Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Top Adelaide United vs Macarthur predictions and A-League tips

Matchday 13 of the A-League gives us an abundance of terrific games and it’s Adelaide United and Macarthur who’ll have the honor of playing the first game.

Adelaide United to win

Yes, Macarthur have a slight head-to-head advantage as they won three games compared to Adelaide United’s two triumphs in the five occasions these two teams met. However, Adelaide United managed to win both of their games at Hindmarsh Stadium and Macarthur barely managed to score one goal in these two games. With a draw in the last game, Adelaide United’s players will certainly be eager to get the ball rolling on the 20th of January as they hope to impress their fans once more.

Place the bet >>

Craig Goodwin to score

We wouldn’t want to be in coach Dwight Yorke’s shoes right now as the 51-year-old manager has to make some difficult decisions regarding Craig Goodwin. The Aussie international has been at his lethal best this season and it’s no wonder he was the best man in two games for Australia during the World Cup in Qatar in December.

Furthermore, he’s also Adelaide United’s top scorer with four goals to his name but he’s definitely no one-trick pony! He’s the best creator for his manager by a landslide. With four assists so far, he leaves his teammates far behind him with only one assist each.

Place the bet >>

Top Adelaide United vs Macarthur H2H stats and betting odds

Our chart below will help you make the best possible Adelaide United vs Macarthur bet this week:

Head to Head

16/10/22

Australia A-League Australia

Macarthur FC

Adelaide United

2

0

08/04/22

Australia A-League Australia

Adelaide United

Macarthur FC

1

0

19/02/22

Australia A-League Australia

Macarthur FC

Adelaide United

4

1

14/04/21

Australia A-League Australia

Adelaide United

Macarthur FC

3

1

12/02/21

Australia A-League Australia

Macarthur FC

Adelaide United

4

0

Last Five - Adelaide UnitedAdelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

17/03/23

Australia A-League Australia

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Wellington Phoenix

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Adelaide United

1

5

W

11/03/23

Australia A-League Australia

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Newcastle Jets

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Adelaide United

2

4

W

03/03/23

Australia A-League Australia

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Melbourne City

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Adelaide United

2

4

W

26/02/23

Australia A-League Australia

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Melbourne Victory

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Adelaide United

1

1

D

19/02/23

Australia A-League Australia

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Western Sydney Wanderers

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Adelaide United

4

4

D

Last Five - Macarthur FCmacarthur

19/03/23

Australia A-League Australia

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Melbourne City

macarthur

Macarthur FC

1

1

D

11/03/23

Australia A-League Australia

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Central Coast Mariners

macarthur

Macarthur FC

4

1

L

05/03/23

Australia A-League Australia

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Brisbane Roar

macarthur

Macarthur FC

2

3

W

25/02/23

Australia A-League Australia

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Western Sydney Wanderers

macarthur

Macarthur FC

4

0

L

18/02/23

Australia A-League Australia

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 20/01/2023

Newcastle Jets

macarthur

Macarthur FC

1

0

L

Adelaide United odds: 21/20 (2.05) – 50.6%

Draw odds: 57/20 (3.85) – 23.0%

Macarthur odds: 47/20 (3.35) – 26.4%

It’s no wonder why we consider Adelaide United favorites to win this game – at 21/20 (2.05), the bookies believe the home team has about a 50.6% chance of winning. At 57/20 (3.85), the draw is the least likely to happen event at only a 23.0% chance, and a possible Macarthur victory is estimated to have about a 26.4% chance at 47/20 (3.35). Yes, there are other players who scored more this season than Craig Goodwin but the 187/100 (2.87) odds from Ladbrokes are too alluring for us to not bet on this wonderful player.

Predicted lineups, team news, and last result

Adelaide United

As we mentioned above, Adelaide United’s last game can only be described as a success. Yes, Melbourne Victory are at the bottom of the table but these sort of games are always tricky as you can never expect what the underdog is capable of doing when in such dire need of points. Craig Goodwin was once again the big hero for his manager as he slid it past the goalkeeper in the 7th minute of the match.

Predicted lineup – Gauci (GK), Madanha, Lopez, Popovic, Kitto, Juande, D’Arrigo, Halloran, Clough, Goodwin & Ibusuki

Macarthur

The visiting team has a fragile one-point lead over Adelaide United and the game on the 20th of January is certainly going to be a massive event for both sides. Macarthur’s mediocre performance includes five victories, two draws, and five losses in 12 A-League games and that’s not a bad display for a team of this stature. However, Macarthur did get pipped 1:2 by Central Coast Mariners at home a couple of days ago and now the players will have a very difficult task of picking themselves up in an away game against Adelaide United.

Predicted lineup – Kurto (GK), Millar, Uskok, Aspropotamitis, Vujica, Baccus, Hollman, Drew, Davila, Toure & Arabuli

Starting lineups

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to watch: Joe Anthony Gauci

Yes, Craig Goodwin will be the big star on the pitch on Friday and the bookies rightfully supply the betting man with such outstanding odds for a Craig Goodwin goal but coach Carl Veart has his goalkeeper to thank as well for the 1:1 draw versus Melbourne Victory a couple of days ago. After all, Joe Anthony Gauci pulled off a remarkable piece of goalkeeping to deny the visiting team a winning goal. He stopped five tremendous shots and he will undoubtedly be the key man for Adelaide United on the 20th of January.

A-League standings

A-League 22/23
# Team P W D L +/- Points
1

Melbourne City

20 12 5 3 22 41
2

Adelaide United

21 10 7 4 10 37
3

Western Sydney Wanderers

21 9 7 5 13 34
4

Central Coast Mariners

21 9 4 8 9 31
5

Wellington Phoenix

21 8 7 6 1 31
6

Sydney FC

21 8 3 10 -6 27
7

Newcastle Jets

21 7 4 10 -9 25
8

Western United FC

21 7 4 10 -10 25
9

Macarthur FC

21 7 4 10 -13 25
10

Perth Glory

21 6 6 9 -7 24
11

Brisbane Roar

21 5 8 8 -6 23
12

Melbourne Victory

20 6 3 11 -4 21

Frequently asked questions about Adelaide United vs Macarthur:

Adelaide United vs Macarthur Prediction

  • What’s the venue for this game? – The match between Adelaide United and Macarthur will be played at Hindmarsh Stadium.
  • Whom do the bookies favor? – They predict a hard-earned Adelaide United victory on Friday.
  • Are there any injuries or suspensions? – No, the two managers will be able to count on their best 11 men.