Wanderers vs Cavalry prediction, odds & betting tips – 05/11/2024

HFX Wanderers
11/05/24 - 19:00

Finished

1

-

1

Cavalry FC

HFX Wanderers - Cavalry FC

Canada Premier League - Wanderers Grounds

5th Round

Wanderers vs Cavalry Prediction
Photo by Icon Sport

HFX Wanderers and Cavalry will battle it out on the 11th of May at Wanderer Grounds. Is it going to be the one-sided affair the experts think it will be? Find out the answer in the following Wanderers vs Cavalry betting tips below.

Wanderers vs Cavalry prediction: Wheeldon Jr.’s side should win this

Wanderers vs Cavalry predictions
Our pick

🔥Hot tip

Cavalry to Win

⚽ Correct score prediction

Wanderers 1-2 Cavalry

⬆️ Over 1.5 Cavalry goals

Yes

Key Stats

  • Cavalry scored over 1.5 goals in five of the last 10 games against HFX Wanderers.
  • The last 10 direct matches resulted in five victories for Cavalry, four draws, and only one HFX Wanderers win.
  • The home team’s players lost all of their Canadian Premier League games thus far.
  • Cavalry lost only one of their league matches so far.
  • The visitors have the 3rd-best attacking record in the league, with five goals scored so far.

Pre-game odds and win probability: Home-field advantage means nothing

  • HOME: +185 – 34.8%
  • DRAW: +240 – 23.0%
  • AWAY: +132 – 42.2%

*These Wanderers vs Cavalry odds are subject to change

Despite having the home-field advantage at Wanderers Ground, HFX Wanderers aren’t considered by the bookmakers, as the expected winners, with a 34.8% win probability at +185. In the meantime, the visitors’ odds at +132 imply a 42.2% success chance. A draw priced at +240 implies that the two teams have a 23.0% chance to share the spoils this week. Another good option for the bettors is over 1.5 Cavalry goals. The odds are stacked at +112, giving our key Wanderers vs Cavalry predictions a 47.17% success chance.

Last five H2Hs: Cavalry know what to do

Canada Premier League 12/09/23

HFX Wanderers

HFX Wanderers

1
Cavalry FC

Cavalry FC

2

Canada Premier League 15/07/23

Cavalry FC

Cavalry FC

1
HFX Wanderers

HFX Wanderers

0

Canada Premier League 17/06/23

HFX Wanderers

HFX Wanderers

3
Cavalry FC

Cavalry FC

1

Canada Premier League 14/05/23

Cavalry FC

Cavalry FC

2
HFX Wanderers

HFX Wanderers

2

Canada Premier League 05/09/22

HFX Wanderers

HFX Wanderers

0
Cavalry FC

Cavalry FC

0

Don’t miss these interesting Wanderers vs Cavalry head-to-head statistics.

Wanderers team news and form: Hellish experience for HFX Wanderers

The team’s fans felt embarrassed by what they saw at Wanderer Grounds last week, as the Canadian Championship match against lackluster Saint-Laurent resulted in a victory for the visitors. They managed to reach the penalty roulette, where Faith decided that HFX Wanderers will be out of the competition.

Predicted lineup: Fillion (GK), Nimick, Loughrey, Timoteo, Fernandez, Callegari, Gagnon-Lapare, Ferrazzo, Telfer, Probo & Daniels

Canada Premier League 23/06/24

W

Vancouver FC

Vancouver FC

0

HFX Wanderers

HFX Wanderers

4

Canada Premier League 15/06/24

D

Forge FC

Forge FC

2

HFX Wanderers

HFX Wanderers

2

Canada Premier League 08/06/24

D

Pacific FC (CA)

Pacific FC (CA)

0

HFX Wanderers

HFX Wanderers

0

Canada Premier League 02/06/24

D

Atletico Ottawa

Atletico Ottawa

2

HFX Wanderers

HFX Wanderers

2

Canada Premier League 24/05/24

L

York United FC

York United FC

2

HFX Wanderers

HFX Wanderers

1

Cavalry team news and form: Camargo and colleagues on the rise

After the disappointing start to the Canadian Premier League, Cavalry went on to record a three-game unbeaten run. We are convinced coach Wheeldon Jr.’s players will be at their lethal best for the game against HFX Wanderers. They have to be, as games at Wanderer Grounds require maximum effort.

Predicted lineup: Carducci (GK), Aird, Field, Klomp, Kamdem, Trafford, Shome, Musse, Camargo, Brooks, Warchewski

Canada Premier League 22/06/24

D

Atletico Ottawa

Atletico Ottawa

1

Cavalry FC

Cavalry FC

1

Canada Premier League 16/06/24

D

Vancouver FC

Vancouver FC

0

Cavalry FC

Cavalry FC

0

Canada Premier League 08/06/24

W

Forge FC

Forge FC

0

Cavalry FC

Cavalry FC

1

Canada Premier League 01/06/24

D

Pacific FC (CA)

Pacific FC (CA)

1

Cavalry FC

Cavalry FC

1

Canada Premier League 26/05/24

D

Valour FC

Valour FC

1

Cavalry FC

Cavalry FC

1

Player to watch: Sergio Camargo

Attacking midfielder Sergio Camargo is receiving a shoutout in our Wanderers vs Cavalry prediction, as he’s one of coach Wheeldon Jr.’s key players this season. Sergio Camargo took part in all games for the visitors this season, so we should see his name among the starters.

Wanderers vs Cavalry Player
Photo by Icon Sport

Sergio Camargo is vital on the attack

When Cavalry attack, Sergio Camargo is usually the one the players search for the most. So far, the Colombian midfielder has one goal and one assist to his name in the 2024 Canadian Premier League race, but we are sure he can do better.


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.