Brisbane Roar vs Sydney Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 06/01/2024

Brisbane Roar
06/01/24 - 08:45

Finished

1

-

2

Sydney FC

Brisbane Roar - Sydney FC

Australia A-League - Suncorp Stadium

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Key Brisbane Roar vs Sydney Betting Tips

Brisbane Roar welcomes Sydney on the 6th day of January, and we anticipate a tight clash at Suncorp Stadium. Make sure to get the inside scoop on our Brisbane Roar vs Sydney predictions before making your A-League bets.

You can find more exclusive A-League predictions on our website.

Draw or Sydney

  • Sydney won two consecutive A-League games.
  • Brisbane Roar recorded three consecutive league losses.
  • The visitors are the Australian Cup winners, which surely benefits our Brisbane Roar vs Sydney predictions greatly.

Over 2.5 Goals

  • The Roar have the worst defensive record in the league, with 23 goals conceded.
  • Three of the Roar’s last A-League games resulted in over 2.5 goals.
  • The home side conceded a shocking eight goals in the last league match.

Key Brisbane Roar vs Sydney Odds and H2H Statistics

We are happy to announce that we have some very interesting Brisbane Roar vs Sydney head-to-head stats for you this week.

Head to Head

27/10/23

Australia A-League Australia

Brisbane Roar

Brisbane Roar

Sydney FC

Sydney FC

3

0

07/10/23

Australia Cup Australia

Sydney FC

Sydney FC

Brisbane Roar

Brisbane Roar

3

1

28/09/23

Others Others

Brisbane Roar

Brisbane Roar

Sydney FC

Sydney FC

0

0

24/04/23

Australia A-League Australia

Brisbane Roar

Brisbane Roar

Sydney FC

Sydney FC

0

2

18/02/23

Australia A-League Australia

Sydney FC

Sydney FC

Brisbane Roar

Brisbane Roar

1

1

Last Five - Brisbane Roar

23/02/24

Australia A-League Australia

Western United FC

Western United FC

Brisbane Roar

Brisbane Roar

2

2

D

17/02/24

Australia A-League Australia

Perth Glory

Perth Glory

Brisbane Roar

Brisbane Roar

3

2

L

16/02/24

Others Others

Sydney FC

Sydney FC

Brisbane Roar

Brisbane Roar

0

0

D

10/02/24

Australia A-League Australia

Melbourne City

Melbourne City

Brisbane Roar

Brisbane Roar

1

5

W

02/02/24

Australia A-League Australia

Wellington Phoenix

Wellington Phoenix

Brisbane Roar

Brisbane Roar

1

1

D

Last Five - Sydney FC

29/02/24

Australia A-League Australia

Perth Glory

Perth Glory

Sydney FC

Sydney FC

1

1

D

24/02/24

Australia A-League Australia

Melbourne City

Melbourne City

Sydney FC

Sydney FC

1

1

D

23/02/24

Australia A-League Australia

Perth Glory

Perth Glory

Sydney FC

Sydney FC

1

1

D

17/02/24

Australia A-League Australia

Adelaide United

Adelaide United

Sydney FC

Sydney FC

1

2

W

16/02/24

Others Others

Brisbane Roar

Brisbane Roar

Sydney FC

Sydney FC

0

0

D

Brisbane Roar odds: 19/10 (2.90) – 34.1%

Draw odds: 57/20 (3.85) – 22.0%

Sydney odds: 5/4 (2.25) – 43.9%

The bookmakers have Sydney down as the expected winners, with a staggering 43.9% win probability at 5/4 (2.25) despite playing away from home. We agree with them, but we’d like to recommend a draw or Sydney at 13/25 (1.52), as the Roar can get dangerous at any point. The home team’s players keep a lackluster 34.1% shot at the three points at 19/10 (2.90), while the two teams have a 22.0% chance of sharing the spoils at Suncorp Stadium this week.

Brisbane Roar vs Sydney Lineups & Team News

Brisbane Roar

The below-mentioned starters were the ones the manager gave a chance against Hearts. The 8-1 loss was a big enough reason for the board of directors to sack him and give a chance to 35-year-old Ben Cahn in charge of the Lions. The up-and-coming manager still has a lot to learn, and we are sure that his debut in charge of the team will end in disappointment, as our Brisbane Roar vs Sydney predictions suggest.

Predicted lineup – Acton (GK), Zabala, Aldred, Trewin, Hingert, Gomulka, Caletti, Mileusnic, O’Shea, Lofthouse & Parsons

Sydney

Coach Ufuk Talay’s record against Brisbane Roar consists of four victories, four draws, and barely two matches lost. Considering the fact that Sydney are the current Australian Cup winners, we believe the visitors will want to prove they still have what it takes to perform at the highest level.

Predicted lineup – Redmayne (GK), Grant, Lacerda, Rodwell, King, Girdwood-Reich, Brattan, Lolley, Caceres, Mak & Kucharski

Player to Watch: Matt Acton

31-year-old Matt Acton had a night to forget against Melbourne City last week. The match at Melbourne Rectangular Stadium resulted 8-1 in favor of the home team, with Jamie Maclaren bagging a lovely hattrick for his manager.

We are sure that with Acton among the starters for the Lions, our Brisbane Roar vs Sydney predictions have a fighting chance. Sure, the shot-stopper will do his best to make up for the sloppy goalkeeping he did last week, but Sydney have some terrific finishers that will make life difficult for him.

Starting Lineups

Brisbane Roar

Brisbane Roar
4-3-3
11
Jez Lofthouse
au
27
Kai Trewin
au
1
Macklin Freke
au
10
Nikola Mileusnic
au
12
Gomulka Taras
au
22
Alex Parsons
au
19
Jack Hingert
lk
35
Louis Zabala
au
7
Florin Berenguer
fr
5
Tom Aldred
gb
26
Jay O'Shea
ie
Substitutes
32
James Nikolovaski
au
99
Ayom Majok
au
17
Carlo Armiento
au
8
Jonas Markovski
au
18
Shae Cahill
gb
6
Joe Caletti
au
29
Matt Acton
au

Sydney FC

Sydney FC
4-2-3-1
16
Joel King
au
1
Andrew Redmayne
au
11
Robert Mak
sk
25
Jaiden Kucharski
au
23
Rhyan Grant
au
26
Luke Brattan
au
10
Joe Lolley
gb
6
Jack Rodwell
gb
15
Gabriel Lacerda
br
8
Jake Max Gordwood-Reich
au
9
Fabio
br
Substitutes
19
Mitchell Glasson
au
28
Nathan Amanatidis
au
22
Max Burgess
au
4
Jordan Courtney-Perkins
au
12
Corey Hollman
au
20
Adam Pavlesic
au
13
Patrick Wood
au

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Brisbane Roar vs Sydney Prediction


Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.