Atlanta United vs Orlando City prediction, odds & betting tips – 03/18/2024

Atlanta United
17/03/24 - 23:00

Finished

2

-

0

Orlando City SC

Atlanta United - Orlando City SC

USA MLS - Mercedes-Benz Stadium

Atlanta United vs Orlando City Prediction
Photo by Icon Sport

Atlanta United and Orlando City will lock horns on the 18th of March at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Find out more about this exciting Major League Soccer event in our Atlanta United vs Orlando City betting tips below. We expect to see a thrilling Eastern Conference clash this week. Don’t miss out!

Check out the rest of our essential MLS predictions on our website.

Atlanta United vs Orlando City prediction: Atlanta to crush the Lions

Atlanta United vs Orlando City predictions
Our pick

🔥Hot tip

Atlanta United to Win

⚽ Correct score prediction

3-1 to Atlanta United

⬆️ Over /⬇️ Under X.5 goals

 

Over 2.5 Atlanta United Goals

Key Stats

  • Atlanta United scored four goals in last week’s match against New England Revolution.
  • Orlando City didn’t win a single one of their Major League Soccer games this season.
  • The Lions got thrashed 4-2 in their CONCACAF Champions Cup game against Tigres UANL.

Pre-game odds and win probability: Lions the underdogs at Mercedes-Benz Stadium

  • HOME: -111 – 52.1%
  • DRAW: +265 – 26.9%
  • AWAY: +290 – 21.0%

*These Atlanta United vs Orlando City odds are subject to change

With a staggering 52.1% win probability at -111, Atlanta United are the expected winners, and we couldn’t agree more with the bookies on this one. Of course, this makes the Lions the underdogs, with a 21.0% win probability, while a draw at +265 gives the two teams a 26.9% chance to share the spoils.

Over 2.5 Atlanta United Goals is our favorite betting tip, as despite the 28.57% chance of success, we believe the odds at +250 are definitely worth it.

Last five H2Hs: Slight advantage to Atlanta

USA MLS 16/07/23

Atlanta United

Atlanta United

1
Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

2

USA MLS 28/05/23

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

1
Atlanta United

Atlanta United

1

USA MLS 14/09/22

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

0
Atlanta United

Atlanta United

1

USA MLS 17/07/22

Atlanta United

Atlanta United

1
Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

1

USA MLS 11/09/21

Atlanta United

Atlanta United

3
Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

0

With two victories for Atlanta United, two draws, and barely a Lions win, we believe the h2h advantage for Pineda’s boys will aid our Atlanta United vs Orlando City predictions.

Atlanta United team news and form: Giakoumakis back with a bang

Luckily, coach Gonzalo Pineda will be able to count on all of his key players for the match against the Lions. Giakoumakis didn’t perform well in the opening few games, but in last week’s game against New England Revolution, he bagged a hattrick.

Predicted lineup: Guzan (GK), Lennon, Gregersen, Williams, Wiley, Slisz, Muyumba, Lobhanidze, Almada, Silva & Giakoumakis

USA MLS 15/06/24

D

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

2

Atlanta United

Atlanta United

2

USA MLS 02/06/24

L

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

3

Atlanta United

Atlanta United

2

USA MLS 29/05/24

W

Inter Miami CF

Inter Miami CF

1

Atlanta United

Atlanta United

3

USA MLS 25/05/24

L

Los Angeles FC

Los Angeles FC

1

Atlanta United

Atlanta United

0

USA US Open Cup 21/05/24

D

Charleston Battery

Charleston Battery

0

Atlanta United

Atlanta United

0

Orlando City team news and form: Winless Lions hit new low

Despite scoring twice, Duncan McGuire’s efforts against Minnesota United didn’t amount to anything positive, as coach Oscar Pareja’s boys got beaten 2-3. We expect to see the same starting XI from the Colombian manager, but according to our Atlanta United vs Orlando City prediction, this won’t be the winning move.

Predicted lineup: Gallese (GK), Borhallsson, Schlegel, Jansson, Santos, Araujo, Martins, Ojeda, Enrique, Angulo & McGuire

USA MLS 15/06/24

L

Los Angeles FC

Los Angeles FC

3

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

1

USA MLS 01/06/24

L

New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

1

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

0

USA MLS 30/05/24

D

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

1

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

1

USA MLS 25/05/24

L

Columbus Crew

Columbus Crew

2

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

0

USA MLS 19/05/24

W

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

0

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

1

Player to watch: Brad Guzan

39-year-old goalkeeper Brad Guzan deserves to be the player to watch in our Atlanta United vs Orlando City prediction, as he’s not only the team captain but also one of the most important players under coach Pineda’s guidance.

Atlanta United vs Orlando City Player

Legendary shot-stopper key for Pineda

The former US international is performing well despite his age. He made five crucial saves against New England Revolution, which was enough to earn his team three points.


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.