probability. A draw is priced at +275, meaning there’s a 25.8% chance the two sides will share the spoils, while Chicago Fire’s odds at +295 imply a 22.0% success chance.

Montreal vs Chicago Fire Lineups & Team News

Montreal

Coach Hernan Losada’s boys got thrashed 2-4 at home by a superior Columbus Crew side last week. As a result, Montreal are down to 8th place in MLS’ Eastern Conference. The team is in dire need of points, which may affect our Montreal vs Chicago Fire predictions this week.

Predicted lineup – Sirois (GK), Campbell, Jabang, Brault-Guillard, Piette, Saliba, Choiniere, Duke, Opoku & Lappalainen

Chicago Fire

Montreal aren’t the only ones who got thrashed last week. Chicago Fire got obliterated 4-0 by coach Wayne Rooney’s DC United. The match at Audi Field was a complete disaster for Frank Klopas’ side, as Christian Benteke and his colleagues managed to score all four of their shots on target.

Predicted lineup – Brady (GK), Teran, Czichos, Souquet, Aceves, Gimenez, Navarro, Herbers, Gutierrez, Haile-Selassie & Kamara

Player to Watch: Chris Brady

American shot-stopper Christ Brady is the player to watch in our Montreal vs Chicago Fire prediction. The up-and-coming goalkeeper is coach Frank Klopas’ choice under the woodwork but so far, not much has come of that strategic move. 19-year-old Brady conceded four goals in Chicago Fire’s last Major League Soccer game. DC United scored all four of their shots on target at Audi Field. In some opportunities, Brady could’ve certainly done better.

Starting Lineups

CF Montreal

ca
3-4-1-2
16
Joel Waterman
ca
15
Zachary Brault Guillard
ca
6
Samuel Piette
ca
29
Mathieu Choiniere
ca
Substitutes
41
James Pantemis
ca
9
Chinonso Offor
ng
4
Fernando Alvarez
co

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire
4-2-3-1
Substitutes
19
Georgios Koutsias
gr

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Montreal vs Chicago Fire Prediction


Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.