Panama - Canada
CONCACAF Nations League - Allegiant Stadium
*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.
CONCACAF Nations League Betting Tips for Panama vs Canada
The long-awaited CONCACAF Nations League brawl between Canada and Panama is finally here. Stay tuned to get the full scoop on these sensational Panama vs Canada predictions.
Under 2.5 Goals
- Neither side will have the home-field advantage as the match will be played in Paradise, Nevada. We believe this will hurt both teams’ attacking chances.
- A whopping 80.0% of the last 10 matches between Panama and Canada ended with under 2.5 goals.
- The only two that didn’t were the 4-1 Canada win on the 14th of October, 2021, and the 2-2 draw on the 4th of June, 2008.
Canada to Win
- Canada are undoubtedly the classier side with some world-class players at coach John Herdman’s disposal – a huge plus in favor of our Panama vs Canada prediction.
- Panama won only two of the last 10 matches and both of them were at home.
- The remaining eight games ended with three victories for the Canucks and five draws.
Top Panama vs Canada Odds and H2H Record
To make a successful CONCACAF Nations League bet on this game, you have to know the history behind the rivalry. With the help of these Panama vs Canada head-to-head statistics, you’ll have all the needed information at your disposal.
Panama odds: +460 – 16.0%
Draw odds: +270 – 25.0%
Canada odds: -153 – 59.0%
Our main ‘Under 2.5 Goals’ betting tip for Panama vs Canada has a whopping 57.98% likelihood of succeeding at -138. After knowing that, you’d think the bookies predict an evenly-matched team but seeing as there’s barely a 25.0% chance for the two managers to share the spoils, you see that’s not the case. Canada are the bookies’ expected winners as coach Herdman’s boys have a staggering 59.0% win probability while Panama’s odds at +460 give them a measly 16.0%.
Panama vs Canada Lineups & Team News
Despite beating Nicaragua 3-2 at Estadio Universitario on the 11th of June, our Panama vs Canada predictions remain – we fancy the Canucks’ chances to win. Panama’s winning goals over lackluster Nicaragua were scored in the 84th and 81st minutes of the game. The visitors should’ve gotten a victory and we believe it was sheer luck that helped Panama defeat Nicaragua.
Predicted lineup – Mejia (GK), Martinez, Miller, Blackman, Welch, Stephens, Gondola, Gomez, Rodriguez, Yanis & Davis
A key factor behind our anticipations is the fact that coach John Herdman will have some tremendous players such as Alphonso Davies and Jonathan David at his disposal. Coach Christiansen certainly doesn’t have that luxury. It’s that sort of talent that earned Canada a 4-1 win over Honduras on the 29th of June.
Predicted lineup – Borjan (GK), Johnston, Kennedy, Cornelius, Buchanan, Kone, Eustaquio, Osorio, Davies, Larin & David
Player to Watch: Jonathan David
Despite Bayern Munich’s Alphonso Davies being the face of this historic Canadian team, we fancy Jonathan David’s chances to make our Panama vs Canada predictions a success. The 23-year-old LOSC Lille player has been sensational throughout the past few years and it wouldn’t take long before one of the top clubs in Europe makes an official bid to earn his services. After all, LOSC Lille is no place for a sensational talent such as David’s.
After scoring 15 goals in the 2021/22 season with his club, he upped the ante in the 2022/23 campaign by a lot. Jonathan David scored 24 goals and supplied teammates with four assists in this season’s Ligue 1 campaign putting pressure on soccer superstar Kylian Mbappe for 1st place. Jonathan David also earned six yellow cards. Had he not missed a game for LOSC Lille, perhaps he could’ve bagged a goal or two more.
Anyway, we believe he’d like to earn a new contract with a more high-profile club but to do so, he’ll have to put on a show on the 16th of June and prove our Panama vs Canada predictions right.
*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off