Violette vs Leon Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 12/04/2023

Violette AC
12/04/23 - 01:00

Finished

2

-

1

Leon

Violette AC - Leon

CONCACAF Champions Cup

3rd Round

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Top Violette vs Leon Predictions & Betting Lines

Wednesday is drawing near and this time, we have Leon paying Violette a visit in the CONCACAF Champions League quarter-final at Cibao Stadium. Football Whispers’ expert Violette vs Leon betting tips will guide you to make a top bet on this game.

Under 0.5 Violette Goals

Similar to last week’s prognosis, we’ll start our Violette vs Leon prediction by saying that the sheer class difference between the two teams is quite noticeable. Leon’s market value is too many times higher for the home team to make a difference on Wednesday.

Sure, Estadio Leon can be an intimidating venue for many teams and we did expect Violette to struggle. But certainly not that much. Coach Rony Attimy’s boys barely had 32.0% possession and only two shots on target.

It’s that sort of performance that forces us to believe Wednesday’s clash isn’t going to be much different. Especially, when you consider the fact that Leon have the 2nd-best defensive record in Mexico’s Clausura right now.

Leon to Win

With two back-to-back clean sheets, Nicolas Larcamon’s boys are the expected winners on Wednesday. Yes, they’ll have to travel for this CONCACAF Champions League quarter-final but is that really an issue?

Leon proved time and time again this season that performing away from home is no issue for them. The 2-2 draw against the Eagles at Estadio Azteca can testify to our words. Our key Violette vs Leon prediction is completely in favor of the visitors who thrashed Violette in the first leg 5-0 at Estadio Leon.

An interesting fact that will surely make you trust our Violette vs Leon prediction is that Nicolas Larcamon’s side hasn’t lost a game in 13 official matches in all tournaments!

Exclusive Violette vs Leon Odds for CONCACAF Champions League

After checking out our Violette vs Leon predictions, you’d be wise to also give the odds section for Wednesday’s CONCACAF Champions League clash a quick read.

Head to Head

05/04/23

CONCACAF Champions League CCL

Leon

Leon

Violette AC

Violette AC

5

0

Last Five - Violette AC

12/04/23

CONCACAF Champions Cup CCL

Leon

Leon

Violette AC

Violette AC

1

2

W

05/04/23

CONCACAF Champions Cup CCL

Leon

Leon

Violette AC

Violette AC

5

0

L

15/03/23

CONCACAF Champions Cup CCL

Austin FC

Austin FC

Violette AC

Violette AC

2

0

L

07/03/23

CONCACAF Champions Cup CCL

Austin FC

Austin FC

Violette AC

Violette AC

0

3

W

19/05/22

CFU Club Championship CFU

Waterhouse

Waterhouse

Violette AC

Violette AC

1

3

W

Last Five - Leon

15/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Unam Pumas

Unam Pumas

Leon

Leon

1

0

L

06/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Queretaro

Queretaro

Leon

Leon

2

0

L

01/04/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Necaxa

Necaxa

Leon

Leon

1

2

W

17/03/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Puebla

Puebla

Leon

Leon

1

2

W

09/03/24

Mexico Liga MX Mexico

Chivas Guadalajara

Chivas Guadalajara

Leon

Leon

1

2

W

Violette odds: +330 – 23.0%

Draw odds: +320 – 24.0%

Leon odds: -120 – 53.0%

Does it really come as a surprise that Leon’s odds at -120 make them the expected winners in Wednesday’s CONCACAF Champions League clash with a massive 53.0% likelihood of winning? Even as a visiting team, Nicolas Larcamon’s boys are by far the better of the two teams and it’s no wonder why Violette barely have a 23.0% win probability for this clash. Even a draw at +320 (24.0%) has a higher chance of success.

Violette vs Leon Lineups & Team News

Violette

Violette got thrashed 5-0 at Estadio Leon last week and they’ll find it hard to bounce back so swiftly. Coach Rony Attimy’s boys barely had two shots on target, 32% possession, and 212 passes. Surely Wednesday’s clash will be a bit easier for them considering the home-field support but the loss is inevitable.

Predicted lineup – Decius (GK), Leriche, Ciceron, Oracius, Michel, Dejean, Camille, Saba, Louima, Chery & Verdine

Leon

After Nicolas Larcamon’s boys crushed Violette at Estadio Leon, it was Cruz Azul in Mexico’s Clausura who couldn’t slide it past Rodolfo Cota. With two back-to-back clean sheets for Leon, we anticipate the CONCACAF Champions League game on Wednesday to be a walk in the part for Nicolas Larcamon and his players, as you already saw in our top Violette vs Leon predictions.

Predicted lineup – Cota (GK), Moreno, Barreiro, Frias, Bellon, Davila, Romero, Angulo, Mena, Rubio & Campbell

🔥SEMANA DE CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2023🏆🔥

Según FiveThirtyEight estas son las probabilidades de cada Equipo para avanzar a Semifinales en la CCL 2023:

Violette 24% v Leon 76% ✅
✅ Tigres 65% v Motagua 35%
✅ LAFC 72% v Vancouver WT 28%
Atlas 46% vs Philadelphia U 54% ✅ pic.twitter.com/djzPQVQOzu

— CONCACAF Zone (@TodoConcacaf) April 10, 2023

Starting Lineups

Violette AC

Violette AC
4-4-2

Leon

Leon
4-4-2
30
Rodolfo Cota
mx
23
Byron David Castillo Segura
ec
25
Paul Bellon Saracho
mx
36
Luis Cervantes
mx
27
Ricardo Angulo
mx
34
Oscar Villa
mx
26
Fidel Daniel Ambriz Gonzalez
mx
29
Lucas Romero
ar
38
Hector Uribe
mx
15
Brian Rubio
mx
20
Jose Alvarado
mx
Substitutes
1
Alfonso Blanco
mx
11
Elias Hernandez
mx
39
Sebastian Santos
mx
40
Oscar Garcia
mx
37
Bryan Romero
mx
47
Jose Salazar
mx

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to Watch: Rodolfo Cota

The key man in our Violette vs Leon prediction is Rodolfo Cota. Cota, 35, should be reaching the end of his career but judging by his catlike reflexes, he seems like a 25-year-old up-and-coming goalkeeper rather than a veteran. Cota is a key reason behind Leon’s tremendous defensive record this season and it will be interesting to see how he’ll perform away from Mexico on Wednesday.

Violette vs Leon Predictions, Questions, and Answers

Violette vs Leon Prediction

  • Are there any key injuries or suspensions? – No, the two managers will be able to count on their best 11 men for the job.
  • What’s the venue for Violette vs Leon? – This CONCACAF Champions League game will be held at Cibao Stadium.
  • How impressive is Leon’s unbeaten streak? – Leon’s 13-games unbeaten run will hardly come to an abrupt end on Wednesday.

Avatar of James Kelbrick
James Kelbrick

A lifelong Evertonian, James started writing for an Everton fan site in the mid-2000s and then developed his own blog covering football transfers from across Europe's big leagues before becoming a regular match preview and betting tips writer for Biggest Free Bets. James moved to Free Super Tips next, and then Racing Post, where he worked as a full-time writer for a few years, taking on extra responsibilities such as creating the schedule and assigning out work. Following that, James wrote for a number of websites including Fore Bet before joining Football Whispers in December 2020.