Real Salt Lake City vs Charlotte Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 09/04/2023

Real Salt Lake
09/04/23 - 02:30

Finished

3

-

1

Charlotte FC

Real Salt Lake - Charlotte FC

USA MLS - Rio Tinto Stadium

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Real Salt Lake City vs Charlotte Betting Tips & Picks

Real Salt Lake City face a lackluster Charlotte on the 9th of April at home. It’s a must-win for the home team as the visitors are horrid this season but if this rivalry isn’t enough for you, you can spend a couple of minutes on our remaining MLS predictions.

Real Salt Lake City to Win

The visitors’ desire to show they are no pushovers and escape the dreadful 14th place might cause one or two ludicrous attacking attempts. And that’s all Real Salt Lake City really need.

The clash on the 9th of April will be the first-ever between the two teams and we’re sure that Pablo Mastroeni wouldn’t want to disappoint the fans at America First Field. Especially, after his team already got thrashed 4-0 twice this season.

Over 3.5 Goals

Perhaps a gamble to some degree, our professional Real Salt Lake City vs Charlotte prediction will be appreciated by the true fans of soccer. We anticipate at least four goals at America First Field on Sunday as both of Real Salt Lake City’s last two games ended with brutal 4-0 defeats.

Sure, Pablo Mastroeni’s boys didn’t have much of a contribution towards the final result as they didn’t score a single goal but their leaky defensive line will make Sunday’s game a glamorous event as Charlotte struggle to leap off the bottom of the table in the Eastern Conference.

Top Real Salt Lake City vs Charlotte Odds, Bookies, and Markets

These sensational Real Salt Lake City vs Charlotte betting odds were brought to you by one of our favorite MLS bookies – Caesars Sportsbook.

Last Five - Real Salt Lake

26/05/24

USA MLS USA

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

Real Salt Lake

Real Salt Lake

3

3

D

19/05/24

USA MLS USA

Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

Real Salt Lake

Real Salt Lake

3

5

W

16/05/24

USA MLS USA

Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

Real Salt Lake

Real Salt Lake

0

2

W

12/05/24

USA MLS USA

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

Real Salt Lake

Real Salt Lake

2

2

D

09/05/24

USA US Open Cup USA

New Mexico United

New Mexico United

Real Salt Lake

Real Salt Lake

4

2

L

Last Five - Charlotte FC

25/05/24

USA MLS USA

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

0

0

D

18/05/24

USA MLS USA

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

0

0

D

16/05/24

USA MLS USA

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

0

1

W

11/05/24

USA MLS USA

Nashville SC

Nashville SC

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

0

1

W

04/05/24

USA MLS USA

Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

0

2

W

Real Salt Lake City odds: +100 – 47.5%

Draw odds: +260 – 26.0%

Charlotte odds: +265 – 26.5%

Real Salt Lake City’s odds at +100 (47.5%) make them the expected winners while the new kid on the block, Charlotte, barely has a 26.5% chance of securing the three points. It’s embarrassing to see that even a draw at +260 (26.0%) has a higher chance of success than for Charlotte to win against Real Salt Lake City.

Real Salt Lake City vs Charlotte Lineups & Team News

Real Salt Lake City

Our top Real Salt Lake City vs Charlotte predictions are ever so slightly in favor of the home team as coach Pablo Mastroeni’s boys are one of the few teams without draws this season. Their 1-0-4 record is about to get improved on Sunday. After all, what are the chances Real Salt Lake City will get thrashed in a third back-to-back MLS game?

Predicted lineup – Beavers (GK), Brody, Vera, Glad, Eneli, Ruiz, Ojeda, Savarino, Kreilach, Gomez & Rubin

Charlotte

The 2-2 tie against Toronto on the 2nd of April should be considered a success in Charlotte’s camp. Coach Bob Bradley’s side could’ve easily taken the basket full of points for themselves as they had plenty of good goalscoring opportunities. However, a 70th-minute Kamil Jozwiak goal proved decisive as coach Christian Lattanzio’s boys earned a much-needed point.

