Leon vs Tauro Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 17/03/2023

Leon
17/03/23 - 00:00

Finished

2

-

0

Tauro FC

Leon - Tauro FC

CONCACAF Champions Cup - Estadio Leon

4th Round

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Essential Leon vs Tauro Predictions for CONCACAF Champions League

The job isn’t done yet and Leon will have to again face Tauro on Friday if they want to advance to the next stage of the CONCACAF Champions League.

Leon/Leon

Our primary Leon vs Tauro prediction entirely favors the Mexican club. With three back-to-back victories in all tournaments, coach Nicolas Larcamon’s boys have been at their lethal best this season and we’re convinced they’ll continue with their refreshing style of play on Friday.

Sure, there’s much that can be desired when it comes to the Liga MX results this year, but the up-and-coming 38-year-old manager certainly is among the most ambitious managers in Mexico and he’ll want to turn the 1-0-0 record against Tauro into a confident 2-0-0.

Place the bet >>

Under 0.5 Tauro Goals

As we mentioned in our previous Leon vs Tauro prediction, Nicolas Larcamon’s boys did great in their last three fixtures. Not only did they crush their opponents but they did it with quite a style!

Having not conceded a single goal in 270 minutes of soccer, Leon are prime candidates for a clean sheet over Tauro on the 17th of March. Especially, when you consider that Nicolas Larcamon’s players will have solid home-field support to count on.

Place the bet >>

Exclusive Leon vs Tauro Odds & Bookies

Our soccer experts browsed the Internet for the best Leon vs Tauro odds and gathered them here for you:

Head to Head

17/03/23

CONCACAF Champions League CCL

Leon

Leon

Tauro FC

Tauro FC

2

0

Last Five - Leon

27/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Juarez FC

Juarez FC

Leon

Leon

1

1

D

20/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Monterrey

Monterrey

Leon

Leon

0

2

W

15/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Unam Pumas

Unam Pumas

Leon

Leon

1

0

L

06/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Queretaro

Queretaro

Leon

Leon

2

0

L

01/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Necaxa

Necaxa

Leon

Leon

1

2

W

Last Five - Tauro FC

09/12/23

Panama LPF Panama

CA Independiente de la Chorrera

CA Independiente de la Chorrera

Tauro FC

Tauro FC

3

0

L

07/10/23

Panama LPF Panama

Sporting San Miguelito

Sporting San Miguelito

Tauro FC

Tauro FC

1

2

W

17/03/23

CONCACAF Champions Cup CCL

Leon

Leon

Tauro FC

Tauro FC

2

0

L

12/03/23

Panama LPF Panama

San Francisco FC

San Francisco FC

Tauro FC

Tauro FC

0

2

W

08/03/23

CONCACAF Champions Cup CCL

Leon

Leon

Tauro FC

Tauro FC

1

0

L

Leon odds: -192 – 64.0%

Draw odds: +370 – 20.0%

Tauro odds: +580 – 16.0%

A 16.0% win probability for Tauro isn’t convincing enough for one to risk a bet on this team at +580. Even a draw at +370 (20.0%) seems very far-fetched considering how well Leon are performing these days. Coach Nicolas Larcamon’s side’s 64.0% likelihood of winning should compensate for the odds at -192.

Leon vs Tauro Lineups & Team News

Leon

Despite Leon’s shocking 68% possession against Tauro in the CONCACAF Champions League game, coach Nicolas Larcamon would’ve loved a goal or two more as the 0-1 win doesn’t suit Leon’s stature. Nevertheless, it’s that sort of victory that Leon are achieving these days and we’re confident that they’ll continue to do so which is exactly what these Leon vs Tauro predictions were all about.

Predicted lineup – Cota (GK), Villa, Bellon, Frias, J. Moreno, Hernandez, Ambriz, Y. Moreno, Romero, Campbell & Rubio

Tauro

Tauro had 13 shots at target against Leon but they didn’t really make things difficult for Rodolfo Cota as the Leon legend only had to make routine saves. It takes a hell of a lot more to put a veteran like Rodolfo Cota in danger and we’re just not convinced Tauro have the required arsenal to cause an upset on the 17th of March. And you shouldn’t let the 2-0 win over San Francisco at Estadio Rommel Fernandez fool you – there’s much that should be improved in this Tauro squad before the team can be up to par in the CONCACAF Champions League.

Predicted lineup – Hughes (GK), Vargas, Cordoba, Caballero, Vence, Botello, Gudino, Medina, Camargo, Hernandez & Pena

Starting Lineups

Leon

Leon
5-4-1
30
Rodolfo Cota
mx
3
Ivan Moreno
mx
21
Stiven Barreiro
co
27
Ricardo Angulo
mx
22
Adonis Frias
ar
24
Osvaldo Rodriguez
mx
11
Elias Hernandez
mx
29
Lucas Romero
ar
12
Joel Campbell
cr
20
Jose Alvarado
mx
15
Brian Rubio
mx
Substitutes
38
Hector Uribe
mx
26
Fidel Daniel Ambriz Gonzalez
mx
36
Luis Cervantes
mx
49
Jesus Dominguez
mx
40
Oscar Garcia
mx
39
Sebastian Santos
mx
25
Paul Bellon Saracho
mx
34
Oscar Villa
mx
19
Yairo Moreno
co
18
Lucas Di Yorio
ar
13
Angel Mena
ec
7
Victor Davila
cl

Tauro FC

Tauro FC
4-3-3
1
Eric Abdiel Hughes Guevara
pa
5
Luis Yohan Asprilla Caballero
pa
25
Jan Carlos Vargas
pa
14
Gerardo Omar Negrete Cabellero
co
22
Francisco Vence
pa
10
Miguel Camargo
pa
6
Irving Jahir Gudino Lopez
pa
18
Rolando Botello
pa
8
Victor Manuel Medina Cunnigham
pa
20
Breidy Goluz
co
17
Carlos Hernandez
co
Substitutes
21
Carlos Navas
pa
23
Moises Veliz
pa
7
Hilberto Peralta
pa
3
Omar Cordoba
pa
15
Giancarlo Moreno
pa
11
Axel McKenzie
pa
99
Omar Ezequiel Browne Zuniga
pa
4
Gustavo Chara
co
16
Rudy Anthony Yearwood Ramos
pa
30
Celino Hinojosa
pa

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to Watch: Rodolfo Cota

We already mentioned this name in the previous segment of our Leon vs Tauro prediction but we just can’t stress enough how important the 35-year-old goalkeeper is to Nicolas Larcamon. Rodolfo Cota is aging like fine wine and if he continues recording clean sheets for Leon, we just might see a new contract offer on the table for the legendary Leon goalkeeper. If Tauro want to leave Estadio Leon with some dignity, they’ll have to bring their A-game on Friday.

Q&As About Our Leon vs Tauro Predictions:

Leon vs Tauro Prediction

  • What’s the venue? – This CONCACAF Champions League clash will be held at Estadio Leon.
  • Whom do the bookies favor? – They predict a victory for Nicolas Larcamon’s side.
  • Which bookmaker would you recommend? – We highly advise you to give BetRivers a chance for your CONCACAF Champions League bet.
  • Does coach Nicolas Larcamon have squad issues ahead of this game? – No, Leon’s 35-year-old manager will be able to count on all of his top players.

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.