New England Revolution vs Houston Dynamo Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 05/03/2023

New England Revolution
05/03/23 - 00:30

Finished

3

-

0

Houston Dynamo

New England Revolution - Houston Dynamo

USA MLS - Gillette Stadium

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Essential New England Revolution vs Houston Dynamo Predictions for MLS

One team had a fantastic start to the season while the other one had a fiasco. Find out who the favorite to win is in our top New England Revolution vs Houston Dynamo picks below.

New England/New England

New England Revolution is a real bully to Houston Dynamo. The last 10 matches between the two clubs ended with six victories for coach Bruce Arena’s side, two draws, and only two Houston Dynamo triumphs. There was nothing about Houston Dynamo’s display in the opening fixture that signaled a change of pace. Therefore, our key New England Revolution vs Houston Dynamo prediction is entirely in favor of the home team.

Place the bet >>

Under 2.5 Goals

Five of the last 10 games ended with under 2.5 goals and five didn’t. It’s a 50/50 shot if we have to be honest but considering how poorly the two teams did in attack in the opening 2023 MLS matchday, we think that the game on the 5th of March is definitely not going to produce any box-office moments.

New England Revolution recorded a clean sheet but barely got away with the win in the 89th minute of the game while Houston Dynamo also scored only once in the away game against Cincinnati.

Place the bet >>

New England Revolution vs Houston Dynamo Odds & H2H Statistics

If you quickly check the odds section, you’ll understand that even the bookies back up our key New England Revolution vs Houston Dynamo prediction.

Head to Head

14/09/22

USA MLS USA

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

New England Revolution

New England Revolution

3

1

30/06/19

USA MLS USA

New England Revolution

New England Revolution

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

2

1

01/04/18

USA MLS USA

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

New England Revolution

New England Revolution

0

2

25/02/18

World Club Friendlies World

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

New England Revolution

New England Revolution

1

1

08/04/17

USA MLS USA

New England Revolution

New England Revolution

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

2

0

Last Five - New England Revolution

25/05/24

USA MLS USA

New York City FC

New York City FC

New England Revolution

New England Revolution

1

0

L

18/05/24

USA MLS USA

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

New England Revolution

New England Revolution

3

0

L

11/05/24

USA MLS USA

New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

New England Revolution

New England Revolution

4

2

L

05/05/24

USA MLS USA

Chicago Fire

Chicago Fire

New England Revolution

New England Revolution

0

1

W

27/04/24

USA MLS USA

Inter Miami CF

Inter Miami CF

New England Revolution

New England Revolution

4

1

L

Last Five - Houston Dynamo

26/05/24

USA MLS USA

LA Galaxy

LA Galaxy

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

2

1

L

19/05/24

USA MLS USA

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

1

1

D

16/05/24

USA MLS USA

Austin FC

Austin FC

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

1

0

L

12/05/24

USA MLS USA

Sporting Kansas City

Sporting Kansas City

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

1

2

W

08/05/24

USA US Open Cup USA

Detroit City FC

Detroit City FC

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo

3

3

D

New England Revolution odds: -153 – 59.0%

Draw odds: +295 – 24.0%

Houston Dynamo odds: +420 – 17.0%

After losing 2-1 against Cincinnati, Houston Dynamo are now the underdogs to win at Gillette Stadium at +420 (17.0%). Even a draw is more likely to happen – 24.0% chance at +295. New England Revolution’s odds at -153 give coach Bruce Arena’s boys a massive 59.0% likelihood of winning.

Predicted Lineups, Team News, and Last Result

New England Revolution

Coach Bruce Arena has definitely had a few talks with his players regarding their conduct on the pitch on the 26th of February. Sure, they emerged victoriously after pipping Charlotte 0-1 but the experienced manager would’ve wanted the game to be less of a nail-bitter as it was a late 89th-minute Henry Kessler goal that proved decisive.

Predicted lineup – Petrovic (GK), Jones, Kessler, Romney, Bye, Buck, Polster, Borrero, Gil, Rivera & Vrioni

Houston Dynamo

Despite outplaying Cincinnati on the 26th of February, coach Ben Olsen’s players couldn’t win a single point. The game ended in a disappointing 2-1 victory for Cincinnati leaving Houston Dynamo players’ shell-shocked. With 63% possession and 19 shots at target, they were undoubtedly the better side on the pitch but we’re sure that the lack of efficiency up front will cost them dearly and our New England Revolution vs Houston Dynamo predictions will prove to be a massive success.

Predicted lineup – Clark (GK), Escobar, Bartlow, Hadebe, Schmitt, Artur, Herrera, Franco, Carrasquilla, Baird & Ferreira

Starting Lineups

New England Revolution

New England Revolution
4-1-2-1-2
99
Djordje Petrovic
rs
15
Brandon Bye
us
4
Henry Kessler
us
2
Dave Romney
us
24
DeJuan Jones
us
8
Matt Polster
us
19
Latif Blessing
gh
29
Noel Buck
us
10
Carles Gil
es
17
Bobby Wood
us
11
Dylan Borrero
co
Substitutes
72
Damian Rivera
us
47
Esmir Bajraktarevic
us
14
Jozy Altidore
us
9
Giacomo Vrioni
al
12
Justin Rennicks
us
6
Christian Makoun
ve
3
Omar Gonzalez
us
18
Emmanuel Boateng
gh
36
Earl Edwards Jr.
us

Houston Dynamo

Houston Dynamo
4-3-3
12
Steve Clark
us
25
Griffin Dorsey
us
4
Ethan Bartlow
us
17
Teenage Hadebe
zw
22
Tate Schmitt
us
16
Hector Herrera
mx
20
Adalberto Carrasquilla
pa
6
Artur
br
11
Corey Baird
us
34
Thorleifur Ulfarsson
is
7
Ivan Franco
py
Substitutes
27
Luis Caicedo
co
13
Andrew Tarbell
us
35
Brooklyn Raines
us
9
Carlos Sebastian Ferreira Vidal
py
21
Nelson Quinones
co
31
Micael
br
8
Amine Bassi
fr
5
Daniel Steres
us
24
Mujeeb Murana
us

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to Watch: Henry Kessler

The 24-year-old defender was the big hero for New England Revolution in their opening MLS 2023 fixture. With a lovely header in the 89th minute of the match against Charlotte, Henry Kessler brought the three points to coach Bruce Arena on a silver platter. Furthermore, he was also a rock at the back not allowing for any through passes to get past him and that makes our New England Revolution vs Houston Dynamo prediction all the more likely to be a success.

MLS Eastern Conference Standings

Frequently Asked Questions About Our Key New England Revolution vs Houston Dynamo Predictions:

New England Revolution vs Houston Dynamo Prediction

  • Whom do the bookies favor? – DraftKings predict an effortless New England Revolution win.
  • Where can I watch the match? – You can watch New England Revolution vs Houston Dynamo live on Apple TV.
  • What’s the venue? – The game will be played at Gillette Stadium.
  • Which bookmaker should I make my MLS bet with? – We advise you to give DraftKings a chance.

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.