Predicted lineup – Marks (GK), Afful, Tuiloma, Malanda, Lindsey, Vargas, Santos, Bronico, Jones, Jozwiak & Copetti

Starting Lineups

Real Salt Lake

Real Salt Lake
4-4-2
18
Zac MacMath
us
2
Andrew Brody
us
15
Justen Glad
us
30
Marcelo Silva
uy
4
Brayan Vera
co
11
Andres Gomez
co
28
Jasper Loffelsend
de
7
Pablo Ruiz
ar
10
Jefferson Savarino
ve
29
Anderson Julio
ec
14
Rubio Rubin
us
Substitutes
19
Bode Davis
us
6
Braian Ojeda
py
25
Emeka Eneli
us
35
Gavin Beavers
us
26
Diego Luna
us
16
Maikel Chang
cu
23
Ilijah Paul
us
22
Delentz Pierre
ht
9
Justin Meram
iq

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC
4-3-3
31
George Marks
us
24
Jaylin Lindsey
us
29
Adilson Malanda
fr
6
Bill Tuiloma
nz
25
Harrison Afful
gh
15
Benjamin Bender
us
13
Brandt Bronico
us
11
Karol Swiderski
pl
7
Kamil Jozwiak
pl
9
Enzo Copetti
ar
18
Kerwin Vargas
co
Substitutes
36
Brandon Cambridge
us
28
Joseph Mora
cr
14
Nathan Byrne
gb
77
Nuno Valente Santos
pt
20
Derrick Jones
us
21
Vinicius Mello
br
19
Christopher Hegardt
us
16
Andre Shinyashiki
us
23
Pablo Sisniega
mx

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to Watch: George Marks

Charlotte’s key goalkeeper is Kristijan Kahlina but he suffered a back injury a while ago and is unavailable to his coach. Option number two Pablo Sisniega is failing miserably every chance he gets so it’ll be up to George Marks to cause a dent in our Real Salt Lake City vs Charlotte predictions’ chance of becoming successful.

However, he didn’t exactly seem up to par on matchday six. Marks, 23, conceded twice versus  Toronto last week and he’ll undoubtedly be the weak link in Charlotte’s chain against Real Salt Lake City.

MLS Western Conference Standings

Western Conference
# Team P W D L +/- Points
1 Real Salt Lake

Real Salt Lake

15 8 5 2 13 29
2 Minnesota United FC

Minnesota United FC

13 7 4 2 7 25
3 LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

15 6 7 2 5 25
4 Los Angeles FC

Los Angeles FC

14 7 3 4 6 24
5 Austin FC

Austin FC

15 6 5 4 2 23
6 Colorado Rapids

Colorado Rapids

15 6 4 5 1 22
7 Vancouver Whitecaps

Vancouver Whitecaps

14 5 4 5 3 19
8 Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

14 5 3 6 -2 18
9 Seattle Sounders

Seattle Sounders

15 4 5 6 0 17
10 Portland Timbers

Portland Timbers

15 4 4 7 -2 16
11 St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

14 3 7 4 -2 16
12 FC Dallas

FC Dallas

13 3 4 6 -4 13
13 San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

15 3 2 10 -11 11
14 Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

14 2 5 7 -4 11

Questions About Real Salt Lake City vs Charlotte:

Real Salt Lake City vs Charlotte Prediction

  • Which bookmaker would you recommend? – We highly advise you to give BetRivers a chance this week.
  • Which team has the head-to-head advantage? – Neither. Sunday’s clash will be the first-ever between Real Salt Lake City and Charlotte.
  • Which team has more silverware? – “More” is a bit far-fetched seeing as Charlotte are a newly established club but the truth is that Real Salt Lake City have one major trophy while the visitors have none.
  • Will Kristijan Kahlina play on Sunday? – Alas, no. Charlotte’s goalkeeper-in-chief is out with a back injury.

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.