The Portland Timbers will be facing Minnesota Utd on Sunday and in this article, we will go over the top betting lines and picks for the match. If you want to place more MLS betting picks, you can visit our site and check them out. Portland will try to hold on to their playoff seed while Minnesota is outside looking in.
What are the Top Free Picks for the Match?
We reviewed the stats and data for the Portland Timbers vs Minnesota Utd match and came up with the following betting picks:
- Football Whispers US Prediction one: Both Teams to Score – Yes @ -200
- Football Whispers US Prediction two: Final Result – Minnesota Utd to win @ +230
- Football Whispers US Prediction three: Total Match Goals – Over 2.5 Goals @ -190
All betting lines can change at any time, so be sure to see if you are satisfied with them before you place any of the picks above. We used BetMGM's odds for the betting picks above.
BTTS – Yes
In three of the last four head-to-head fixtures, both teams scored and seven of the last ten Portland Timbers games ended with both clubs scoring. Two of Minnesota Utd's last three games ended with both teams scoring.
Minnesota Utd won four of the last five fixtures they played against Portland Timbers. They also rank second when it comes to form in the last five MLS games out of all the teams in the Western Conference.
Eight of the last ten Portland Timber fixtures across competitions ended with over 2.5 total goals scored. When playing against each other in three of the last four games both the Portland Timbers and Minnesota Utd there were at least three goals scored per match.
Portland Timbers vs Minnesota Utd: Match Preview
Minnesota Utd is lucky enough to have only one injured player – defender Ike Opara has a concussion and hasn't played this season, yet. Portland Timbers haven't had the same luck because five players on their roster are out with injuries.
Four of those players are forwards and they are out because of various injuries. Ismaila Joma (Achilles' tendon) and Jaroslaw Niezgoda (knee injury) have been out most of the season. Cristhian Paredes (thigh injury) and Andy Polo (knee injury) have played a couple of games.
Goalkeeper Jeff Attinella of the Portland Timbers is also out with a thigh injury for several games, so the Timbers’ have a lot of attack power out of commission and it will be tough for them to score to win against Minnesota Utd.
Portland Timbers vs Minnesota Utd: Popular Questions
- Where can I find the best odds for the match? – BetMGM can provide you with the top betting lines for the match.
- What time will the match start? – The kickoff time is 04:30 CET.
- Will anyone stream the match? – Check your local TV networks, your bookmaker, and any other streaming services to see if they will stream the match.
- Where will the match be? – The match will be played at Providence Park in Portland.