Pachuca vs Motagua Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 17/03/2023

Pachuca
17/03/23 - 02:15

Finished

1

-

1

Motagua

Pachuca - Motagua

CONCACAF Champions League - Estadio Miguel Hidalgo

4th Round

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Pachuca vs Motagua Betting Tips & Top Picks

The second leg between Pachuca and Motagua will be played on the 17th of March at Estadio Hidalgo. Stay tuned to find out more about the clash in the Pachuca vs Motagua predictions below.

Javier Lopez to Score Anytime

When Nicolas Ibanez left Pachuca everyone believed Guillermo Almada’s boys will have difficulties finding the net. Nothing of the sort is happening these days as Javier Lopez really stepped up his game and filled Nicolas Ibanez’s shoes just fine.

With six goals and one assist since the start of the Clausura, Javier Lopez is currently Pachuca’s key attacking threat that Motagua will have to somehow contain if they want to go home unbeaten.

Place the bet >>

Under 1.5 Second-Half Goals

Our second Pachuca vs Motagua prediction might upset a few of you who were anticipating an interesting match on Friday but there are very few reasons to believe this match will end in such a way. After all, the first leg between the two teams was a goalless tie, and considering how scarce the goalscoring opportunities were, it will be surprising for the rematch to be much different.

Yes, Pachuca crushed Club America 0-3 a couple of days ago but all of these goals were scored in the first half of the game.

Place the bet >>

Key Pachuca vs Motagua Odds & Head-to-Head Statistics

This interesting CONCACAF Champions League game between Pachuca and Motagua has some very exciting betting odds to offer:

Head to Head

10/03/23

CONCACAF Champions League CCL

Motagua

Motagua

Pachuca

Pachuca

0

0

Last Five - Pachuca

21/02/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Puebla

Puebla

Pachuca

Pachuca

1

4

W

18/02/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Club America

Club America

Pachuca

Pachuca

1

2

W

11/02/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Monterrey

Monterrey

Pachuca

Pachuca

3

2

L

08/02/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Leon

Leon

Pachuca

Pachuca

2

3

W

04/02/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Tijuana

Tijuana

Pachuca

Pachuca

2

3

W

Last Five - Motagua

14/04/23

CONCACAF Champions League CCL

Tigres UANL

Tigres UANL

Motagua

Motagua

5

0

L

09/04/23

Honduras Liga Nacional Honduras

CD Vida

CD Vida

Motagua

Motagua

0

1

W

06/04/23

CONCACAF Champions League CCL

Tigres UANL

Tigres UANL

Motagua

Motagua

1

0

L

02/04/23

Honduras Liga Nacional Honduras

CD Olimpia

CD Olimpia

Motagua

Motagua

3

1

L

19/03/23

Honduras Liga Nacional Honduras

Olancho FC

Olancho FC

Motagua

Motagua

1

0

L

Pachuca odds: -133 – 56.0%

Draw odds: +310 – 23.0%

Motagua odds: +400 – 21.0%

Motagua certainly have their chance on Friday. After all, they do have a 21.0% win probability at +400 while a draw is valued at +310 (23.0%). However, our recommendation is you stick to our Pachuca vs Motagua prediction which favors coach Guillermo Almada’s side at -133 (56.0%).

Pachuca vs Motagua Lineups & Team News

Pachuca

The last month has been an emotional rollercoaster for Pachuca’s fans. Los Tuzos crushed Club America 0-3, lost to Monterrey, and to put a cherry on top – their performance against Motagua was mediocre at best. To qualify for the next round of CONCACAF Champions League soccer, Guillermo Almada will have to rally the troops and take more risks.

Predicted lineup – Ustari (GK), Isais, Murillo, Cabral, Alvarez, Hurtado, Sanchez, Chavez, Hinestroza, Lopez & de la Rosa

Motagua

Despite nullifying Pachuca for a goalless tie on the 10th of March, Motagua’s fans were hoping for a goal advantage ahead of the second leg as the game at Estadio Hidalgo will be mission impossible for their favorite club. Motagua are one of the prolific teams for Honduras but not even their league performance is up to par this season. After all, the club is in 4th place after 12 matches played which only boosts our Pachuca vs Motagua predictions even more.

Predicted lineup – Rougier (GK), C. Melendez, S. Melendez, Santos, Triverio, Delgado, Nunez, Decas, Hernandez, Campana & Lopez

Starting Lineups

Pachuca

Pachuca
4-4-2
2
Kevin Alvarez
mx
22
Gustavo Cabral
ar
12
Mauricio Isais
mx
16
Eduardo Lopez
mx
21
Antonio Figueroa
mx
30
Romario Ibarra
ec
10
Erick Sanchez
mx
8
Cristian Arango
co
Substitutes
18
Marino Hinestroza
co
40
Israel Luna
mx
26
Jahaziel Marchand
mx
29
Illian Hernandez
mx
14
Jose Castillo
mx
28
Jesus Daniel Hernandez Casiano
mx
9
Roberto de la Rosa
mx

Motagua

Motagua
4-4-2
25
Marlon Licona
hn
35
Cristopher Melendez
hn
5
Marcelo Pereira
hn
12
Raul Marcelo Santos Colindres
hn
17
Wesly Decas
hn
10
Gaspar Triverio
ar
23
Juan Angel Delgado
hn
32
Jonathan Nunez
hn
7
Ivan Edgardo Lopez Cano
hn
11
Lucas Campana
ar
9
Eddie Hernandez
hn
Substitutes
14
Geovanny Bueso
us
27
Cristian Gutiu00e9rrez
hn
22
Juan Carlos Obregon Jr.
hn
16
Hector Enrique Castellanos Villatoro
hn
4
Carlos Mejia
hn
21
Roberto Ramon Moreira Aldana
py
18
Diego Fernando Rodriguez Lopez
hn
8
Walter Joel Martinez Betanco
hn
19
Jonathan Felipe Rougier
ar
34
Giancarlos Sacaza
hn

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to Watch: Roberto de la Rosa

Pachuca’s 23-year-old striker is definitely not among the top assets at coach Guillermo Almada’s disposal. After all, his market value is at only €800k. However, he seems to be the kind of player that thrives under pressure as he’s the 2nd-best finisher for his club. He only concedes first place to the outstanding Javier Lopez. We believe that Roberto de la Rosa will be a key figure in this game and a major reason behind the success of our Pachuca vs Motagua predictions.

Interesting Pachuca vs Motagua Questions and Answers:

Pachuca vs Motagua Prediction

  • How did the last match between the two clubs end? – The CONCACAF Champions League match between Pachuca and Motagua at Estadio Olimpico Metropolitano ended with a lackluster goalless tie.
  • Who was the better of the two teams on the pitch in the first leg? – By a landslide, Pachuca were the better of the two teams. After all, the Mexican club had 20 shots at target while Motagua barely had 10.
  • Where is the second leg going to be played? – Pachuca will host Motagu at Estadio Hidalgo.
  • Which bookmaker would you recommend? – We like DraftKings for this CONCACAF Champions League match.
  • What do the bookies predict? – An effortless Pachuca victory against Motagua.

Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.