New York Red Bulls vs Atletico San Luis Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 31/07/2023

New York Red Bulls
31/07/23 - 00:30

Finished

2

-

1

Atletico San Luis

New York Red Bulls - Atletico San Luis

Leagues Cup - Red Bull Arena

3rd Round

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Top New York Red Bulls vs Atletico San Luis Predictions

Never before have New York Red Bulls and Atletico San Luis crossed swords before, but there’s a first time for everything. This interesting Leagues Cup match is scheduled to be played on the last day of the month at Red Bull Arena, so let’s see what the key New York Red Bulls vs Atletico San Luis betting tips look like.

Over 2.5 Goals

  • Despite a slow start to their MLS campaign, New York Red Bulls now have six consecutive games resulting in over 2.5 Goals.
  • Six back-to-back games at Red Bull Arena also ended in three or more goals scored.
  • Two of Atletico San Luis’ three opening Apertura games also saw plenty of goals being scored.

Draw or Atletico San Luis

  • The Bulls couldn’t win their first Leagues Cup game in regular time, as the clash versus New England Revolution ended 0-0.
  • Atletico San Luis won two out of their three Apertura brawls.
  • Before the Leagues Cup began, the Bulls suffered two losses on the spin in Major League Soccer.

Exclusive New York Red Bulls vs Atletico San Luis Odds and Statistics

The graphics below contain valuable New York Red Bulls vs Atletico San Luis head-to-head statistics that’ll back up our New York Red Bulls vs Atletico San Luis predictions.

Last Five - New York Red Bulls

08/06/24

USA MLS USA

New England Revolution

New England Revolution

New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

1

0

L

01/06/24

USA MLS USA

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

0

1

W

29/05/24

USA MLS USA

Charlotte FC

Charlotte FC

New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

1

3

W

18/05/24

USA MLS USA

New York City FC

New York City FC

New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

2

1

L

15/05/24

USA MLS USA

DC United

DC United

New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

1

4

W

Last Five - Atletico San Luis

29/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Santos Laguna

Santos Laguna

Atletico San Luis

Atletico San Luis

0

3

W

20/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Toluca

Toluca

Atletico San Luis

Atletico San Luis

5

1

L

15/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Atlas

Atlas

Atletico San Luis

Atletico San Luis

2

1

L

08/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Juarez FC

Juarez FC

Atletico San Luis

Atletico San Luis

3

2

L

30/03/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Club America

Club America

Atletico San Luis

Atletico San Luis

2

1

L

New York Red Bulls odds: -110 – 52.0%

Draw odds: +245 – 28.0%

Atletico San Luis odds: +320 – 20.0%

Over 2.5 Goals is a betting tip priced at +105, which automatically means there’s a massive 48.78% chance that it’ll be a success. Due to Atletico San Luis’ poor form, the Mexican side barely has a 20.0% chance of securing three points. Meanwhile, New York Red Bulls are the expected winners with a massive 52.0% win probability ahead of this game, while a draw is priced at 28.0%.

New York Red Bulls vs Atletico San Luis Lineups & Team News

New York Red Bulls

In an experimental 4-2-2-2 formation, coach Troy Lesesne’s boys emerged victoriously against in-form New England Revolution on the 23rd of July. The game ended 0-0 in regular time, but the penalty roulette was kind to the Bulls, as they scooped a 4-2 victory.

Predicted lineup – Carlos (GK), Harper, Ndam, Nealis, Tolkin, Amaya, Edelman, Mosso, Luquinhas, Bartlow & Vanzeir

Atletico San Luis

Coach Gustavo Leal is doing wonders with this team. With a stroke of a magic wand, the Brazilian manager transformed Atletico San Luis into a game-winning machine. Their last Apertura match ended 4-1, as Queretaro went home empty-handed. Surely, if the team maintains momentum, our New York Red Bulls vs Atletico San Luis predictions will succeed.

Predicted lineup – Rodriguez (GK), Chavez, Domingues, Bilbao, Sanabria, Dourado, Guemez, Arantes, Villalpando, Murillo & Bonatini

Player to Watch: UnaI Bilbao

Defender-in-chief didn’t have the most productive 2022/23 campaign, but it seems that he’s back with a vengeance in the 2023/24 race. The Spanish wall at the back of Atletico San Luis has been doing wonders in keeping the ball away from Rodriguez’s penalty area.

We highly believe that having Bilbao on the side of our New York Red Bulls vs Atletico San Luis predictions will be of huge importance. After all, Unai is the leading goalscorer for the Mexican side, with two goals to his name already.

Starting Lineups

New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls
4-4-2
1
Carlos Miguel
py
17
Cameron Harper
us
98
Hassan Ndam
cm
15
Sean Nealis
us
47
John Tolkin
us
21
Omir Fernandez
us
8
Frankie Amaya
us
75
Daniel Edelman
us
82
Luquinhas
br
13
Dante Vanzeir
be
74
Tom Barlow
us
Substitutes
48
Ronald Donkor
ml
11
Elias Manoel
br
18
Ryan Meara
us
19
Wikelman Carmona
ve
5
Peter Stroud
us
2
Jayden Reid
us
4
Andres Reyes
co
31
Ibrahim Kasule
ug
16
Dru Yearwood
gb
3
Matthew Nocita
us
6
Kyle Duncan
us
40
Anthony Maucci
us

Atletico San Luis

Atletico San Luis
4-2-3-1
5
Ricardo Chavez
mx
4
Julio Cesar Dominguez
mx
20
Unai Bilbao
es
8
Juan Sanabria
uy
13
Rodrigo Dourado
br
16
Javier Guemez
mx
10
Dieter Villalpando
mx
7
Jhon Murillo
ve
9
Leo Bonatini
br
Substitutes
31
Eduardo Aguila Castro
mx
29
Uziel Amin Garcia Martinez
mx
19
Sebastien Salles-Lamonge
fr
6
Andres Iniestra
mx
25
Jurgen Damm
mx
23
Cesar Lopez
mx
27
Benjamin Galdames
cl
17
Angel Zaldivar
mx
2
Juan Castro
mx
30
Jordan Silva
mx

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

New York Red Bulls vs Atletico San Luis Prediction


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.